Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Discussion

+18
Jon Templeton
Daveth Coldbrook
Aerion Storm
Luecian LongBow
Ereth Redwain
Ser Jorah Holt
Ser Walton Dulver
Darron Greyjoy
Ser Alfred Haigh
Benedict Marsten
Loreia
Gwyneth Drakeson
Reader
Theomore Tullison
Septon Arlyn
Nathaniel Mason
Davain Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld
22 posters

Page 21 of 41 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 41  Next

Go down

Game Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: Game Discussion

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:57 pm

Also, I think we really do need some NPC reactions in the Mushroom thread....like now.

Because I think it's getting a tad ridiculous with all these words being thrown around with Forrest not saying anything.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:03 pm

Hee hee. What can I say? I'm a whiner. I love a good wine with my bread and cheese.
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:08 pm

If you've got Lustful as a drawback and given roleplay choices, I think the answer is pretty clear.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:09 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:Also, I think we really do need some NPC reactions in the Mushroom thread....like now.

Because I think it's getting a tad ridiculous with all these words being thrown around with Forrest not saying anything.

Wrong tone. Official warning. Three strikes and you're out. Strikes will reset due to the narrator's capricious whims. Wink

As noted previously, yesterday was the soft launch for story 3. Be patient, and if you can't be patient, be wise enough to be silent.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:31 pm

Well, you could convince Floreta to be okay with it in intrigue, and thus wouldn't be breaking your word. Roll high...
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:37 pm

Reader wrote:If you've got Lustful as a drawback and given roleplay choices, I think the answer is pretty clear.
Which is why Baelon wasn't going to be going, no matter what the mechanics were.

Well, maybe if his costume had included literally being leashed to Gwyn... but then that would interfere with Gwyn's activities. Besides, Baelon's got somewhere more interesting to be. For some definition of 'interesting', at least...
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:23 pm

Yeah, with the current wording, I'm pretty sure Theo is the active person in the lie, so I think a Deception roll would probably be appropriate. You'd probably pass anyway, but I don't think we should get into the habit of not rolling stuff.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:41 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:Yeah, with the current wording, I'm pretty sure Theo is the active person in the lie, so I think a Deception roll would probably be appropriate. You'd probably pass anyway, but I don't think we should get into the habit of not rolling stuff.
But that would OOC give away when people are IC lying about things! We can't have that! Rolling Eyes
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:46 pm

I've avoided an awful lot of deceit rolls, but only when it's been to basically give up on the roll, and make it clear Aerion's lying without even bothering to try.

"This red scarf? I, uh, I found it at a thrift shop! Aye, verily, I popped some tags, m'lady, and bought it for naught but two copper!"
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:49 pm

Aerion Storm wrote:I've avoided an awful lot of deceit rolls, but only when it's been to basically give up on the roll, and make it clear Aerion's lying without even bothering to try.  

"This red scarf?  I, uh, I found it at a thrift shop!  Aye, verily, I popped some tags, m'lady, and bought it for naught but two copper!"

That kind of thing is fine and amusing. Smile

Happy for people to call me in to adjudicate, but you've all generally been pretty sensible so far.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:57 pm

Aerion Storm wrote:I've avoided an awful lot of deceit rolls, but only when it's been to basically give up on the roll, and make it clear Aerion's lying without even bothering to try.  

"This red scarf?  I, uh, I found it at a thrift shop!  Aye, verily, I popped some tags, m'lady, and bought it for naught but two copper!"

It's lucky Nathan doesn't know about it. He'd give about a dozen red scarves out to various people as gifts. Twisted Evil
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:02 pm

Nathaniel Mason wrote:

It's lucky Nathan doesn't know about it.  He'd give about a dozen red scarves out to various people as gifts.  Twisted Evil
If you gave out more than that, we could be in business. Between the color of the silk scarves, and how deeply red Corrine's face would be all the time, we could almost start our own rival Green/Black faction.

"The Reds! They don't care who takes the throne, they just like romance and parties and stuff!"
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:10 pm

Aerion Storm wrote:
Nathaniel Mason wrote:

It's lucky Nathan doesn't know about it.  He'd give about a dozen red scarves out to various people as gifts.  Twisted Evil
If you gave out more than that, we could be in business.  Between the color of the silk scarves, and how deeply red Corrine's face would be all the time, we could almost start our own rival Green/Black faction.  

"The Reds!  They don't care who takes the throne, they just like romance and parties and stuff!"

