Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D6 MM]Breakfast amongst the Bold[/Closed]

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[D6 MM]Breakfast amongst the Bold[/Closed] Empty [D6 MM]Breakfast amongst the Bold[/Closed]

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon May 25, 2015 1:29 am

Theomore had no problem with not arriving early, his nephew had a habit of getting up at the most ungodly hours, now he had an excuse to avoid this. How fortunate that Nathan was as close with just the man he had a mind to share words with, and most eager to be of assistance, not even asking for something in return. No matter, Theomore would get him something in return, repay a favor with a favor, and odds are you will get another favor down the road.

"
It is an honor, Ser Jon, Nathaniel here was so kind to offer an invite. I do not often meet men of the Reach, and more's a pity, Highgarden is a place that I regret having to leave each time I visit."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

[D6 MM]Breakfast amongst the Bold[/Closed] Empty Re: [D6 MM]Breakfast amongst the Bold[/Closed]

Post by Reader Mon May 25, 2015 1:07 pm

Ser Jon had risen early to exercise ahead of the joust. His light brown hair was slick with sweat from morning swordplay, and he bowed to Ser Theomore in greeting before fetching a towel to dry off.

"
An honour to receive our pageant champion, Ser Theomore."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D6 MM]Breakfast amongst the Bold[/Closed] Empty Re: [D6 MM]Breakfast amongst the Bold[/Closed]

Post by Nathaniel Mason Mon May 25, 2015 1:17 pm

"
I miss Highgarden too."
said Nathan with a wistful smile.

Nathan currently wore a simple tunic and matching pants of unadorned white silk. He looked bright eyed and awake, but he'd obviously just dragged fingers through his hair and his feet were bare.

"
I'm just making tea, Ser Theramore. Would you like a cup? Or would you prefer something else."
He waved over at the table. There was water and various juices, cheese, cold meat, and pastries of varying descriptions. "
Help yourself."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue May 26, 2015 3:35 pm

"
Tea would be quite wonderful, you don't get that very often, you know? Everyone brings out the wine to just about anything."
Theomore accepts that offer with cheery gratitude. "
I am a man that enjoys the introduction of a little change to upset one's established routines."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue May 26, 2015 6:55 pm

Ser Jon smiled at Theomore's words.

"
Well said Ser, a life without a little variety would be a dull thing indeed."

"
A trip to Highgarden may beckon in all of our futures then. It will be truly glorious in the summer, so let us give it a year or two to recover from the ravages of winter."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Tue May 26, 2015 8:33 pm

"
I am with you, Ser Theromore."
says Nathan as he hands him a cup. "
Everyone is always trying to push Dornish wine on me. I'll drink it out of politeness, but the truth is I loathe the stuff. I much prefer the sparkling whites of Highgarden or the rich fruity reds of Winterfell.

Taking his tea and grabbing a pastry from the table, Nathan curls up in a pile of pillows on the floor, obviously wanting to allow the two men to focus on their conversation, but showing no sign of leaving either.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed May 27, 2015 2:40 pm

"
There is a time for Dornish Red, another for Arbor Gold, different wine for different courses."
Theomore goes on, of course, too many courses in one feast may lead to too much wine and so the conversation goes, Theomore takes care to allow Ser Jon to have his say, and take part in the conversation...and speaking of too much drink, that is what Theomore's investigations leads to conclude with the terrible tragedy befalling Brenda the serving girl, though no amount of drink can justify one's actions.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed May 27, 2015 7:08 pm

Ser Jon frowns at the mention of Ser Benjen's allegend assault on Brenna. Unfamiliar with Ser Theomore beyond his political leanings, Ser Jon is wary.

"
An ill deed by an ill made knight, if the stories are true. Then, there are stories about all of us, some with more truth than others."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed May 27, 2015 10:37 pm

"
Well, I do wish that this particular story was just a story, ser."
Theomore shakes his head slightly in sadness. Real sadness, still not quite shaking off his own guilt in the matter, even if it was for the best. "
But Lord Tully tasked my Lord nephew with the investigation of the matter, most are much too afraid of Ser Benjen to say anything, but the testimonies of those brave enough to give them confirms the sad truth."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri May 29, 2015 7:53 pm

"
Would that it were just a tale then, for both the harm done to the girl and the diminution of Ser Benjen's character."

