Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AtMC – The battle below Bull’s Peak

+6
Lady Corrine Marsten
Ser Jorah Holt
Baelon Drakeson
Reader
Yoren longshore
Kevan Lyras
10 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

AtMC – The battle below Bull’s Peak - Page 2 Empty Re: AtMC – The battle below Bull’s Peak

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:58 pm

[Orders to come from subcommanders]

Status
Kevan 7/12
Sunguard 3/12, Disorganized: 1/4

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

AtMC – The battle below Bull’s Peak - Page 2 Empty Re: AtMC – The battle below Bull’s Peak

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:26 pm

(Right. For the record, I am using Garret's stats from [url=here][/url], not the ones the PC-Garret was using. This means I have Warfare 3 Strategy 1B. I'm not rolling this turn, as I don't think it matters at this point.

Actually, I might as well roll for next turn.
[url=Turn 2 Initiative - AtMC][/url]: 4d6k3 8)

Garret gleefully orders the Company of the Morningstar he's in to charge the raiders attacking the Sunguard (D) (Difficulty 0, auto-succeed.)

(Now, I take it that the flanking rules are part of the advanced rules, so no +1B? However, since Garret is attached to this unit, and it's a Personal Guard, they keep the +1D even though he's a commander.)

[url=CotM - Charging Raiders D - R1][/url]: 6d6k5 19
Defence is 5, AR 2?
3 DoS (6+2=) 8 damage per DoS = 24-2 = 22 damage. Awww. 2 off utter destruction. Still, they're disorganised.

(I'm assuming it doesn't mean what it says when it says 'A unit is destroyed when the accumulated penalties from disorganiszation equal its endurance rank'. Because that would mean that any unit with Endurance 3 or less would be destroyed the first time they're disorganised, and take a -3 penalty. It means a unit with Endurance 3 will be destroyed when it's disorganised 3 times, right?)
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:29 pm

(I'm assuming it doesn't mean what it says when it says 'A unit is destroyed when the accumulated penalties from disorganiszation equal its endurance rank'. Because that would mean that any unit with Endurance 3 or less would be destroyed the first time they're disorganised, and take a -3 penalty. It means a unit with Endurance 3 will be destroyed when it's disorganised 3 times, right?)
That is the way I understand it as well, that is why I am counting up for the Sunguard (currently at disorganized 1/4). I guess 'the penalty' refers to the -1D for all tests

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:30 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:
That is the way I understand it as well, that is why I am counting up for the Sunguard (currently at disorganized 1/4). I guess 'the penalty' refers to the -1D for all tests

[OOC: that's the way we'll run with it]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:35 am

Next up: Jorah or Leifnar

Status
Kevan 7/12

Raiders D: Disorganised
Clan Archers E: Disorganised
Clan Archers F: Destroyed

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:27 am

[url=leifnarr][/url]: 4d6k3 17 shouts to the coldbrook guards: "
Charge you dogs! Let's break them once and for all."
The bodyguart takes the order and does an impressive charge followed by [url=death][/url]: 5d6 24 The clansmen feel the pressure increase.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:31 pm

A few questions for clarification Yoren
Which unit did you command:
8 -Elite personal guard, the Company of the Morningstar (Coldbrook) Athletics 4, Endurance 4, Fighting 5 (Discipline 0, AR 6, Damage 6) / Movement 2 (Upgraded weapons) (+1D from attached hero, see Daveth's post)
9 -Veteran guards, the Company Grenward (Coldbrook) Awareness 4, Endurance 3, Fighting 4 (Discipline 6*, AR 3, Damage 4) / Movement 4

Did you charge or just attack? If you charge you'd have to drop one dice. If you ordered the first unit (which makes sense given you called them 'bodyguard' it would be 6d6k5, i'd say.

Also, which raider unit is your target? The one already disorganized or the other one? The first one you cannot be charging with the personal guard, as they are already next to the unit.

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:41 pm

If its the veteran guard, then Jorah is attached and that would even out the charge penalty

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:59 pm

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:If its the veteran guard, then Jorah is attached and that would even out the charge penalty

This is included in the calculation above (it would be the same as Daveth's roll: Fighting 5 ->
5d6 ->
Attached hero: 6d6 -->
Charge: 6d6k5

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:07 pm

I could be wrong, but don't you only get the +1D for an attached hero if either (a) the unit is a Personal Guard (b) the hero is not a commander?
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:12 pm

Ah you are right, Jorah won't provide a bonus as he is a commander. I read to fast, thinking Jorah refers to the personal guard unit. ( which is also the unit for which I showed the roll)

Sorry for the confusion...

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:19 pm

Sorry for unclearness.
I should only kept 4 so the result is reduced to 21. Elite personal guard charges fresh raider unit. Sorry for the confusion folks!

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:25 pm

Whelp, well, that exposes the squishies.

Which one? [checks map] Oh, it's only Kreigar. Carry on!
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:31 pm

Daveth Coldbrook wrote:Whelp, well, that exposes the squishies.

Which one? [checks map] Oh, it's only Kreigar. Carry on!

It's Corrine's hide if Kriegar and his men come off badly. Sad
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:04 pm

Yoren longshore wrote:Sorry for unclearness.
I should only kept 4 so the result is reduced to 21. Elite personal guard charges fresh raider unit. Sorry for the confusion folks!

