Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House Longshore Event - The Eagle Swoops to Conquer

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

House Longshore Event - The Eagle Swoops to Conquer - Page 2 Empty Re: House Longshore Event - The Eagle Swoops to Conquer

Post by Athelstan Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:27 am

Damn it, you could have just said, re-roll you roll 7d6 not 5d6 lol, my error, so I rolled 2 and 3. removed secon and third dice for 11+1 for superior. 1 DoS 0 damage.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

House Longshore Event - The Eagle Swoops to Conquer - Page 2 Empty Re: House Longshore Event - The Eagle Swoops to Conquer

Post by Reader Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:47 am

Lord Mallister deflected Athelstan's wildswing on his stout shield, his foe's skills seemingly atrophied by Lord Longshore's cells.

Still, Lord Mallister's attack was scarcely much better, both men fighting within themselves in the opening exchanges.

CD: 12 (-4 from plate +2 from shield), ignoring fatigue this round
AR: 10
Health 9
Mallister initiative: 3d6 7
I/W/F: 0/0/1
- contingent fatigue if attacked

[url=Fighting][/url]: 7d6k5-1 13
[url=Fighting (maneuver)][/url]: 5d6-1 15 - fails

- Isn't Athelstan CD 7? Awareness 3+Agility 4 + Athletics 4 = 11 - 4AP = 7]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:53 am

[OOC: Lord Mallister would have had to move into range as Athelstan is using a reach weapon]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:58 am

Baelon wrote:[OOC: Lord Mallister would have had to move into range as Athelstan is using a reach weapon]

[OOC: thanks, drop his maneuver then as it was rolled after the attack. Embarassed ]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:00 am

[ooc]Superior plate -1AP, Yoren helped with the expense[/ooc]

Combat Defense: 8
Health 12
Athelstan initiative:
I/W/F: 0/0/0

Athelstan can't find an opening so he will have to create one, by swinging his axe under lord Petyr's feet in hopes of tripping him.

[url=Attack (Knockdown)][/url]: 4d6 13 TN 12 (Agility 3x4 =12)

[-1D from close, +1D from knockdown] Normal Attack
[url=Attack][/url]: 7d6k5+1 26
CD 8 - 4 DoS = 28 Dmg

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:01 am

[26 - 12 = 14 = 3 DoS = 21 damage -10 AR = 11 damage, take 1 injury]

Even fighting from the ground Lord Mallister would not be defeated so easily by the hated Ironborn. Despite being knocked to the ground and left reeling by Athelstan's follow-up attack, he still managed to connect with a powerful backhanded cut.

CD: 12 (-4 from plate +2 from shield), ignoring fatigue this round
Health 1
I/W/F: 1/0/2
- contingent fatigue if attacked

LA: Aim
LA: Attack - [url=Attack][/url]: 8d6k5-3 25 = 4 DoS = 20 Damage - 10 AR = 10 damage
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:02 am

Athelstan is surprised by the stubbornness of lord Petyr, in hopes of ending this soon Athelstan takes aim to the Mallister and delivering a blow with all his weight behind it "
Stuffed chicken for dinner, my lord"

LA - Aim
LA - Normal Attack (+1D knockdown -1D Reach)
[url=Fighting + Aim][/url]: 8d6k5+1 24
4 DoS - 28 Damage - 10 = 18 dmg.
3 DoS - 21 Damage - 10 = 11dmg if he has CD 12 from using fatigue a second time.
Weapon is Vicious...

Combat Defense: 8
Health 2/12
I/W/F: 0/0/0

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:39 pm

[OOC: Lord Petyr Mallister BURNS his destiny point in desperation to convert the attack to a failure, lest he be killed by his foe's Vicious weapon! Let me know if you'd like to counter, if not I'll go on to his attack.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:36 am

[ooc]He can burn it I won't stop him, but he wasn't going to die from this attack, he would take a second Wound and remove all damage from it, but he would have to yield or die(burn DP) next attack if it deals any damage.[/ooc]

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:13 pm

Lord Mallister is saved from a likely fatal blow as Athelstan stumbles at an inopportune moment! The Lord of Seagard takes advantage of the opportunity to thrust at Athelstan, aiming to catch him in an unprotected joint...

CD: 3 - Reckless attack
Health 1
I/W/F: 1/0/3

[url=Reckless attack][/url]: 8d6k6-4 24 - 5 Damage per DoS = 20 Damage - 10 AR = 10 Damage
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:07 pm

[OOC]Athelstan will take 3 injuries to reduce the damage[/ooc]

Athelstan reels back from lord Mallister desperate attack, cunning old man, but nothing stops Athelstan from swinging his axe with full force again.

