Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 9, MM] Breakfast (Open to anybody within reason)

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[Day 9, MM] Breakfast (Open to anybody within reason) - Page 2 Empty Re: [Day 9, MM] Breakfast (Open to anybody within reason)

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:36 pm

Theomore does not partake much in the smalltalk, while not exactly attacking the food, he does need to fill his belly..though when he is reasonably satisfied, he finds a suitable lull in conversation to bring up another subject of concern.

"
My lady Corrine, I apologize if my words during that dance were offensive, as that was not my intent."
while he does not give attention to anyone else in the tent, he does not seem to care if they listen in or decide to join. Quickly adding the context of the declaration before anyone deign to ask "
But I would advice that others are not made witnesses to such games as follows, even if it does seem to humor Mushroom greatly.."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

[Day 9, MM] Breakfast (Open to anybody within reason) - Page 2 Empty Re: [Day 9, MM] Breakfast (Open to anybody within reason)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:51 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:Theomore does not partake much in the smalltalk, while not exactly attacking the food, he does need to fill his belly..though when he is reasonably satisfied, he finds a suitable lull in conversation to bring up another subject of concern.

"
My lady Corrine, I apologize if my words during that dance were offensive, as that was not my intent."
while he does not give attention to anyone else in the tent, he does not seem to care if they listen in or decide to join. Quickly adding the context of the declaration before anyone deign to ask "
But I would advice that others are not made witnesses to such games as follows, even if it does seem to humor Mushroom greatly.."

Corrine gives Ser Theomore a blank look;

"
My apologies, Ser, but I know not what you mean. You have not offended me. Why do you think that?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:23 pm

"
Mushroom spoke certain words, my lady, ones known by just the two of us, and I did not share them with anyone else."
Theomore does not take her reply so sternly, mayhaps the lady simply thought it a witty remark? "
Which required me to offer a quick retort, less friendly than I would have hoped."

"
Perhaps I err on the side of caution, but words are like arrows, my lady, once let loose, they stop only when they hit something. And I have seen feuds rise from less."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:28 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:"
Mushroom spoke certain words, my lady, ones known by just the two of us, and I did not share them with anyone else."
Theomore does not take her reply so sternly, mayhaps the lady simply thought it a witty remark? "
Which required me to offer a quick retort, less friendly than I would have hoped."

"
Perhaps I err on the side of caution, but words are like arrows, my lady, once let loose, they stop only when they hit something. And I have seen feuds rise from less."

Theomore's words bring back vague recollection to Corrine;

"
Ah, Mushroom. The little man who has a go at everyone, in several senses of the word. Surely no-one takes him seriously? Did he barb you too harshly, Ser?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:26 pm

Ben raises an eyebrow curiously at the twos banter. Having missed the spectacle that was the champions feast, he was unaware. He had seen the two dance though.

He begins to open his mouth to speak, but closes it quickly. His uncertainty causing him to rethink intervening at this point.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:13 pm

"
Half of what Mushroom says, he makes up as he goes, the other half he exaggerates, my lady."
Theomore shrugs. "
But that also means that there is a grain of truth to half of his words, and people do so love gossip."

"
They might wonder if his allegations are true, or if he is simply spinning upon what they have seen. Such rumors I can live with, my lady. But if they start to take hold, the Freys might find the selection of suitors for lady Floreta less ample."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:02 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:"
Half of what Mushroom says, he makes up as he goes, the other half he exaggerates, my lady."
Theomore shrugs. "
But that also means that there is a grain of truth to half of his words, and people do so love gossip."

"
They might wonder if his allegations are true, or if he is simply spinning upon what they have seen. Such rumors I can live with, my lady. But if they start to take hold, the Freys might find the selection of suitors for lady Floreta less ample."

"
I perceived it as Mushroom simply repeating the rumors about yourself and Floreta from a few days before. Scarcely his most original jest. I am not a stranger to harsh rumours myself though, so I can empathise. I may speak with Floreta, to see if we can put paid to the gossip,"
Corrine replies, with a little shrug.