"
Lord Tullison has a heavy burden, to investigate such dark deeds. Still, such may be the making of the man, no?"
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri May 29, 2015 8:46 pm

"
I do think that the things he has seen here is a mite more grim than what he is used to, and I have a feeling that the worst of it is yet to come to pass."
Theomore has to agree on the point though, Dunstan was a boy, but might be he'd mature after this.

"
Though to his credit, fear is not among my lord nephew's traits, I only hope another has the same sort of courage when Ser Benjen demands the right to attempt to exonerate himself through blood. The like of the ferocious one in combat, my nephew most assuredly is not. "
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri May 29, 2015 10:57 pm

"
Few are his match, there is no shame in that. However, one of our mystery knights seemed to have the better of him at tilting."

"
Like many large men, he lacks the finesse for mounted combat. Strong men like Ser Harbert Baratheon and Ser Alayne Tully are to be truly feared - champion on foot or on horseback. Ser Benjen is not their equal, but again, there is not shame in that."

Ser Jon picked up an apple and bit in to it, wondering what his guest was driving at...
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat May 30, 2015 2:18 am

"
With his horsemanship, ser. I ought to have put money on his fall."
Theomore shrugs. "
If only this mystery knight happened to be less mysterious so that we might have known him for a rider of competence. For certain, his reputation as one of the outsiders must come from him managing to settle things by blade often enough to make a name for himself."

"
Or perhaps it is the same sort of reputation that makes most men, even knights, proclaim that they did not witness anything that night, as if they were to risk having to cross blades with Ser Benjen if they did otherwise. I do hope it will not serve to make him go free."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sat May 30, 2015 6:12 am

"
I admit that I am not quite awake yet"
interjects Nathan blandly, "
but if I have the jist right, Ser Benjen has been accused of forcing his unwanted attentions on a young girl and Lord Dunstan has been tasked with investigating the truth of the matter."

"
Is there any proof of these allegations? It would not be the first time a girl has accused a Knight of such things falsely, either for her own reasons or because she has been paid to."

"
How does this involve Ser Jon? He was not a witness to either Ser Benjen's guilt or innocence. Are you asking for his help to investigate these allegations? Or are you hoping for his assistance should Ser Benjen inevitably demand a trial by combat to clear his name."

"
I understand the delicacy of the matter, Ser Theromore, but I think a little more directness this early in the morning might help your cause."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:17 pm

"
Is there a hidden meaning attached to every word uttered?"
Theomore says in a bit of a playful tone, before turning it a rather deep shade of grave. "
I must admit that the matter does trouble me greatly, the Blackwoods are Tullison cousins after all, and due to the incident involving Lady Sofia the morning after..well, it has moved beyond a simple matter of what Ser Benjen did or did not do that night."

"
I talked to the girl myself on my nephew's behalf, and there are some things...no, I shall not mince words, her spirit was broken, ser. I've seen rape on the stepstones, it leaves behind wounds and scars on mind that no poulitce or medicine can heal, and this I saw in her eyes."
Her name is Brenna, and she ought not be just a piece in the great game. "
Some things you just cannot fake."

"
As a knight remembering his charge, or rather, a man with a common sense of what is right, I ought to do my part to ensure that justice must be delivered, Ser Benjen may do this again, and so might others if we do not show the realm that this is not acceptable."

"
However, Lady Sofia's actions have turned the situation rather delicate, were a Blackwood stand as champion, we have the makings of a feud on our hands, and gods knows Raventree Hall has one too many of those already."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:37 pm

"
An outsider then? You don't lack for knights here, many of whom have proved themselves worthy jousters at this and other tourneys."

Jon smiled.

"
They'll hail you as Ser Theomore the Conciliator if you can convince a Bracken to stand. Statues, a parade, songs. Undying fame - what more could a man want? Our deeds live on long after us - even if you cannot perform such a miracle, I'm sure you'll find a man willing to write his name in red across history's page."

He crunches in to an apple, a far off look in his eyes.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:24 pm

"
I must admit, ser."
Theomore says in a bemused tone. "
That Ser Theomore the conciliator does hold a certain appeal."

"
I would, however, think it easier to persuade Ser Benjen to do the honorable thing and take the black than to make the Brute of Bracken to stand against him when it seems likely that a Blackwood otherwise will."
Come to think of it, that was an option, too, wasn't it? Even more preferable than an uncertain trial of champions.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:28 pm

'Is there a hidden meaning attached to every word uttered?' Damn right there is. Nathan could smell the politics all over this. There was much glossed over in Ser Theormore's words.

