Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D2, All afternoon] - Lord Haig's ill-timed hunt...

+9
Kevan Lyras
Ser Jorah Holt
Loreia
Luecian LongBow
Theomore Tullison
Athelstan
Yoren longshore
Lady Corrine Marsten
Reader
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[D2, All afternoon] - Lord Haig's ill-timed hunt... Empty [D2, All afternoon] - Lord Haig's ill-timed hunt...

Post by Reader Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:25 pm

An ill-timed hunt...
Lord Haig Bracken is a man with a taste for battle and the hunt. Despite the delicate political situation, he insists on inviting his guests to a hunt…

Participants
Characters can work together or individually.

Challenges:
Survival (Hunt) at a pre-declared TN, note this in Orokos. You may make one roll for each afternoon slot dedicated to hunting.
TN 9 – 1 point: Fish, rabbit or game birds.
TN 12 – 2 points: Deer.
TN 15 – 3 points: Boar or stag.
TN 18 – 5 points: The Silver Shadowcat [only the highest score succeeding at TN 18 can capture the Silver Shadowcat – others are left empty handed]

Consequences
Every six points earned by a house party = 1 Glory
The highest score character/party = 1 glory, 10 gold dragons and Lord Haig Bracken's disposition improves by one step.
The Silver Shadowcat = 1 Glory. House Bracken keeps the meat, bones and head, but the pelt goes to the man or woman who conquers the wily old shadowcat.
Critical failure = injury as you twist an ankle or are hurt by your quarry as it fights back.
Five points or more for a party - 10xp to spend towards survival or a survival speciality
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D2, All afternoon] - Lord Haig's ill-timed hunt... Empty Re: [D2, All afternoon] - Lord Haig's ill-timed hunt...

Post by Reader Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:38 pm

Destiny point substitution
- Spending a single destiny point will let you substitute Marksmanship (Any) for ALL rolls in this event.
- The destiny point substitution rolls are good fun, encourage people to petition for their use where you feel you can argue for it.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D2, All afternoon] - Lord Haig's ill-timed hunt... Empty Re: [D2, All afternoon] - Lord Haig's ill-timed hunt...

Post by Reader Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:40 pm

- Further: if you don't take part in the hunt, you get +2B to allocate to that day's investigation as you can allocate more time to your search. Decisions, decisions.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:59 pm

No sooner than Corrine hears of this mysterious silver shadowcat, than she decides it must be hers. With her unique weirwood bow, black hunting leathers, and excitement in her heart, she joins the hunt. It proves a welcome respite from the challenges of the investigations, though she tells herself not to spend too long hunting. She still wanted to get to Raventree Hall to investigate Lord Blackwood's murder.

Lord Bracken is yet my host, for now, though. Mustn't be rude. And, anyway, I want that animal's pelt. The Huntress cannot resist.

[url=Marksmanship (Bows)][/url]: 2#4d6k3 9 13

She manages to shoot a fat, green-plumed pheasant by a stream, and a young deer grazing on the edge of a copse. But for several hours, no shadowcat can be seen.

She stalks the deeper, darker reaches of the forest, silent as a shadow herself, listening carefully for signs of movement. She branches off from the main group, not wanting their noise to scare off the creature she seeks. It takes over an hour of following tracks and creeping through undergrowth for her to find her target. For several minutes she merely watches in fascination as it prowls silkily towards it's own prey, a lost fawn.

She feels a small pang of guilt in her heart, to be allowing a tiny life to be snuffed out so that she can gain a better chance at her quarry, but the magnificence of the shadowcat's silvery pelt is too seductive. She follows quietly as the shadowcat effortlessly downs the fawn in a single leap, ripping it's belly open and beginning to feast.

She notches an arrow and carefully aims. She tracks the beast's heart for what feels like an age, predicting the animal's movement, not daring to risk a miss. Then, with a brief, whispered prayer, she looses the arrow, striking the shadowcat squarely in the chest, causing it to shriek angrily and fall backwards, deer entrails still in it's mouth, trailing after it as it attempts to scramble to it's feet, looking for the source of the attack.
Corrine wastes no time, notching another arrow and aiming for the head. She allows herself less time, not wanting it to escape, and fires into the back of the shadowcat's skull. This time, there is no sound, but a sickly gurgle as the creature slumps to the ground.