"
All I can suggest is that, if you are concerned about the marriage prospects of young ladies, perhaps you should take care to limit your interactions with them to public social venues in which the nature of your relations cannot be called into question. I would have thought a man of your years would already know that."

She smiles sweetly;

"
Or, perhaps, such potential problems could be assuaged by stepping up to the challenge of ending your extensive bachelorhood with a Frey bride at your side? I am sure Floreta would appreciate you seeing to your clear concern for her future by being part of it."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:38 pm

"
My lady need not trouble herself on my account, though the offer is most kind. I do not believe the consequences of this particular act to be worrisome, as you say, it is mostly harmless fun, and thus my own retort carries no further trouble down the line as I presume it is then taken in good spirits? "
He pauses, to give Corrine time to confirm or deny this with a nod or shake of her head. "
Though this may not be the case the next time the mention of a coin toss or other such point is made to encourage a jibe, even that which is thought harmless may hurt. My lady will likely learn that her words will be scrutinized quite heavily now, and she might thus find it advantageous to emulate the lady Isobel when in the presence of lords and ladies from other houses, and she is not known for her sense of humor."
Oh, well, enough glumness for one morning, Theomore flashes a wide smile. "
I would highly recommend embracing fun and enjoyment when you are surrounded by your own, my lady."

Well, enough about that, the matter of marriage was one needed to be broached sooner rather than later, and the lady did bring it up, no?

"
The thought of marriage have crossed my mind, my lady, and it would be a match worth consideration, though I believe it prudent to prioritize our resources into securing a marriage of higher importance than mine own. Which is why I will travel to meet Lord Lucas after events have concluded here. Maybe I will take the opportunity to visit the twins as well, such a detour can be measured in days at any rate."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:19 pm

Corrine waves a hand in dismissal, to indicate no offence was taken.

It was a weak jibe on your part anyway, Ser. Don't flatter yourself.

"
To be frank with you, Ser, if you are as open about your cheating with others as you were with me, I'd hardly be high atop the list of people to challenge you about it. That you get away with such flagrant behaviour is the true mystery."
Corrine shrugs. She then fixes Theomore with a more purposeful look.

"
If I may offer some advice, stop while you are ahead, and have all of your bits intact. You don't want to end up dead in a duel, or a lonely old man because you were too busy dallying in the garden to nurture the vine."

Like a certain faded war hero we knew.

"
And if you care for Floreta's honour as much as you claim, you will go directly to The Twins and take responsibility for the flower you plucked, as an honourable man should."

Last edited by 151 on Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:34 pm

Ben's eyes momentarily closed tight as he winced at Corrine's words. He pushes the plate of fried potatoes away. Having lost is appetite and now on edge.

Oh, love. Let this game go.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:07 pm

"
I do not actually cheat, my lady."
Theomore shrugs. "
I agreed to be honest with you, and like most everyone else my lady might have met in the great hall that evening, I usually omit saying that which is not to my benefit."

"
Though I can assure you that I am no worse than nine out of ten lords and ladies."

If perhaps, better at being bad...
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:56 pm

"
So, what do you call double-headed stags, if not cheating?"
Corrine asks, archly. "
That is what we generally call it when someone secretly manipulates a game to gain an unfair advantage."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:22 pm

"
I did award my lady a draw by letting her keep the stag as I recall."
Theomore doesn't seem to view that as cheating. "
Other uses includes letting a nephew and a niece of mine believe there was a chance I might be swayed to allow them something after their mother had said no....the lady Yve figured out the trick at an annoyingly young age."
He cheerily laments. "
And that was the end of the illusion of the uncle that might be less strict."
She also picked up on the easier to get forgiveness than permission scheme quite early, too. And he got the blame for that....

"
My lady ought to be assured that such flagrant behavior as she describes is not exactly a pursuit of notable frequency on my part."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:36 pm

"
Words are wind, Ser Theomore,"
Corrine replies, with a little snort of derision, but restrains herself from goading him further.