No, you can keep 5. Actually you could roll a sixth and drop the lowest. The personal guard is headed by Gareth, so it should be the same roll as Daveth did before: Fighting 5 ->
5d6 ->
Attached hero: 6d6 -->
Charge: 6d6k5.
But 24 vs CD6 is already 4DoS, so it does not matter: 4*8 Damage= 32 ->
unit is destroyed (more than twice the units health)

(I hope I am right on this, otherwise Baelon, or somebody else, please comment on this as well)

Status
Kevan 7/12

Raiders B: Disorganised
Raiders C: Destroyed
Clan Archers E: Disorganised

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:45 pm

Ser Jorah orders the mercenary archers to attack the remaining archers

[url=command mercenaries][/url]: 4d6k3 17
[url=mercenaries firing][/url]: 3d6k3 13
- thats 2 DOS so 3 damage after 3AR

ooc
I'm presuming that each unit can only act once on a turn

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:51 pm

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:
ooc
OOC:
a unit may act as many times as it wishes, but each test is 3 harder for the commander.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:05 pm

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:Ser Jorah orders the mercenary archers to attack the remaining archers

[url=command mercenaries][/url]: 4d6k3 17
[url=mercenaries firing][/url]: 3d6k3 13
- thats 2 DOS so 3 damage after 3AR

ooc

[OOC: isn't that (Agility+2) x2DOS = (2+3) x2 = 10 damage - 3 AR = 7 damage? Mercenary archers have 3 agility]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:11 pm

ooc
Was thinking hunting bows for some reason

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:14 pm

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:ooc
Was thinking hunting bows for some reason

[OOC: no worries. Warfare damage is set by a different table. Smile ]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:53 pm

Status
Kevan 7/12

Clan Archers E: Routed (off map)

(things are not looking good for our heroes... er, I mean, for the clans)

That brings us to the end of Round 1 Step 7 (orders).

Step 8 (2nd player actions)
Assuming neither Loreia nor Yoren wish to detach (what units are they in? those units would be at +1D for an attached hero)

Step 9: Standing orders
The only units that have been ordered (and thus might have a standing order) were ordered this round and thus do not activate in the Standing Orders step. (There are never standing orders in round 1)

Step 10: Repeat
I.e., on to Round 2 (starting with Step 4, initiative)

[url=Round 2 initiative][/url]: 3d6 15

Updated Map:
Code:
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | Key:

---HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---| A - Clan Veteran Raiders (w/commander)
1 H H H A H H | | | | | | | | | | B - Clan Trained Raiders [
disorganized]

---HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---| C - Clan Trained Raiders [
defeated]

2 H H D H | | | | | | | | | | | | D - Clan Trained Raiders
---HHHHHHHHH---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---| E - Clan Trained Archers [
routed, off map]

3 H H | | | | | | | | | | | | | F - Clan Trained Archers [
defeated]

---HHHHH---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
4 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | 1 - Longshore Trained Archers
---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---| 2 - Mercenary Trained Archers
5 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | 3 - Lyras Veteran Archers
---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---| 4 - Kriegar Veteran Scouts (w/Kriegar)
6 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | 5 - Tullison Veteran Guerrillas
---WWWWWWWWFFFFFWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWFFFFFWWWWWWWWWWWW 6 - Lyras Veteran Infantry (w/Kevan) [
prev.
disorg.
once]

7 W W F F W W W W W W F F W W W 7 - Longshore Trained Raiders (w/Leifnar)
---WWWWWWWWFFFFFWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWFFFFFWWWWWWWWWWWW 8 - Coldbrook Elite Personal Guard (w/Garrett)
8 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | 9 - Coldbrook Veteran Garrison (w/Jorah)
---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
9 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | H - Hills (slow movement, +1B vs.
lower elevation)
---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---| W - Water (slow movement)
10| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | F - Ford (no effect)
---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---HHHHH
11| | | | | | | | | | | | | H H
---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---HHHHHHHHH
12| | | | | | | | | 8 | B | | 9 H 7 H 5 H
---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
13| | | | | | | | | | 6 H 4 H 1 H 2 H 3 H
---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:35 pm

[OOC: There is still one order missing for round one, the one from Lord Kriegar (we have 7 orders per round). I will post that one later today, once I am back home]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:48 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:[OOC: There is still one order missing for round one, the one from Lord Kriegar (we have 7 orders per round). I will post that one later today, once I am back home]
[OOC: oops! miscounted. Sorry! The above will apply after that, and the almost-guaranteed disorg/rout/defeat of another of 'my' units.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:13 pm

Morning Star elite. As Garrett's retainer, I am attached to the same unit he is attached to, or that was the way I chose to go when we started out, so I'm committing. Different story in the Faith Militant house event, though.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:19 pm

[url=Order Golden Arrows (Discipline 9)][/url]: 4d6k3 11
[url=Attack Veteran Raiders][/url]: 4d6 10 vs CD4 =2DoS*5=10 - AR5=5 Damage
-->
1/6 Health

Status
Kevan 7/12

Clan Commander: -1 Health (how much does he have in total?)
Veteran Raiders 1/6
Clan Archers E: Routed (off map)

Next round
[url=Initiative R2][/url]: 3d6 14 ->
Spend BoTA for +2 so we can go first once more

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next