"
It is true that Ser Benjen has a reputation for being capable of such an act, but I try not to judge a man entirely by his reputation."
How many people judge me by my reputation. "
Did she resist from the beginning? Did she go with Ser Benjen only to change her mind too late? Was she put up to it by Ser Benjen's enemies, of which he has many? Her trauma may be genuine, especially if she was thrown into a plot well above her head and found herself drowning."

"
Do not misunderstand me, Ser Theromore. Speaking as someone who has been raped many times over the last ten years, I can assure you that Ser Benjen deserves whatever justice the Gods or man can deliver upon him... if he is guilty."
Nathan paused for a moment, his sapphire blue eyes holding Theremore's as he allowed that statement sank in.

"
However, I have also seen too many a man undeservedly destroyed by the designs of manipulative women, vengeful Fathers, or political intrigues to take anything as face value."

"
Lord Dunstan is a good an honorable man, but we both know he is not equipped to handle an investigation of this nature. I mean no insult. I like his Lordship very much. However I am not blind to his strengths or his weaknesses. His naivete will mean he will rely on the council of others. You have obviously made your own mind up in this matter. Tell me why, plainly. You say you do not mince words, but up till now you have only spoken to inflame the emotions with things like honor, justice, despicable acts, and the girls trauma. I have not, as yet, heard a single word of proof."

[OOC: Having read the other threads, It is probably likely Ser Benjen is guilty of rape, but Nathan does not have the benefit of this knowledge and would only have heard rumours about the situation. I also don't recall any proof besides some reasonably unreliable testimony.

Remember that Nathan is in love with Ser Jon, so while he would want Ser Benjen to meet a well deserved end if he is guilty, he is loathe to allow Jon to be drawn into what may be a political hornets nest, and certainly would make every attempt to prevent Jon from risking his life just on rumour, hearsay or unreliable testimony.

Nathan could be your strong ally in this, but he would need more than Theomore's conviction and charm.]
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:16 pm

"
It always turns into politics, master Nathan."
Theomore agrees with that point at least. "
And pray forgive me if I pretend not to have heard your assessment of Lord Dunstan."
Not an assessment he disagreed with, sadly, but truth is truth. "
But in this, I could not sway him from the opinion I just shared even if I so attempted. So I do my part in gathering accounts and statements as Lord Tully commanded."

"
I am convinced of Ser Benjen's guilt in this, from the accounts at the inn, Ser Benjen followed her after her shift was over, she went into the barn, with Ser Benjen coming shortly after according to Ser Kyle Crakehall, and then he heard screams. And the girl's account is not the words of one falsely accusing Ser Benjen or merely regretting giving in to his advances."

"
I myself was at the inn, at the same table as he, though I left while the night was young. In hindsight, I do remember him casting hungry gazes after her, I might even have encouraged his action with such talk as men engage in when having had enough drink to cloud their judgements, and he certainly was deep in his cups."
Again, the sadness at his role in all of this does knock, if fainter and fainter for each passing time. "
She did not show him any signs of encouragement on her own, this much I know, for I do have an eye for that sort of thing."

"
The sad truth is that if there is someone besides Ser Benjen that has any blame in this."
Theomore's voice trails off for a moment, it was the truth, in it's way, the sort that provided solid ground to build one's lies upon, and also, the sad truth he didn't quite manage to shake off. "
It would probably be me."

"
Of course, the actions of Lady Sofia turned this affair into politics. The Blackwoods were about to secure the twins behind them for the next time their feud with the Brackens leads to the spilling of blood once more, and at volatile times as these...there will be a trial, and Ser Benjen is likely to trust his swordarm over which way the accounts brought before Lord Tully will tip his scales."

"
And when Ser Benjen struck her, he provided much reason for a Blackwood to step forward when a champion is called for. And since the Freys might think that the Blackwoods forced the trial upon them, that could lead to all sorts of things nobody needs."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:09 am

Nathan stands and moves to pour himself a tea, obviously deep in thought.

"
I think Jon's suggestion is actually a very good one."

