Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 2, Early-Late Afternoon]The Other Hunt Begins (Closed)

2 posters

Go down

[Day 2, Early-Late Afternoon]The Other Hunt Begins (Closed) Empty [Day 2, Early-Late Afternoon]The Other Hunt Begins (Closed)

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:27 pm

(OOC: As could be expected for something that takes place over 6 hours, this doesn't all take place in the kitchen. In fact, it takes place all over. I'm placing it all here for the sake of putting it *somewhere*.)

Well, this is it, I suppose. No going craven, now. Daveth checks over his disguise. He's wearing rather baggy attire, plainer than usual, with extra padding tied beneath it to make him look rotund, while wearing alternative clothes hidden beneath in case he needed to change appearance in a hurry. He's stuck on a bit extra facial hair, and altered his hair a bit. Nothing massively different from normal, but combined, they hopefully did enough to, if not hide that he *was* a noble, at least conceal which one. His guard, a fellow named Pietr, was chosen for his plain looks, and aside from leaving behind any identifying insignia, was relying on that for concealment. He knew what this was about, and supported it. Joren's death still cut deep for many. Pietr knew not to use Daveth's name while they were here, instead, if he absolutely had to use one, to use the name 'Javik'. That covered all the situations Daveth could come up with. Gods. I'm so not suited for this.

[url=Daveth's Disguise][/url]: 3d6+2 13

Daveth spent time looking like he belonged so no-one questioned him while observing the flow of people. Servants in the kitchen, waitresses in the bar, labourers in the streets, attempting to identify centres of information. People in the know, willing to share what they knew and heard about a blond Tullyson knight in his early 30s, with or without identifying insignia. It was slow, tiring work, but there were no short-cuts.

[url=Streetwise to find informants (vs 12)][/url]: 4d6 17 2DoS (OOC: Yes! All is forgiven, Orokos. You do love me after all. Very Happy )

And once you've identified the right people, those who know about your target, but have no special loyalty to the individual in question, all it really is is a question of price. And letting them know that I'll probably return later, with more coin available then, if they stay alert for word. And remain discreet about the matter.

[url=Persuasion vs informants][/url]: 4d6 10 (OOC: *Shakes fist at sky* OROKOOOOOOSSS!!! You tease!)

And so, Daveth spends his time, while nobler souls hunt for game, hunting the rumours following the activities of the man who murdered his younger brother, hoping to find some clue as to the knight's next target, before he strikes again.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

[Day 2, Early-Late Afternoon]The Other Hunt Begins (Closed) Empty Re: [Day 2, Early-Late Afternoon]The Other Hunt Begins (Clos

Post by Reader Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:00 pm

[OOC: reply going in personal forum]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[Day 2, Early-Late Afternoon]The Other Hunt Begins (Closed) Empty Re: [Day 2, Early-Late Afternoon]The Other Hunt Begins (Clos

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:06 pm

After many hours of work, chasing down leads, and talking to more people than normally lived in Castle Grenward, Daveth realised he had to go back if he wanted to be in time to be the house's herald.

They took a circuitous route back to the Coldbrook camp, taking short-cuts, long-cuts, doubling back, and at one point, losing the outer layer of clothing just after turning a corner, and stuffing it and the padding into a bag.

Well. Not entirely successful, but not a complete failure, either. Maybe I'm better at this kind of thing than I thought.

Is that a good thing?
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:24 am

A weighty question, and a noble sentiment.

He who fights with monsters must be careful indeed, if indeed it is even a monster he fights with....

/scene
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[Day 2, Early-Late Afternoon]The Other Hunt Begins (Closed) Empty Re: [Day 2, Early-Late Afternoon]The Other Hunt Begins (Closed)

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down