Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D1 ME] Time for a drink (open)

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[D1 ME] Time for a drink (open) Empty [D1 ME] Time for a drink (open)

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:01 pm

[This thread is open for everybody present in the taproom of the green door inn, hopefully somebody will join me for a bit of conversation]

It was only the first day of what looked to be a very long week, but Kevan was more than ready for a beer or three, when he finally returned to the Green Door Inn, where the Marsten delegation had made their camp. He entered the tap room and stepped to the bar to order. The bar was quite crowded, both with regular patrons as well as visitors who newly arrived due to the King's tribunal.

Kevan found himself a seat at the bar and enjoyed his beer, talking to various visitors about this and that

Fishing for rumours as per this thread: viewtopic.php?f=165&
t=1565#p40631

[url=Streetwise Check][/url]: 2d6 8

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

[D1 ME] Time for a drink (open) Empty Re: [D1 ME] Time for a drink (open)

Post by Dunstan Tullison Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:13 pm

Dunstan was staying at Raventree Hall, but enjoyed riding through the Riverlands too much to simply stay in one place. When he spotted familiar warm lights of what could only be an Inn, he nearly jumped of joy.

"
Well Alyn, we do have to visit. It's like Riverrun all over again"
he unmounted and handed the reins to the stable boy, tossing a copper in his general direction. Upon entering the Inn, he and Alyn both were glad to see a familiar face of Ser Kevan Lyras.

"
Ah, Ser Kevan! I see you waste no time. Care if we join you?"
he asks with a smile and extends his hand toward the knight.

[url=Knowledge (streetwise)][/url]: 3d6 11

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:30 pm

"
Lord Dunstan! Nice to see you. Sure, I'd be happy if you join me."
He shakes Dunstan's hand and points at the empty chairs next to him. "
Innkeeper, we need a couple more beers over here!"
He turns back to the knight: "
What do you think about all this? The Blackwood Bracken feud is quite a mess..."
shaking his head slightly.

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:40 pm

"
Thank you!"
Dunstan says and accepts the beer. After a hearty gulp he wipes his mouth and says

"
Truth be told, I do not know much yet. We only arrived today. It is important to settle all these petty struggles."
Dunstan says.

"
Oh, and congratulate on your wedding! Is all alright in Lyras lands?"

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:55 pm

Kevan takes a large gulp himself, before answering. "
Thank you. Sofia stayed at home, she is mourning the deaths in her family and returning home to Raventree Hall during this time would only have upset her even more I fear.."
he took another sip from the beer. "
Hopefully litte Robbin can cheer her up a bit"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:36 pm

As war wages on a few commodities become rare. The first to go are often easy smiles, and after a hard day the only place to find them are often at the bottom of a tankard. However, dark dreams comes through the tankards too, and for tonight, Yoren will settle on a good meal.
Entering the Green door inn he meets Dunstan and Kevan. He waves at them, before ordering his meal. This should give them enough time to settle private affairs he thinks to himself before settling down: "
So what are you two up to? Can a scurrilous lout like myself have a seat?"
He asks the two, with a smile on his face.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:12 pm

Kevan looks up from the conversation with Dunstan and sees the Ironborn waving. As Yoren makes his way over to them he gets up from his chair to greet him.
"
Hi Yoren, how are you doing? It seems like this decree by the crown also serves as a get-together for acquaintances made at the Tourney last year. Off course there is a place for you here, come sit with us."

As Yoren took a sit, Kevan lowers his voice a bit: "
How are things back home with Athelstan and your Lord Father?"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:42 pm

Athelstan arrives tired from looking at the ravages of war I guess it's different when you do all that yourself and don't look back, as opposed as to looking at others dirty work it was already a long afternoon and it took him the better of the early evening to find the Green Door Inn, and by the looks of it was a busy place already. Hoping some of the smell of death is not clinging to him, dismounting and giving a penny to the stable boy to take care of his horse as he secures a room inside and some decent food Yoren may sleep under Bracken roof, but I rather not risk problems, I'm sure familiar faces will be seen and something is bound to happen cleaning himself at best he can before entering "
Yoren, thought you... never mind?"
looking at the rest of the men he sits with, a flat tone replaces his former one and a small almost none existent nod "
Ser Kevan, Lord Dunstan"
approaching the Innkeeper and asking for a room to stay and taking a table for himself to eat I don't want to interrupt and best of all start something on the first day... unless of course they want to I will be more than glad to oblige a small sly smile crossing his face, as if remembering a good joke.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:16 pm

Yoren tells Kevan: "
They are back on the right track I feel, father is not getting younger, but then, no one expected him to. Athelstan is doing well for himself, his reputation is still tarnished, but I hope that in a few years time it will all be water under the bridge. People learn, people grow."

As Athelstan walks in Yoren waves at him: "
Come, have something to drink, did you do any good finds today?"
When Athelstan chooses another table Yoren looks a little hurt and walks over to talk to Athelstan, before returning, hoping that Athelstan will come too.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:42 pm

"
My presence makes some people feel uncomfortable, lord Yoren I meant not to disrespect or sour your table's mood, unless they say otherwise and truly do not mind it"
looking at lord Dunstan mostly and then Ser Kevan "
Yes, I spent all afternoon and have come with some interesting findings, but I believe I will return tomorrow, how was your day so far?"
Athelstan is aware lord Tullison is a Blackwood man, so will take care on what he speaks, and Ser Kevan may be a good man, but he is a Marsten dog, and they can't be trusted, they manipulate all to their benefit.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:55 pm

Kevan returns the bastard's nod with a very sligh nod himself. As he observes Yoren's reaction and he walks over to Athelstan, he frowns taking another gulp from the beer mug.
You can assure me that everything is well at House Longshore as many times as you want, but scenes like this indicate something else...