[Corrine burns a DP to succeed at TN18.]

She trots over to the corpse, produces a hunting knife, and surreptitiously begins severing some of it's claws.

A sneaky extra prize...

She takes three different claws from each of the front paws, so as not to look too suspicious, and stuffs them into her belt pouch. She then stands and calls out to the others;

"
Shadowcat! I got it!"
she shouts triumphantly, and crouches again to begin gutting the animal, not noticing the larger, darker creature, readying to pounce from behind her.

Last edited by 151 on Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:49 pm

All men hunt, some hunt for gold, some hunt for power, some hunt for women, some hunt just to survive, but we all hunt. After hunting abstract things like justice, simply hunting for an animal is refreshing.
His mediocre skills with a spear was not enough to kill the prime boar he was going for, so after Haigh himself felled the beast Yoren trods off to the stream to do some calm fishing, before ending the day with catching a pheasant on his way back.
[url=pious use of boarhunting (TN15)][/url]: 4d6 13
[url=hunting fish (dc9)][/url]: 3d6 10
[url=Chasing simple poultry (dc9)][/url]: 3d6 11

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:15 pm

Athelstan makes his way into lord Haigh Bracken hunting retinue, and sticking close to Ser Wyll Bracken, and while lord Haigh is not pleased he does not say much for now it's a bit late without looking improper. It had costed Athelstan some coin to get this close, but this was a good chance as any.

[url=Persuasion][/url]: 3d6k3 12

"
Ser Wyll Bracken, good afternoon I hope to be of help and service"
Athelstan in his most humble attitude and knowing full well he might get the short end of the stick in the hunt, but the benefits of being here far out weight the labor he was going to put forth. "
I'm sorry for the loses of the Septry Ser Wyll, but House Longshore would like to help in rebuilding it (1 wealth towards that). We do not ask anything in return just an act of good faith from us and let us hope we can catch some good game today"

Lord Haigh is to high on his red horse, but maybe his son is not that far of my reach, we shall see what we can work with first, he might be a lot more open than his father

Athelstan will assist the Bracken's Hunt all afternoon.

Last edited by 149 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:44 pm

[OOC: a PC is BURNING a destiny point to automatically hit the top TN. Smile

I applaud this kind of dramatic use of destiny points but also wish to allow opportunities to those keen to use abilities they've invested in.

What does all the above mean?

The player burning the destiny point gets what he/she was after, but perhaps the Silver Shadowcat had an equally impressive mate that has emerged for the spring mating season, for other players keen to risk rolling against the top TN....]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:49 pm

[Well, actually, by RAW, that destiny burning means you automatically score 18, so if someone came along and snagged a 19...though luck for you.]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:59 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:[Well, actually, by RAW, that destiny burning means you automatically score 18, so if someone came along and snagged a 19...though luck for you.]

[The player has taken that risk into account. Smile ]

Last edited by 151 on Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:00 pm

[The existence of the mate specifically addresses the risk of "
wasting"
a DP by burning it only to get beaten on the roll. The player burning a DP gets the Silver Shadowcat and I've got a spare with my narrator powers.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:12 pm

(Just to 100% clarify- the possible shadowcat mate would be treated in terms of the hunt with the exact same scoring/rewards as the original Silver Shadowcat-worth 5pts, 1 glory and Pelt?)
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:14 pm

Luecian LongBow wrote:(Just to 100% clarify- the possible shadowcat mate would be treated in terms of the hunt with the exact same scoring/rewards as the original Silver Shadowcat-worth 5pts, 1 glory and Pelt?)

