Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D4:EE] A Drink Amongst Knights (closed)

2 posters

Go down

[D4:EE] A Drink Amongst Knights (closed) Empty [D4:EE] A Drink Amongst Knights (closed)

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat May 09, 2015 11:30 pm

Baelon lingers briefly outside the Great Hall, hearing the singing contest begin.
It's for the better. I'd have embarrassed us and besides, her heart belongs to another. Should that bother me so much? Or rather should it bother me so little? It would have been useful, perhaps...
He reaches into his doublet, feeling a piece of parchment there, a message he received earlier in the day.
... but that utility no longer seems necessary, and as lovely as Corrine is, my heart was never hers. Or was it? Would I even know what that felt like? Or am I so damaged that I'll never trust enough to know true love?
He straightens his doublet and walks away from the hall, just as a poorly sung renditions of... something began.
Good riddance - my fate, as I make it, will take me where it will, and for that I mustn't be tied down to the Vale.

He departs the castle and returns to his erstwhile home, the Marsten encampment.
He has a meeting to keep, with one he had not expected to seek out prior to a 'chance' encounter in the joust: Ser Eoric Tully.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

[D4:EE] A Drink Amongst Knights (closed) Empty Re: [D4:EE] A Drink Amongst Knights (closed)

Post by Reader Sun May 10, 2015 11:17 am

Ser Eoric Tully approaches, a strong looking man even out of his armour. He worse a dark grey cloak rather than Tully blue, but when he lowered his hood it was impossible to hide his lineage. Eoric's bright blue eyes and thick auburn hair make him the quintessential Tully heir, one has he has passed on to his son, Ser Dermot.

"
I am glad to be away from the castle - the singing ranges from superb to catastrophic, and I fear you gave him quite a headache in the lists."

He moves to shake Baelon's hand, to show that he means no harm by his jest.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D4:EE] A Drink Amongst Knights (closed) Empty Re: [D4:EE] A Drink Amongst Knights (closed)

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun May 10, 2015 3:25 pm

Baelon eagerly takes the other knight's hand in his own, smiling warmly.
"
I would apologize for the headache, Ser, but to be honest I'd do it again in a heartbeat."

The smile and the tone of his voice makes it clear that his statement is one of competitiveness, not malice.

He leads the Tully heir further into the encampment, to his own tent.
"
Would you care to step inside for more privacy, or sit out by the fire? I have procured some wine and some ale, though I suspect neither are as good as what you are used to."
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun May 10, 2015 4:24 pm

He accepts Baelon's words in the spirit they werre intended.

"
Let us drink inside. Even if grandmaester Orwyle is wrong and Spring is truly upon us, we're still likely to be blessed with rain. The Riverlands are green for a reason!"
No rain, and no prying eyes or eavesdroppers. Did tents even have eaves? He'd need to ask Maester Medrick...
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun May 10, 2015 4:53 pm

Baelon holds the tent flap for Ser Eoric.
"
Pardon the impromptu decorations..."

Along the back wall of the large tent are three armor stands - one holding Baelon's own splint, the others holding the armor of his defeated opponents - including Ser Eoric's own.
It is a larger tent than a typical soldier would have, but not so large as a proper lord's pavilion. That being said, it is furnished in a comfortable, though not expensive manner.
There is a single chair by a low table, and Baelon gestures to it.
"
Please have a seat, and help yourself to a drink."

On the table is a small keg of ale and a cask of wine, along with glasses and mugs.

Baelon settles himself on the floor, leaning against his camp cot and takes a mug of ale.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun May 10, 2015 8:10 pm

OOC to be clear, I was simply assuming that any ransoming would be handled later, not that he's keeping it all! I don't want Ser Eoric to react as though I had declined to ransom it, just that we hadn't negotiated it yet... and if it came up in this meeting I was just going to hand-wave it away as to be done later;
that's not the point of the conversation. :;
):
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun May 10, 2015 9:38 pm

"
I'll not hold it against a man for enjoying his hard earned victories. One of the squires should be along shortly with the coin. A fat Frey, taken in the name of friendship, but to my mind placed here to bankrupt us by eating us out of our winter stores. Spring can't come soon enough. Grandmaester Orwyle is wise, but I hope he's wrong on this occasion."

He moves to pour a glass of wine.

"
A fine host, I'll at least be able to drown the sorrows of defeat and dull my headache. I find wine does that better than ale, but Maester Medrick would no doubt tell me I'm being foolish."

He wearily deposits himself in the chair with a *thunk*.