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:01 pm

Yoren smiles: "
Cut it with the lord, we're half brothers, not strangers. I'll ask them if they mind, and if not we can join them and talk of our experiences. As for my day I feel that the ceremony went great, and you did a good job too."
Smiling as he pats Athelstan on the shoulder he ends: "
I'll tell you my findings under a more private setting, it is not a subject fit for a tavern, many here may have lost someone."

When returning to Kevans table he says: "
Athelstan didn't want to intrude so he sat down another place. Would you mind him joining us? He is too courteous for his own good he is..."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:32 pm

"
If it was just ourselves I would have come in happy and sit and telly ou everything, but that place"
he shudders slightly "
Besides you are a lord and in front of others I should address you properly, but if you don't want me too, it's fine by me, I did it out of respect to you Yoren"
shaking his head "
So much damage in this lands I never thought it was that magnitude of a problem"
nodding to Yoren's words "
Later on, after all I'll be here in neutral ground, just got a room here so you can find me here almost any time, unless I'm working some place, hopefully not as... bad as the last one"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:05 am

Dunstan mostly sat idly as the half-brothers bickered.

When they finally paused, he asked

"
How do the Longshores view the situation here in the Riverlands? Did you happen to stumble anything interesting today?"

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:04 am

Yoren shrugs: "
All places seem the same, death and destruction no matter where you turn."

Yoren turns to Dunstan: "
I think we mostly agree that it's a mess, but a mess that has to be resolved, and resolved quickly at that. Both sides are probably hiding something, but our job should be to find peace, not point fingers at them."

Sighing he continues: "
I stumbled upon corpses. It will take weeks to clean up that mess. I think we will see much more carnage as we look around. Where did you head for the day?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:56 pm

Yes, a sad thing - what people do to each other over petty bickery. Where were those corpses? Any markings on them?

I've been around, not really up to anything. We just arrived and I spent most of the day just settling in.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:18 pm

"
Good mix of both. The Blackwoods seems to have attacked in a spur of the moment decision and they were beaten back.. The attack seems to have done much in increasing tension, as after this attack not even a flag of truce may be trusted."

Yoren shakes his head while adding: "
they're digging their own graves."

Done with his explanation he asks the other two: "
What first impression do the two of you have?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:22 pm

"
I am certain it may seem so. But think of it this way, why would they attack so suddenly? You know what they say about wounded animals, they are most dangerous when close to death. So, someone must have wounded them first.. And who else but their loving neighbors."
Dunstan says and takes a drink.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:13 pm

"
His parents got killed just before, I think we know where he got his motivations from. The next step is now to discover who did kill his parents, then we may backtrack further from there."

Turning to Kevan Yoren asks: "
Or what do you think? Wouldn't that be the best way to work, following the events, learning what we can."
Yoren smiles: "
You're the keeper of the gates after all."
Patting Kevan on the back he adds: "
Never got the time to congratulate you for that!"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:44 pm

"
We could all make excuses as to why each side reacted in some way if you favor such side, but as a neutral party that doesn't have anything invested with either Blackwoods and Brackens, I don't have the luxury to ignore the facts that if someone acted wrong regardless of the reason behind it, it's still I crime"
rubbing his eye, knowing full well that you are always subject to others "
measure"
of what is right or wrong "
I would know about it, after all"
a wolfish smile and a grin in his face, a villain owns his deeds, and that's what they see, that's what they'll get.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:55 pm

Kevan slightly raises one eyebrow at Athelstan's comment but does not give any reply. Instead he decides to get involved in Yoren and Dunstan's discussion.
"
Well, the murder is certainly a key piece of the whole mess, but it also depends on your personal goals. If you are looking to gain the crown's favor, you may want to concentrate on the mines as this seems to be one of their key concerns..."

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:15 pm

Yoren leaves Dunstan and Athelstan to settle their different opinions, only keeping an ear open in case Athelstan needs help.

"
The crown asked us to right wrongs, Westeros needs justice more than silver. We need farms, you can eat stags and dragons, but not the silver and gold types. Our job was justice, and justice they shall get. Afterwards we may find out who would administrate the mines the best. We all nees to agree that justice comes before wealth, then we may do our job to the best of our ability. We also need to adress some peoples alterior motives. First then may we do our job properly. I respect you too much to disguise that Longshores have alterior motives, so that needs oversight too."
He smiles before adding: "
I'm not going to do the priestly holier than thou act, we need to be put in our place too."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:20 pm

Raising an eye brow, of course nothing to do with favoring the Blackwoods yourself also, as well as lord Tullison, much work to be done if things are to be fair "
I might go there tomorrow then, I plan to review both houses claims evenly and fair, I don't want problems with either House or have ties to them either that would make my movements a bit more constrained or knowingly acting in one of their favor"
looking at Dunstan then nodding to Yoren's words "
Longshores have no motives to side to anyone in this conflict, so we are here to do what the King commands"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:32 am

"
Oh yes, the mines. From what I've heard plenty of places got hit hard. False Flag, village of Blackbuckle, entire Battle Valley - even the Sept. Reports are not comforting at all. I wish we could cover more places at once, this way it is hard to form an honest opinion."
Dunstan says, while trying to avoid confronting anyone.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:45 am

"
I may not worship the seven like you do, but no one should desecrate a holy place"
shakes his head "
Much less devastate a place to the point of it's complete destruction, there is just no point other than malice or worse"
he shudders for a moment "
Blackbuckle is for now a terrible sight, and I yet to see the rest..."

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next