Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AtMC – The battle below Bull’s Peak

+6
Lady Corrine Marsten
Ser Jorah Holt
Baelon Drakeson
Reader
Yoren longshore
Kevan Lyras
10 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

AtMC – The battle below Bull’s Peak - Page 4 Empty Re: AtMC – The battle below Bull’s Peak

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:38 pm

I'm right in thinking it's the subcommanders' turns now?

As far as I can tell, it's Discipline 9 for either unit of archers (Mercs have base 9, Golden arrows have acted once before this round, base of 6).

Garret commands Golden arrows to shoot the last remaining Clan unit.
[url=Commanding Veteran archers to shoot Clan unit A (TN9)][/url]: 3d6 13 Success

[url=Archer's Marksmanship (TN5)][/url]: 4d6 16 3DoS 15-2 = 13 damage
Unit is disorganised, I believe.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

AtMC – The battle below Bull’s Peak - Page 4 Empty Re: AtMC – The battle below Bull’s Peak

Post by Reader Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:40 pm

Even desperate men can only fight for so long.

Shields are cast down, with hatchets, spears and cudgels joining them in short order. A handful flee, but not enough to be more than a nuisance to outlying farmsteads.

The Battle Below Bull's Peak is won, the day's slaughter all too clear to see in the day's bright sunshine.

The great bull's head of the mountain gazed down on the defeated clansmen, impassive and unmoved by their tragedy.

[OOC: please roll for unit improvement/degradation.

+2 glory to be allocated by House Marsten. At least one glory from the two battles against the clans must be allocated to House Marsten.

2 Wealth is recovered in loot, with the mercenaries hired by Edmund Lyras laying claim to one unit of wealth, although House Marsten is free to renege on this deal.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:46 pm

House Marsten upholds it's deal with the mercenaries, and allocates +1 glory to House Longshore.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:50 pm

[url=raiders with henryk][/url]: 1d6+1 3 stays the same
[url=routing archers result with henryk][/url]: 1d6+1 4 Are reduced to green archers, change will be posted in house forum.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:51 pm

Might as well roll for the Coldbrook units, since I'm here.
Both undamaged, I believe?
Company of the Morningstar: [url=Company of the Morningstar Survivors roll][/url]: 1d6 3 Intact
Company Grenward: [url=Company Grenward Survivors roll][/url]: 1d6 2 Intact - just.

Happy enough with that.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:59 pm

Yoren longshore wrote:[url=raiders with henryk][/url]: 1d6+1 3 stays the same
[url=routing archers result with henryk][/url]: 1d6+1 4 Are reduced to green archers, change will be posted in house forum.

[OOC: dark days indeed. I'd be demanding recompense for the careless deployment of my archers. Evil or Very Mad

Greenlanders throwing away Ironborn lives carelessly to protect their own weak bodies. Contemptible.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:06 am

Like the instigation :;
):
Not much I can really do, or is there Twisted Evil

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:09 am

Yoren longshore wrote:Like the instigation :;
):
Not much I can really do, or is there Twisted Evil

[OOC: you're very free to:

- send letters
- bring it up while preparing for story 2 in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=165&
t=1569

- let your resentment fester and bear it against House Marsten during Story 2's negotiations
- something diabolical of your own devising

Obviously forgiving and forgetting is forbidden]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:09 am

Yoren, feel free to throw Ben &
I any ideas you have, nefarious or otherwise. :;
):
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:13 am

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:Yoren, feel free to throw Ben &
):

Yoren will be a little angry, but I'll give you a heads up when I get a decent idea, and we can discuss character development there :;
): Be warned though, if I'm invited over for dinner I WILL take the last slice of Pizza Evil or Very Mad

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:19 am

Yoren longshore wrote:
):

Yoren will be a little angry, but I'll give you a heads up when I get a decent idea, and we can discuss character development there :;
): Be warned though, if I'm invited over for dinner I WILL take the last slice of Pizza Evil or Very Mad

Hah! Good job pizza isn't invented here. Razz
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:20 am

Yoren longshore wrote:
):

You can have it. I have to watch my figure. My squire can't find the breast plate stretcher.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:44 am

Yeah, the battle was over - if the raiders had somehow survived until their next order they would have retreat off the map. As Kevan pointed out, their bulk meant it would take an order to get into position before they could have charged. More if I wanted to restore them from disorganized...

