Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 9, MM] Breakfast (Open to anybody within reason)

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

[Day 9, MM] Breakfast (Open to anybody within reason) - Page 3 Empty Re: [Day 9, MM] Breakfast (Open to anybody within reason)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:27 am

Benedict Marsten wrote:"
So if something transpired it would have probably been knowingly and willingly conspired. Hence gaining you multiple enemies and little reward if any for brining it to the light."

Ben tries to sound reassuring as he continues. "
Ser Theomore may have his ... discrepancies, but his accomplishments and loyalty to house Tullison out weigh them... to my knowledge."

Corrine folds her arms defensively, but looks downcast.

"
I am sorry. I suppose I made things unpleasant in there unnecessarily. I just... I just think that knights should live up to their oaths, be honourable and decent. It frustrates me that there are some who get away with dishonesty."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 9, MM] Breakfast (Open to anybody within reason) - Page 3 Empty Re: [Day 9, MM] Breakfast (Open to anybody within reason)

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:19 am

Ben winces at her defensive stance. He sighs at her thought on knights. His heart going out to his sheltered wife. He hated to he the one to shatter her storybook inspired view of knights.

"
My love, you will need to steel yourself. For Ser Theomore is so far still at the fair end of knights. There are many and more who do much worse. For instance Ser Benjen. For every true knight there are five false knights."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:26 am

Her eyes grew even sadder, her shoulders low in defeat.

"
That is even worse. I'm afraid I find it hard to understand. Why make an oath that one does not intend to keep?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:50 am

Ben puts his arm around her drawing her close.

"
It is disheartening I know. This coming from a tree-worshipper who pays lips service to the Seven. Some men seek the title "
Ser"
, some the wealth, some the power. The vows are only wind, a means to an end."

Ben cups her chin drawing her eyes to to his. "
Do not fret over much House Marsten contains many true knights. Ser Markus and Ser Kevan are two of the most honorable men I know."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:59 am

"
They are,"
she agrees, unfolding her arms to rest her hands on his chest. "
And I count you up there with them. You protect the innocent, and you try to do the right thing, as you have sworn to do. It wouldn't matter which Gods you said the words to. Deeds are what make a man. Or a woman, for that matter."

She sighs heavily.

"
I will leave Ser Theomore alone. I don't approve of his behaviour, but I realise now it would be wrong to sow conflict that would put you and Dunstan into an awkward position."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:45 pm

Her compliment and understanding bring him comfort and relief. The result of which comes out in a warm smile and loving gaze.

"
Know this, Love, should his games ever endanger anyone other then himself and willing conspiritors then you will have my complete support. I promise you."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:51 pm

Corrine nods slowly in acknowledgement.

"
Thank you."

[/leave?]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:26 pm

(/left)
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3