The Gods shall see to you eventually.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:59 pm

"
Wind can be quite troublesome for even the proudest of ships, my lady"
Theomore replies to that most annoying of phrases, hopefully the one coming up with it died a long and painful death. Had someone spread his poison into her ears? For their earlier encounter to spark such words...Best broach that topic in private, possibly with Ben first. But he needed to find the troublesome source first, preferably. Then again, if he had talked with the Marstens, then that might be what reveals him.

Or maybe you're just overthinking it, she may be the lady of her house, but still a girl, up until now sheltered and protected.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:23 pm

"
A man's whisper is no hurricane. Though it does seem to disturb certain delicate buds, leaving as soon as it's work is done,"
Corrine smirks.

"
You make a good point though. The right words in the right places on these matters could do a lot of good, I think,"
she adds breezily.

Like the Freys and Tullys.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:02 am

Ben gives Corrine a knowing looking, offering to give her an opening to remove herself from the frustrating and perilous conversation.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:25 am

Corrine catches the look, and takes one more mouthful of food before pushing the almost empty plate away.

"
Thank you for the lovely breakfast, my lord Dunstan. Please excuse me. I wish to take my leave. Some fresh air is needed."

Corrine stands to leave, briefly offering a curtsey to the others at the table, then makes her way out of the pavilion.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:56 am

Ben rises with Corrine, his plat already pushed away earlier. "
My Lord, I will take my leave. Good day and thank you for breakfast."

Ben bows to Dunstan not far from where he earlier had kneeled to offer his sword. Then he bids formal farewells to the other attendees. He exits the tent with an relieved but tension filled sigh.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:00 am

Benedict Marsten wrote:Ben rises with Corrine, his plat already pushed away earlier. "
My Lord, I will take my leave. Good day and thank you for breakfast."

Ben bows to Dunstan not far from where he earlier had kneeled to offer his sword. Then he bids formal farewells to the other attendees. He exits the tent with an relieved but tension filled sigh.

Corrine is a little ahead, but hears him catching up. She turns to face him;

"
Oh love, you didn't need to leave on my account. I'm sorry."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:46 pm

He approaches with an apprehensive smile. "
I could tell Ser Theomore's ... subtleties have disturbed you. I thought it best if you had company. Perhaps to ... talk with."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:28 pm

Benedict Marsten wrote:He approaches with an apprehensive smile. "
I could tell Ser Theomore's ... subtleties have disturbed you. I thought it best if you had company. Perhaps to ... talk with."

Corrine lets him catch up, then continues slowly walking away from the pavilion.

"
He was quite infuriating. Not only to all but admit dishonourable conduct, but to show no remorse,"
she replies, shaking her head incredulously.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:19 am

"
It did seem that way. I will admit if it is true it is not a honorable or virtuous act, but like he implied it takes two to commit the act, unless one is unwilling. He may be a sly fox, but I do not believe him a brute like Ser Benjen."
It is easy see Ben is still putting the pieces together in his head.

"
I just feel sorry for the Ladies who do not have your insight and awareness. They are the ones to suffer the most from something like this. Do you know the Frey girl? Does she seem ... gullible?"
He looks at Corrine thoughtfully.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:26 am

Benedict Marsten wrote:"
It did seem that way. I will admit if it is true it is not a honorable or virtuous act, but like he implied it takes two to commit the act, unless one is unwilling. He may be a sly fox, but I do not believe him a brute like Ser Benjen."
It is easy see Ben is still putting the pieces together in his head.

"
I just feel sorry for the Ladies who do not have your insight and awareness. They are the ones to suffer the most from something like this. Do you know the Frey girl? Does she seem ... gullible?"
He looks at Corrine thoughtfully.

"
I don't really know her, no. But I don't think she'd be so naïve as to not know how Benjen and her father would likely react if it was revealed she had allowed Ser Theomore to... well, you know."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:22 am

"
So if something transpired it would have probably been knowingly and willingly conspired. Hence gaining you multiple enemies and little reward if any for brining it to the light."

Ben tries to sound reassuring as he continues. "
Ser Theomore may have his ... discrepancies, but his accomplishments and loyalty to house Tullison out weigh them... to my knowledge."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next