Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 7, Early Afternoon] Swimming against fate

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

[Day 7, Early Afternoon] Swimming against fate - Page 3 Empty Re: [Day 7, Early Afternoon] Swimming against fate

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:50 pm

Daveth makes a kind of 'so-so' gesture. "
Partly. But if she'd stuck with the 'the lord must be martial' argument, I don't think I'd have lost it. That actually makes sense as an argument - it would be better if I were martial. I mean, I'd be disappointed, and probably a bit upset, but not really seriously angry. It's the hypocrisy of her appealing to blind tradition, combined with my own issues with how tradition treats bastards."
he sighs. "
Still, you're right. It should be easier tomorrow."

He snorts. "
To stay calm, anyway. Not sure the persuasion will be any easier. I just have to hope his advisers really do line up behind me as I hope they will when they see both you and Garret supporting me."
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

[Day 7, Early Afternoon] Swimming against fate - Page 3 Empty Re: [Day 7, Early Afternoon] Swimming against fate

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:11 pm

Jorah placed his hand firmly on Daveth's shoulder to console him.

"
You were upset because you thought she would understand and would support you. Your father you are expecting to oppose you. Hopefully, things will go well."
Jorah stopped and sighed. "
If things go badly tomorrow and it comes to it, I will fall on my sword metaphorically speaking. If he insists on garret being heir, then I cannot expect the man to trust me who agitated for the change to remain in position."

ooc

Sorry, I did post at the weekend, but I've realise a few posts have gone awol.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:00 pm

Daveth shakes his head. "
Only you and I know what we discussed in the library, and if the narrative we present is I persuaded you to support me, and that only after I'd convinced Garret to, then you're not guilty of anything my brother didn't do, in which case it would be foolish to demand that you fall on your sword."
Daveth's tone is calm and confident again, composure restored, now he's back into 'problem solver' mentality. "
If you feel an obligation to our house from what you've done, then don't repay it by depriving us of our only knight. The best way to repay it is to publicly excel, to make it easier to get our house's name associated with a member of the Kingsguard. Prestige is one area our house is sorely lacking, and that will help greatly, in a way that no-one else can."
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:35 pm

"
Daveth, I appreciate the thought, but my duty is to protect this family. That would include you from the reprecussions of this. I started you on this path and I would not let you stand alone.

However, that does not stop me thinking of ways to present this situation to your father. If I present Ser Lionel's armour and mention how you and Loreia joined me, helping to eliminate the threat to our house, then Garret stands up and announces that he does not wish to be heir and nominates you."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:38 pm

Daveth shakes his head. "
Presenting Ser Lionel's armour first is a good idea. But the heir argument has to come from me."
Daveth's tone is firm. "
The main reason my father and others would doubt me would be they'd view me as weak. Hiding behind my brother would only confirm their suspicions. This is *my* idea, and I have to own it. When you're done with your presentation, I will stand before my father, tell him that our uncertain inheritance weakens us diplomatically, and that we should make a final decision and spread the word that day, while we have the opportunity. And the decision should be me. I'll then clearly and succinctly make my case, Garret chips in supporting me, and we play it by ear from there."

He gives Ser Jorah a look. "
No mentioning that you pushed me into this - again, that makes me seem weak and malleable. If you have to say what happened, I asked you for your opinion on the matter, and you gave it. There's no fault in me seeking your wisdom, and no real fault in you giving your honest opinion, however much my father may not like what that opinion was."
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:36 pm

Jorah smiled, "
Good, you will need that strength to convince your father."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:08 pm

Daveth sighs and nods. "
Let us hope that is enough.

"
One last matter. And I ask that you trust me on this: do not get involved in the trial of Ser Benjen Frey. I know that you love justice, but you're injured, leave it to those more able-bodied. In a tourney like this, there will be someone else willing and able to see justice done."
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:47 pm

[OOC: thread made public]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3