Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Discussion

+18
Jon Templeton
Daveth Coldbrook
Aerion Storm
Luecian LongBow
Ereth Redwain
Ser Jorah Holt
Ser Walton Dulver
Darron Greyjoy
Ser Alfred Haigh
Benedict Marsten
Loreia
Gwyneth Drakeson
Reader
Theomore Tullison
Septon Arlyn
Nathaniel Mason
Davain Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld
22 posters

Page 22 of 41 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 41  Next

Go down

Game Discussion - Page 22 Empty Re: Game Discussion

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:09 am

I wouldn't say Theomore is enjoying that situation.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:39 pm

The only reason I haven't already been trying to mitigate the damage is because I'm waiting on a green light from Reader.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:09 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:The only reason I haven't already been trying to mitigate the damage is because I'm waiting on a green light from Reader.

Of course, we are not considering that there may be no damage to mitigate. We do not know how Lord Frey is going to react.

We seem to be forgetting this is an event thread. Nathan put Ser Eoric firmly in the cross-hairs of Lord Frey and has (quite good) event rolls to back it up.

As inflammatory as Loreia's remarks were narratively, her remarks were not backed up by event rolls.

Lord Frey's could just brush off her remarks, "No-one said anything about the Riverrun Tourney, Shieldmaiden, and if you are correct that Ser Eoric had nothing to do with those events, does that not further prove he has never had much to do with anything of any import."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:21 pm

I imagine that words uttered in an event thread carries the same consequence as if it wasn't an event thread.

I'd like to see NPC responses from Forrest and maybe others to things that some PC's said there before we go overboard with every PC jumping onto big discussion though.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:25 pm

I am still composing Corrine's speechifying anyway, so it's not going up today. And it may be that nobody listens. I think it may be an idea to pause briefly, just to give Reader a chance to give a response for Lord Frey, but I'm not going to be cross with people for not doing that.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:32 pm

Yeah, I like the idea of giving Reader a chance to catch up. It can't be easy to parse out the various RPs to react to, as well as determine game effects from all the rolls that immediately preceded said RP, and come out with a result from the NPCs. Lets take a collective breath and see what happens next, I say.
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:40 pm

Well said Gwyn. Wink

Working through it post by post now.

I'll live post some highlights!

Loreia wrote:"'Ser' Loreia, I hear you like to twirl in a skirt at court as much as you twirl that shiny blade! Pray tell, do you like to twirl your tongue? Will you show me?" He leans in on his toes, puckering in comedic fashion.

Loreia's fist slowly clenches, then her fingers uncurl, and she calmly replies, "Away from me halfwit, or I'll kiss you with something sharper than a tongue."

Mushroom bids farewell - Will(Ded), Persuasion: 6d6k4 12 2d6 6
Will, pass; Persuasion, fail

Enjoyed this, economy of posting. Short but high impact. Like Mushroom himself. WAHEY!
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:46 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:I imagine that words uttered in an event thread carries the same consequence as if it wasn't an event thread.

I am going to firmly disagree with you on this, Theomore. Rolls matter. You can insult whoever you like, but in the case of NPCs, unless you have the Persuasion/Deception rolls to back them up they do not necessarily gain purchase. (ie, exceed the NPC's Intrigue Defense).

Perhaps Reader will give Loreia a non-event Persuasion (Taunt) roll to back up her words, but he does not have to, and we do not know if she will roll sufficiently if he does.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:56 pm

I must use a red scarf for the battle of Wyl, and name a unit after it also.
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:01 pm

Nathan wrote:Perhaps Reader will give Loreia a non-event Persuasion (Taunt) roll to back up her words, but he does not have to, and we do not know if she will roll sufficiently if he does.

I wouldn't mind, and I think I want to. The way she's reprimanding him, I think it's required to help determine how he'll react.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:07 pm

Loreia wrote:
Nathan wrote:Perhaps Reader will give Loreia a non-event Persuasion (Taunt) roll to back up her words, but he does not have to, and we do not know if she will roll sufficiently if he does.

I wouldn't mind, and I think I want to. The way she's reprimanding him, I think it's required to help determine how he'll react.

I think you have the right of it.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:19 pm

Some words will have an effect no matter what you roll.

If you announce in public that the Princess's children are Strongs, you'll lose your tongue, taunt/incite rolls be damned. Some NPCs will react similarly in Mushroom's thread (which has exceeded his expectations!).

I've set a hard deadline of Friday the 9th for that thread so I can check the highest scores and steer NPC reactions further based on both mechanics and what PCs have said.

