Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back Home

+4
Yve Tullison
Theomore Tullison
Lady Corrine Marsten
Dunstan Tullison
8 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Back Home - Page 3 Empty Re: Back Home

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:38 am

"
It's alright. It was interesting,"
Aofie replies with a kind smile, stroking her hawk's tawny feathers.

"
Well you let it sit on the glove, like so,"
she began, putting on a heavy leather hawking glove, showing him how the hawk hopped onto the perch made by her hand from the little wicker cage Erryk held up.

"
They are good at getting their bearings quickly,"
she continues, taking a little morsel of meat from a leather pouch and feeding it to the hawk. "
But they learn best from the air."

She swung her hand upwards gently, and the hawk took off, soaring upwards and exploring the plain in wide, swooping arcs.

"
Once they learn the land, they'll start to hunt. Open ground is best, to reduce the temptation for them to just sit in a tree. They dive down when they are trying to catch something. If you see yours come back up with something, hold up your glove hand, and it should return to you. Then you let it eat it's prize."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:56 pm

"
When you say it it sounds pretty easy. I'll give it a try"
he says and takes the bird. A bit clumsy at first, he quickly gets a hold of it and releases the hawk into to the sky above the meadow.

"
So, Lady Aofie, tell me about yourself."
he says and looks to her eyes.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:21 pm

"
A big question, my lord,"
Aofie replies shyly. "
Erm... I have spent all of my life at Runestone. I am the youngest of my father's children. I was on my own a lot. Apart from my septa, I suppose. I read a lot. I like the histories, and heroic tales. I like riding, and my hawks. I can play the harp and sing too. When one doesn't have many people around, one finds other forms of occupation."

She looks away from Dunstan for a moment, to watch the hawks circling.

"
Is there anything else you would like to know in particular?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:58 am

"
Yes, and no. I do want to know more about you - but don't want to question you like we are at a trial."
Dunstan says.

"
I say let's ride and drink and watch at hawks fly. Sooner or later we'll get to know each other."
as soon as he finishes a sentence a hawk flies back and lands on his leather glove.

"
Who would say! I'm getting a hand of this. Even though he brought nothing. Another mouse live to tell another day."

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:20 am

Aofie grins, her green eyes shining happily;

"
Excellent first try, my lord! I think she likes you. And I am all in favour of a ride and a drink."

She held up her gloved hand, and her hawk spotted it a few moments later, and swooped down to rest on the glove, also empty-taloned.

"
They don't usually catch things first try anyway. Especially in new surroundings. Like people, they want to enjoy the view and stretch their limbs first. Shall we find somewhere to sit down and have a drink? I brought raspberries too."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:20 am

"
Great!"
Dunstan says and rides out toward the small. On it was a large old tree and from it a stunning view of the mountains could be seen. He dismounts and takes out a great big blanket which he places on the ground.

Guards awkwardly stand on the edges of the hill and stare into the distance like sheep. Dunstan lets his hawk fly around freely.

"
Do you like wine?"

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:45 pm

"
I do,"
Aofie replies cheerily, dismounting and removing her hawking glove. Her hawk lazily glides around, and eventually decides to rest in a tree.

Aofie opens one of her horse's saddle bags, and produces a small pouch of raspberries. She came over to the blanket and sat down, placing the open pouch down between them, so that it could be grazed from.

"
I don't drink it to excess, but I do enjoy it. I take it that, since you brought some, that you enjoy it too?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:36 am

"
Yes, I quite like the wine"
Dunstan says and sits back, watching the hawks circle in the sky.

"
It's good. World can be a confusing place, and I like it best when a group of friends sit around the table and drink wine. It seems simple then"

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:04 pm

"
Tell me about your friends,"
Aofie asks, reclining on the blanket, propped up on one elbow. "
I'm curious about the company you keep."

She smiles amiably, and sips her wine.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:46 pm

"
Well, I have my family of course. Theo, my mother, Yve. Ben is a distant cousin too, and a friend"
Dunstan says

"
I trail with Ser Ulbert often too, but he is not a very ... friendy person. Ser Matther I would definetely call friend"

"
I met a lot of people in Riverrun that I would probably get along as well, on a tourney there."

"
How about you?"

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:21 am

At that her expression becomes a little apologetic;

"
I have not had many friends, I'm afraid. I was quite troubled, growing up. I was very shy. I had Septa Ellyn, and Rosie, my handmaiden, but no proper friends. I would consider Lady Corrine a friend, though we only met a few years ago. I'm more outgoing now, and would consider myself on good terms with most of the young ladies of the Vale."

She looks thoughtfully at the sky.

"
I should probably tell you something, if you are to consider taking me to wife."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:31 pm

Oh, here it goes, Dunstan thought.

While he knew good and well that the reason of her coming here was to discuss marriage, he still after all these years did not overtly enjoy the thought of marrying someone he just met only because her last name is Royce. In Riverrun he accepted the marriage-for-alliance as a thing that just had to be done, so this did not surprise him, but it still felt weird, especially know when he had a child with Marei.