"
I'd not normally be so rude as to take the sole chair, but I thank you for it after today's bout. You've deprived me of my seat once today, so we're even now."

[OOC: no fear, as noted elsewhere, ransoms are in offscreen territory, as Ser Eoric knows]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun May 10, 2015 10:09 pm

"
Please, lets not worry about formality. Let us simply be men here tonight, and not stand on formalities or seek devious political motives in each others actions and statements."

He takes a sip of his ale.
"
Though in truth politics was part of the reason I wished to speak with you. I was curious, Ser Eoric - you wore a black ribbon in the joust today, and I was wondering;
was that a bold political statement, or was that a favor from a lady oblivious of the significance others may read into it?"
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon May 11, 2015 11:52 am

"
My wife is a Paege and it is not long past her name day. None can dispute my wife's colours or question my devotion to her."

Ser Eoric has wit enough to make a statement with an air of plausible deniability about it.

"
But mayhap it is both a favour and a statement?"

House Tully's heir is suddenly more straightforward with Baelon.

"
I believe our match was no accident, and have to wish to be co-opted in to my father's allegiances."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon May 11, 2015 12:24 pm

House Paege... House Paege... eh, I'm sure it's something sable.

"
Your dedication to your lady wife does you credit."

Baelon says with a smile.

"
I suspect you are correct about our match, ser. I do understand the desire not to used as a pawn in the schemes of others."

Though I would not mind if my father thought of me more.
His thoughts drift to the folded scrap of parchment tucked into his doublet.

"
I suppose it speaks to the regard your father has for your skills;
having just handily defeated that Ironborn and having put on a respectable show at the pageant - or so the rumors say - your father no doubt felt you were up to the task of defeating me. In truth ser, you wielded your lance well and I cannot help but think that it was merely that luck, not superior skill, was on my side."

It does make me wonder how much else of this tourney has been fixed, though. If the tourney master is willing to accede to politics, what else might he tamper with the matches for?"
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue May 12, 2015 2:58 pm

"
You are right to be suspicious Ser Baelon. Ser Fredryk Vance, our master of arms is a talented swordsman and trainer but has flexible views on a knight's vows."

"
Happily, he is not half as clever or subtle as he thinks he is, and remains loyal to house Tully, albeit little else. I doubt he'd do anything to harm my father's position, but subject to that, nor will he miss an opportunity to line his own purse. It is no bad thing to have a foolish knave - better that than a more subtle man who you mistakenly believe honest."

"
I do not know my father's mind - he is fond of situations where he feels he cannot lose, as I belive you experienced in the trial by combat."

"
He knows my sympathies, and perhaps he thought either I defeat a prominent black, damaging the Princess's party and my links to them, or I am defeated, removing the risk of some grand statement on my part in the latter rounds?"

"
That is my best guess, but give me thirty minutes with this bottle of wine and I'll have a dozen more for you."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed May 13, 2015 4:46 am

"
You make compelling points."

He takes a drink of ale.
"
As for making grand statements, perhaps I can offer you another opportunity. I would be honored if you would fight beside me in the melee."

OOC: I'm making the assumption that it is general knowledge that Kevan and I will be leading teams?
Also, how big are the teams, and how are teams typically determined? Is recruitment like this allowable, or would fixing teams be considered cheating?
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed May 13, 2015 7:13 pm

"
I'd sooner fight with you than against you from what I've seen in your engagements today. You had the better of things with both sword and lance today."

[Awareness: 8 to get subtext]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu May 14, 2015 12:13 am

[url=Awareness/Ser Eoric][/url]: 3d6 13
IC reply pending results.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu May 14, 2015 12:32 pm

"
Excellent! I look forward to fighting alongside you."

Baelon mirrors Ser Eoric's subtext.

"
Now, let me pour you another glass of wine..."

OOC: /scene, unless Ser Eoric has more to say?
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu May 14, 2015 1:35 pm

Ser Eoric raises a toast as the two knights drink on.

/scene

[Ser Eoric moves to amiable, please mark this on your sheet]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu May 14, 2015 1:42 pm

OOC: He was already at Amiable.
[url=http:
//dragonsdance.
forumatic.
com/viewtopic.
php?p=12303#p12303:2zwt4nws]Subject: [D4 Joust Round 2] Ser Baelon Waters v Ser Eoric Tully[/url:2zwt4nws]
Reader wrote:[OOC: Baelon's chivalry shifts him to amiable, please mark this on your character sheet]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu May 14, 2015 1:57 pm

(OOC: friendly now then Smile )
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down