Corrine is already her own faction. Blues! They just want everyone to be kind and do as Corrine tells them! Laughing
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:13 pm

Aerion Storm wrote:"The Reds!  They don't care who takes the throne, they just like romance and parties and stuff!"

You give me such evil ideas.

Have a unit of red scarved Knights.

<somewhere in the Stepstones>

"The Red Scarves are engaging the enemy, my Lord."

"Umm... what are they doing... that doesn't look like battle."

"... ... ... it's not, my Lord.... ... ... but they do look like they're winning."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:15 pm

Nathaniel Mason wrote:
Aerion Storm wrote:"The Reds!  They don't care who takes the throne, they just like romance and parties and stuff!"

You give me such evil ideas.  

Have a unit of red scarved Knights.

<somewhere in the Stepstones>

"The Red Scarves are engaging the enemy, my Lord."

"Umm... what are they doing... that doesn't look like battle."

"... ... ... it's not, my Lord.... ... ... but they do look like they're winning."

Best post today. Laughing

I'm surprised Nathan doesn't know about the red scarf. Was it the Awareness roll that flubbed you?
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:20 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:

I'm surprised Nathan doesn't know about the red scarf. Was it the Awareness roll that flubbed you?

My awareness for the event was 8. And with my drinking penalty to Awareness I can't roll higher then a 12 in unmasking anyway. Basically, at that event, if you wanted to unmask you stayed sober, if you wanted to schmooze and join in the fun, you got drunk. Nathan got drunk.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:21 pm

Nathaniel Mason wrote:

My awareness for the event was 8.  And with my drinking penalty to Awareness I can't roll higher then a 12 in unmasking anyway.  Basically, at that event, if you wanted to unmask you stayed sober, if you wanted to schmooze and join in the fun, you got drunk.  Nathan got drunk.

Fair enough. Smile
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:29 pm

I am really a huge fanboy for toggle switch modifiers.

You can do A or B. A gives you a +1D/-1D to something. B gives you the reverse.

Promotes player choice and gives benefits/consequences for that choice.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:32 pm

Nathaniel Mason wrote:I am really a huge fanboy for toggle switch modifiers.

You can do A or B.  A gives you a +1D/-1D to something.  B gives you the reverse.

Promotes player choice and gives benefits/consequences for that choice.

It is an interesting way to create balance and variety. Though, my bonus to Awareness has largely gone unused, as I'm intending to do info gathering and politicking. Twisted Evil
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:10 am

It is an interesting way to create balance and variety. Though, my bonus to Awareness has largely gone unused, as I'm intending to do info gathering and politicking. Twisted Evil

Awareness is an option for Info Gathering, although perhaps you have better options even with the +1D.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:10 am

Nathaniel Mason wrote:

Awareness is an option for Info Gathering, although perhaps you have better options even with the +1D.

Yeah, my Persuasion is still better. I'm now imagining Corrine doing a sorr of Kaa hypnotic ete thing and singing 'Trust In Me'. Laughing
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:21 am

I really like how everyone in the Mushroom thread is responding with variance to my outburst, not just pouncing all at once on the faux pas to mitigate damage. One's doing that, others are staying on the sidelines, one's come forward to defend his liege lord's honor (saving face for Theo, who is just enjoying this), while Corrine has stepped aside to speak with Nathan about what he's done and cleverly given additional credit to him, to which Nathan is just like, "yep, that was me too."

Intentionally dilating time on my part and staying quiet until NC reactions are added.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:36 am

Loreia wrote:... while Corrine has stepped aside to speak with Nathan about what he's done and cleverly given additional credit to him, to which Nathan is just like, "yep, that was me too."

I am confused. Nathan clearly said:

Nathaniel Mason wrote:"To be honest, I do not know what Loreia was thinking. Her words go far beyond a few subtle taunts, and as a Knight her words are taken far more seriously than that of a whore."

Certainly Nathan was requested to stir up trouble, but he's not taking any credit (or blame) for Loreia. That was a bit of a thunderbolt out of the blue.

Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:14 am

Oh, right. I guess that was just me then. I am surprised, though. I though me being there to witness Lord Frey badgering Ser Eoric was something Nathan could have planned for. It does seem a bit convenient, although I guess Nathan intended to open up the cracks in the faction to make them visible to address, not blow them wide open.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:58 am

Cracking the door open was (at least part of) his purpose, not blasting the door off it's hinges.

Still, it was a spectacular blast.    Laughing
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 41 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 41  Next