"
If we are to be married,"
Dunstan said, "
talk to me about whatever you want, whenever you want - and I will honestly try to help you out if you concerns. I know this castle isn't Runestone, and that I am not exactly perfect - but I can try to make this thing work."
he said, somewhat clumsily.

"
So, speak if you want"

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:39 pm

"
Thank you, Dunstan. I appreciate that. It is just a matter about my appearance, and I would not want you to find it a problem too late. So..."

She took a deep breath. This was clearly awkward and difficult for her.

"
As I said, I have had a somewhat troubled past. I was not happy for a long time. I did not know how to make myself feel better, and when I felt very bad, I used to... erm... I used to hurt myself. I used to make little cuts on my arms with a razor. It gave me some relief at a dark point in my life. I do not do that anymore. I feel much better than I did then, but I still have scars. I tend to wear long sleeves to hide them, but I know I would not, and should not, try to hide them from my husband. I wanted you to know sooner rather than later. I can show you, if you want, and if you are no longer interested in me, I will understand."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:05 am

"
Oh, come here"
Dunstsn offers a hug, a very compassionate hug that he woudl give to Yve when they were kids

"
Of course I don't mind. I'm just glad you feel better and hope this place and me will me you happy. I don't care much for appearance, and by the way, you look lovely"

To make a joke and try to lighten up the general atmosphere of the situation he says

"
"
Seven Hells, I know an ironborn raider with one eye! Still I shared a drink with him from time to time during the tourney - that didn't put me off and neither will a few scars."

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:19 am

The hug surprises her, but she returns it gladly, and his compliment elicits a blush.

"
Thank you. I am glad you are as kind as Lady Corrine said you were. I think you look good too,"
she adds, shyly, letting her dainty hand rest upon his.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:35 am

"
Thank you my Lady"
he says and sits there for a while. It wasn't as bad as he thought it would be, this whole arranged marriage thing. Doesn't hurt she is from one of the most prestigious houses of the Vale either.

"
How many brothers and sisters do you have?"
he asks, thinking about Runestone and everything he knew about it.

"
And, is it true Lord Royce wears a bronze armor with runes on it? What do those runes say?"

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:56 pm

"
I have two younger brothers, Alun and Willum. Willum is Lord Marsten's squire now. As for my father's armour, it does have runes on it, but I have no idea what they mean. It's an impressive sight though. Is Lady Yve your only sibling?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:33 am

"
Yes"
he says.

Than, thinking of Theo's probable bastards than run around the court, he stop and thinks..

"
Yes, she is"

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:48 am

"
You seem unsure,"
she chuckles softly. "
Do you have a secret disgraced twin locked away in the dungeons?"

She laughs at the notion, clearly jesting, as she gives his arm a playful nudge.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:53 pm

"
No"
Dunstan laughs

"
But I do have a son"
he gets a bit more serious

"
Bastard son, some would say. Hope that doesn't bother you."

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:09 pm

Aofie takes a sip of wine, looking at Dunstan thoughtfully.

"
I appreciate you being honest with me. Lady Corrine had mentioned the smallfolk girl you were involved with. I did not know you had a child though, until you mentioned it yesterday. Every man has a past, and I would not consider you beholden to me for things that occurred before we met. Do you intend to keep her as your lover after you marry?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:35 pm

"
No, I want her to find a man of her own and avoid living in shadows, with me, hiding."
Dunstan says

"
Who would want to be just a passing amusement in someone else's life?"

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:39 pm

"
I quite agree. How likely do you think she will be to accept you moving on? I would hope to have a happy and peaceful marriage, without ill feeling leaking into it."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:49 pm

"
She is not prone to bringing ill to anyone's relationship, nor would she try and undermine something other people built - especially if other people is me"

Dunstan thought how good it felt when he rescued her from madmen. And how it felt to be in her company, she was simpler than highborn ladies, more likely to wear plain white dresses, drink gallons of wine and take him between her warm thighs in clandestine nights in the mill, filled with their sweat and flour and warm summer air.. In comparison with matters of the heart, reason seemed cold and he wanted to laugh in its face ... but had knew that marrying someone of higher birth was inevitable.

"
Our marriage is beneficial, to your family, to me, to the Vale to the Kingdoms and gods and everyone.. Marei knows, she won't try and meddle her affairs in it."

But I might meddle in hers a bit, Dunstan thought, but it was better if Aofie didn't know.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:59 pm

"
That is good to know. A safe home and kind, loyal husband is all of which I needed assurance. Keeping her around would be rather an insult that I'd like to avoid, as much as I appreciate that I have come into these circumstances as an outsider. I agree that a marriage would be beneficial, though I hope that genuine affection will grow from it. Love, I dare say."

She looks into his eyes, smiling shyly;

"
I could certainly see myself caring for you a great deal,"
she confesses, shifting a little closer to him.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next