I expected it to be a massacre, but I did more damage than I expected to. Not bad considering that all of the clan units that actually fought were only trained.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:48 am

[I am off for the day, will roll unit progression once I am back. Quick question: Does the sunguard roll on the damaged chart or the disorgsnized chart? They were disorganized once, but only damaged at the end of the battle...]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:37 pm

I believe it would be the Disorganized chart.

That is, if it were always just the status at the end of battle, they could have said that. Instead they said "
best describes the unit's condition"
with a specific note to only use routed if that was the unit's final condition. So routed if final condition, otherwise worst condition the unit was in. If you think about it, it doesn't make sense to describe a unit as having taken no damage simply because they did not take any damage after a reorganize order. If you don;
t buy that argument, consider that although they are not currently disorganized, they are still suffering the penalties of it.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:32 pm

Sounds reasonable, thanks, I will roll accordingly.

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:12 pm

Veteran Infantry, The Sunguard (Lyras)
[url=The Sunguard][/url]: 1d6 6 ->
edit: +1 training
Veteran archers, The Golden Arrows (Lyras)
[url=Golden Arrows][/url]: 1d6 1 ->
-1 Training
Veteran scouts, The mountain watch (Kriegar)
[url=The mountain watch][/url]: 1d6 1 -1 Training
(Oh come on Orokos! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad )
Trained archers (Mercenary)
[url=Mercenary Archers][/url]: 1d6 2 ->
Intact

Last edited by 157 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:35 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:Veteran Infantry, The Sunguard (Lyras)
[url=The Sunguard][/url]: 1d6 6 ->
Intact
Veteran archers, The Golden Arrows (Lyras)
[url=Golden Arrows][/url]: 1d6 1 ->
-1 Training
Veteran scouts, The mountain watch (Kriegar)
[url=The mountain watch][/url]: 1d6 1 -1 Training
(Oh come on Orokos! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad )
Trained archers (Mercenary)
[url=Mercenary Archers][/url]: 1d6 2 ->
Intact

An archer to a scout, about the infantry:
"
No one even attacked us, but look at what happened to those guys - that could have been us! I don't know about you, but I'm done with this."

An infantryman:
"
I almost died! That was fun! Let's do it again!"

Ahem. That's all the units except the Tullison Mountaineers. Out of curiosity, the clans:
[url=Clan Survival (unofficial)][/url]: 6#1d6 5 2 1 6 3 4

A - Clan Veteran Raiders (w/commander) [routed] 5, Intact
B - Clan Trained Raiders [destroyed] 2 Destroyed
C - Clan Trained Raiders [destroyed] 1 Destroyed
D - Clan Trained Raiders [destroyed] 6 Intact
E - Clan Trained Archers [routed] 3 -2 Training ->
Destroyed
F - Clan Trained Archers [destroyed] 4 -2 Training ->
Destroyed

Yeah, a massacre... 600 came to the field, 200 lived to tell the tale... and raise a new generation of blood-feuding barbarians.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:39 pm

[OOC: like the spin put on the reactions from Baelon. That's why those tough SOBs are infantry?

Upgraded clan results to official, as it may become important later, things going on behind the scenes.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:48 pm

[Eh, I think damaged is the right category. It says condition at the end of battle and it doesn't get more clear than that, while the rallying order does restore health, it specifically notes that it's condition afterward is damaged. Loss of strength is likely more due to desertion than actual deaths/injuries.]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:50 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:[Eh, I think damaged is the right category. It says condition at the end of battle and it doesn't get more clear than that, while the rallying order does restore health, it specifically notes that it's condition afterward is damaged. Loss of strength is likely more due to desertion than actual deaths/injuries.]
Reader, what is your stance on that?

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:53 pm

still got a 6, so not really an issue. In fact, they are now elites.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:37 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:
Theomore Tullison wrote:[Eh, I think damaged is the right category. It says condition at the end of battle and it doesn't get more clear than that, while the rallying order does restore health, it specifically notes that it's condition afterward is damaged. Loss of strength is likely more due to desertion than actual deaths/injuries.]
Reader, what is your stance on that?

[size=150:1d305gvx][OOC: USE THE DAMAGED COLUMN BY MY READING]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:47 am

Ooooh, dice roll: [url=Mountaineer Training][/url]: 1d6 6 Woooho! +2 training.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4