LA - Standard Attack
LA - Aim (Next Round)

[url=Fighting][/url]: 7d6k6-2 12
2 DoS - 14 dmg - 10 = 4 dmg
Reach, Vicious

[ooc]Wow talk about bad rolls, but it's enough to force a second Wound I think[/ooc]

Last edited by 149 on Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:53 pm

[OOC: remember this would provoke a passive attack:

viewtopic.php?f=79&
t=23#p11409

You might want to use:

- Attack
- Aim (for next round)

instead?]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:59 pm

[ooc]Alrighty then, will use Aim + Attack this round instead of move + attack. Want me to edit the post above to reflect that, or just roll again and another post?[/ooc]

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:20 pm

Athelstan wrote:[ooc]Alrighty then, will use Aim + Attack this round instead of move + attack. Want me to edit the post above to reflect that, or just roll again and another post?[/ooc]

[OOC: easiest option is to use aim after attacking and use the bonus in the next round.

As I'm a generous soul, I'll let you add 1B to your existing attack for this round if you prefer!]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:26 pm

[ooc]I'll use aim on the next round as punishment for not remembering, and just take the roll, and change the RP, lord Mallister's turn[/ooc]

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:35 pm

Athelstan is slowed by Lord Mallister's thrust and can only deal a glancing blow to his foe, shearing off an eagle wing from his helm. Still, Athelstan's attack is fierce enough to cause blood to trickle down Lord Mallister's head, clouding his vision.

Lord Mallister redoubles his attack, but he too is now hampered by fatigue and injuries, his attack lacking the fervour of his previous assault.

CD: 3 - Reckless attack
Health 1
I/W/F: 3/0/3
(takes two injuries)

[url=Reckless attack][/url]: 8d6k6-6 19 = 3 DoS = 15 Damage - 10AR = 5 Damage
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:42 pm

Athelstan takes 1 wound

Combat Defense: 3
Health 1/12
I/W/F: 3/1/0

Athelstan's frustration comes to bear

GA Reckless Attack
LA - Aim (Past turn)

[url=Fighting][/url]: 8d6k5-2 21
4 DoS = 28 dmg - 10 = 18dmg

[ooc]Can I take him prisoner or he chooses death?[/ooc]

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:49 pm

[Takes two wounds to reduce damage by 9x2 =18]

Greater action: Yield.

Bowed, bent and broken, it is all Lord Mallister can do to cast down his blade and drops his head in surrender.

"
Stay your axe."
His voice sounds half drunk from pain. "
The field is yours."

[OOC: House Longshore - feel free to kick on with the mass combat, resolving it yourself or with the help of other PCs]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:50 pm

[ooc]Is it possible to negotiate with Jaime Mallister instead of Mass Combat?[/ooc]

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:52 pm

Athelstan wrote:[ooc]Is it possible to negotiate with Jaime Mallister instead of Mass Combat?[/ooc]

[OOC: Persuasion/Deception (any) TN 12 by you or Yoren - he's keen to recapture his father, by force if necessary. Yoren might be a better choice here, but fatigue/destiny might help you with the roll despite your wound/injuries. At least they were earned in victory!]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:33 am

OOC
[url=convince Mallister to back off with pious dice][/url]: d6k5 16
"
The eagle swooped to attack, but it's leader got captured. Please: we don't want a battle. We are neighbours, we've been squabbling for too long, let's make peace."
Yoren shouts over the field. "
Not just tentative, short lived peace, but the long lasting type. Both of our houses have been known for unwavering loyalty. We got caught on opposite sides in a confict and we've never gotten past it, now is the time for peace!"
Done with the shouting, yoren waits for the other side to do their council.

Yoren walks over to the wounded Malister with a skin of wine. He helps him to his feet before giving him the skin of wine telling him: "
if your son doesn't act rash, we will have a long night of hammering out our differences. If you wish, you may clean up in my tent, Renyk and Ash here will show you to it."
Yoren gives a smile before walking over to Athelstan: "
Great job, if we fail now it's all on my cape."
He plases himself next to Athelstan, hoping the mallisters does not reply with war.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:48 am

Athelstan rests his hands over his axe looking to the Mallister armies "
We best offer something good, other than his father to stop this from happening. Perhaps marriage?"
looking at Yoren "
Yours or Alya will have to do, I prefer it was yours, so the daughter is here, but I don't think he has one, so it would have to be Alya"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:03 am

Yoren gives a sly smile: "
Drop dead cynical, good idea, we may talk of it if they decide for peace. Feel sorry for him if he is to marry Alya, she'll rip him apart if he wants her to get rid of her axe."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:59 pm

[OOC: in the interest of speed, please post c10 rounds of intrigue stats and actions. I'll have Lord Mallister's son negotiate with you.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:51 pm

OOC
I messed up badly, I first started using the format of one roll at a time, found a better way, so tried to do that. First time I did the #at the end and ended up with 15(what I rolled) 8ths. So I switched it around. Then I did it correct. For the sake of transparency please check my roll log:)
[url=reading mallister jr][/url]: 3d6 11
[url=convince mallister jr][/url]: 5d6k4 11
[url=many convince rolls][/url]: 5d6k4#8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8...
[url=hopefully right this time... convince mallister jr][/url]: 7#5d6k4 16 19
[url=if mallister jr has 2 in deception][/url]: 9#1d6 5 6 1 3 6 1 3 1 2

So I read him first, followed by a singular convince, followed by a singular convince that gave me 15 (that turned into 8.) Then 7 normal rolls of convince followed. If he has 2 in deception i may work out the results with that;
)

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next