"
If you repeat what I am about to say, Ser Theromore, I will deny it, as I have no proof."
says the young man with gravity. "
If Ser Benjen is a rapist he is not alone. I have credible information that Lord Ser Haig Bracken has also forced his attentions on serving girls. Perhaps justice might be served by pitting one evil against another. It may be that neither man is guilty of rape, but both are certainly guilty of many other things over the years."

"
If Lord Bracken were to stand as champion for Lord Tully and the King's justice, nothing could possibly be said of the Blackwoods. The history of the two families is well known, so there couldn't be even the appearance of collusion. If he could be persuaded to meet Ser Benjen in a trial by combat, perhaps some justice could be met out on one or both."

"
I don't know how difficult that would be. Perhaps Lord Bracken would think it a plot of the Blackwoods. Perhaps he would relish crossing swords with a man of Ser Benjen's reputation. However he is a man of great arrogance, greed and bloodlust. Enticing him into this should be possible, and one alleged rapist fighting another in a battle of honour does have a perverse ironic appeal."

"
You need not try and convince him alone. Ser Fendrel and Lord Bracken are close friends. If you were to pledge your support to him, he would likely aid you in this... and he can be very convincing."
This was obviously counter to Nathan's own political interests, but the young man seemed to have no reservation in suggesting it.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:43 pm

Theomore takes in every word Nathan says, the boy had talent, no doubt about that. "
It almost sounds worth a try"
Theomore has to give him that. "
But I cannot offer Ser Fendrel support in a matter where my Lord nephew has taken a different stance, house Tullison cannot speak with two tongues."

Still, worth a try.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:54 pm

"
Why not?"
replied Nathan blandly. "
Every other House does."

"
Still, I can understand you would not wish to create a rift between yourself and your Lord."

"
If you do not wish to give Fendrel your personal support, you might offer the support of another, or you might offer to quietly assist Ser Fendrel in his mission. Or you might offer him coin. The Gods know he needs it considering how fast he is spending it. Use your imagination Ser Theomore. Fendrel is not the type of man who will budge an inch without perceived advantage, either now or in the future. If you want to put his silver tongue and friendship to Lord Bracken to work for you, you will have to offer him something, and what Ser Fendrel wants more than anything else is to be Lord of House Bartheld."

"
Everything in life has a price, Ser Theomore. The only question becomes how much of a price you want Ser Benjen to pay and what price you are willing to pay to see that he does."

Nathan smiles. "
You might offer to take care of me. He might believe it given our long acquaintanceship. I am one thorn I am sure he would dearly like to pull from his side."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:34 pm

"
Oh, I am aware."
Theomore is indeed, but as always, things are never so simple as one would like them to be.

"
However, to punish Ser Benjen for what he did, Ser Tyron may well suffice."
And hope he can best the Furious Frey, the Beast is stronger, but not as capable on horseback. "
The question then becomes the value of avoiding a clash between Frey and Blackwood"

"
The price of Lord Haig may be rather steep if it's Ser Fendrel's dues to be paid. But there are other ways to get to both. And other alternatives to Lord Haig besides. A man is in trouble should he find himself with only one option."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:18 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:"
Oh, I am aware."
Theomore is indeed, but as always, things are never so simple as one would like them to be.

"
However, to punish Ser Benjen for what he did, Ser Tyron may well suffice."
And hope he can best the Furious Frey, the Beast is stronger, but not as capable on horseback. "
The question then becomes the value of avoiding a clash between Frey and Blackwood"

"
The price of Lord Haig may be rather steep if it's Ser Fendrel's dues to be paid. But there are other ways to get to both. And other alternatives to Lord Haig besides. A man is in trouble should he find himself with only one option."

Ser Jon shakes his head.

"
I would not put too much faith in horsemanship Ser. Ser Benjen knows his strengths and is not above killing a man's horse in a matter of life and death."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:42 pm

"
An interesting tactical choice for sure."
Theomore nods "
Though it may be less fortuitous for Ser Benjen against a skilled jouster, I myself would employ the tactics of the tilt against him, might be he kills my horse, but I trust my ability to avoid getting trapped under it."

"
And joust or duel, staying in one's saddle is no easier, so there we are, I on foot, yes, and I lost my horse, but I am unharmed, whereas he lies face down in the mud, with the full brunt of a lance brought to bear against him, and the fall too."
Theomore offers a vicious smile "
I do hope you won't tell him this..."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next