Loreia has already earned herself a challenge, but Ser Lorent and Ser Eoric's reactions will depend on where the rolls settle out. Similar for the extent of the rivalry people are trying to fuel between Lord Frey and Ser Eoric, and Lord Drakeson's attempt to quell this.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:21 pm

Reader wrote: Some NPCs will react similarly in Mushroom's thread (which has exceeded his expectations!).

You're Welcome. Very Happy
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:23 pm

Have you come to a verdict on whether I can apply my extant rolls to the speech I'm writing to try and reason with the Blacks? Do I roll new Persuasion (Convince)? Or must it be purely non-mechanical. My personal feeling is the first or second one, as the rolls haven't directly affected anything and I only wrote a vague rp because nothing had happened at that point.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:27 pm

Splendid work Master Mason. Let's see if you can top your Story 1 sabotage by advancing by Timeline two years and causing King Viserys to have a heart attack when his bannermen have a brawl in King's Landing, plunging the Realm in to civil war instead of unifying it.

Really looking forward to seeing where the rolls settle out. The narrator perhaps shouldn't cheer on certain set of rolls, but I'm hoping for Lord Drakeson to have to try to manage a rivalry between two of his friends. It would be an enjoyable organic story.

Kevan convincing Ser Lorent to stay his hand, Jorah attempting to antagonise Lord Frey (as with Loreia, IC repurcussions whatever the rolls) this is rich with organic story-telling potential.

Both Drakesons failing the will roll is icing on my cake. Rivalries are fun!
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:29 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:Have you come to a verdict on whether I can apply my extant rolls to the speech I'm writing to try and reason with the Blacks? Do I roll new Persuasion (Convince)? Or must it be purely non-mechanical. My personal feeling is the first or second one, as the rolls haven't directly affected anything and I only wrote a vague rp because nothing had happened at that point.

Post speech with rolls and I'll factor it in alongside Lord Drakeson's efforts but nobody take the timeline beyond my latest post in the main thread please. Smile

Persuasion (Convince) seems right. Seducing everyone in to calming down boggles the mind.

Charm can be attempted but it's not as effective narratively.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:33 pm

Reader wrote:
Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:Have you come to a verdict on whether I can apply my extant rolls to the speech I'm writing to try and reason with the Blacks? Do I roll new Persuasion (Convince)? Or must it be purely non-mechanical. My personal feeling is the first or second one, as the rolls haven't directly affected anything and I only wrote a vague rp because nothing had happened at that point.

Post speech with rolls and I'll factor it in alongside Lord Drakeson's efforts but nobody take the timeline beyond my latest post in the main thread please. Smile

Persuasion (Convince) seems right. Seducing everyone in to calming down boggles the mind.

Charm can be attempted but it's not as effective narratively.

That's fine. I did stick in a placeholder a good few posts back to indicate where Corrine starts to speak. As hilarious as seduce might be, it wouldn't fit. She's angry with the Black faction and wants to get them to check themselves before they wreck themselves, so to speak, so Convince is closest.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:38 pm

Hooray for rolling the right ability.

Boo for not scandalising the realm with the Marsten Foxtrot, the forbidden dance of peace and kick starting Westeros's free-love movement. Another missed opportunity in my chronicle.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:47 pm

Reader wrote:Hooray for rolling the right ability.

Boo for not scandalising the realm with the Marsten Foxtrot, the forbidden dance of peace and kick starting Westeros's free-love movement. Another missed opportunity in my chronicle.

Marsten Foxtrot, the forbidden dance of peace - Laughing

Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:54 pm

Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:55 pm

Peace is forbidden!

Do you need/want a roll from me as well, Reader? The initial roll for the event was not explicitly one to influence this particular situation...but I'm fine either way.
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:59 pm

Nathaniel Mason wrote:I prefer the mambo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0omLX59m3gA

We know, darling. Wink

Ben & Corrine are more tango people:

Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:01 pm

Oops. It appears I have a tendency to confuse level of kinship between people. I thought Benjen was the only heir of the current Lord Frey, or at least it was back in 124 AL?
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:03 pm

I thought Lord Frey didn't have children, on account of his wife being a lesbian.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:04 pm

Gwyneth Drakeson wrote:Peace is forbidden!

Do you need/want a roll from me as well, Reader? The initial roll for the event was not explicitly one to influence this particular situation...but I'm fine either way.

I'll decide that kind of thing on Friday night/Saturday morning, depending on which rolls are at the top of the table.

Loreia - Benjen is supposed to be Lord Frey's cousin, but not inconceivable I screwed up at some point early on. As a cousin, Benjen was a potential heir to the Towers, but is not Lord Frey's son, if that makes sense.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 41 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 41  Next