[OOC: yes]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:48 am

(OOC-Luecian spends a dp to use marksmanship(bows) for all rolls. Great Hunter adds +4 bonus to marksmanship attacks versus animals for him. He has -2 injuries due to his bandit skirmish towards the end of Day1)

Luecian and his hunting bow, Deanna, approach the hunt eager to perform well and prove their worth to House Dulver and all the attending nobles. While he's wearing his armor as he know's the wilds are dangerous, his overall appearance and possibly lack of smell reflects that he washed or at least rinsed off prior to the hunt and even trimmed his beard on the Septon's advice. He aims to redeem himself for his hunt at the riverrun tourney last year and add cause to the name Luecian Longbow being known far and wide. His seriousness is evidenced to all by his skipping an evening of reveling at the Inn common room to rest for today's event.

At the start of the hunt, he notices numerous scrapings on an area of trees and follows the largest set of markings away to come upon a well sized stag rather than the young buck he expected. Keeping his distance, he waits for the stag to give him a clear shot before drawing his bow and firing. The stag runs a few yards on adrenaline before falling to the ground still.
EA- Stag TN 15
[url=EA Lord Bracken Hunt(TN 15) Stag][/url]: 8d6k5+4-2 23
Ser Walton Assist(TN9)-[url=EA Lord Bracken Hunt(TN 15) Stag-Assist to Luecian][/url]: 2d6 7 Assist fail

Finding some recent root grubbings and boar droppings, he follows a trail to a small thicket where he hears activity within that he assumes to be the boar. Again he finds a suitable position and waits for a clear sight to his quarry. After a good amount of time his patience is rewarded, and he spots the smallest line of sight to the a decent sized boar. He draws his bow back quickly and drops the boar in its tracks. "
This be the best way to hunt boar, don't ya be doubtin.Silly nobles..."

MA-Boar TN 15
[url=MA Lord Bracken Hunt(TN 15) Boar][/url]: 8d6k5+4-2 22
Ser Walton Assist(TN9)-[url=MA Lord Bracken Hunt(TN 15) Stag-Assist to Luecian][/url]: 2d6 4 Assist fail

Luecian prowls around the forest making all efforts to be as silent as possible. Due to his previous hunts, he had gained a measure of familiarity with some of their surroundings. Spotting a cache of shadowcat tracks near an isolated stream bed, he notes the number of tracks plus their condition and direction. Hmmn, strange there be some many tracks for one beast. Either this be an active sucker or we may be dealing with two big cats. He begins to follow the most recent tracks, surely and silently.

Well over an hour passes as he follows the tracks aimlessly with little luck but finally he spots some dark movement to his right. Making sure to stay well hidden, he watches as soon the shadowcat stalks and pounces on a lost fawn. The fawn was easy prey for the beast as would be expected, more unexpectedly soon after an arrow flies fast and strong through the air striking the predator true. A second arrow flies towards the beast and this time Luecian is able to track the arrow's origin and the slight figure holding a bow. He watches surprised and disappointed that another had found the beast but stayed hidden as there was still something about the tracks he found that bothered him.

The victorious hunter approached their kill clearly full of overwhelming pride and begin to triumphantly remove its claws. In that effort their hood fell down, revealing the face of Lady Corrine to Luecian's surprise. Well damn, thats the lady archer from the riverrun tourney. He grudgingly acknowledges her skill to himself. Interrupted from his thoughts by her yelling, Luecian heard a few slight noises indicating movement but he couldn't spot their source. He watched a few moments later in total surprise as a second larger shadowcat ambushed the lady hunter, pouncing on her in a much similar manner as its mate to the fawn. His training overcoming his surprise he knocked an arrow, and let it fly as quickly as he could. Having been the target of a shadowcat attack previously, he knew how much damage they could do in the briefest time. He reached for a second arrow as he watched the first arrow strike the big cat a few moments before it impacted with Lady Corrine, the arrow having changed the angle of its attack enough for the lady hunter to wiggle mostly out of lethal harms way. He watched the cat adjust to his landing and continue towards the lady, before taking careful aim with his second arrow and launching it airborne. It strikes true and deadly,but still the shadowcat takes the remaining steps towards the Lady but finally collapses on top of her, nearly covering her entirely.

Luecian steps into the clearing concerned and calls out 'Be ye okay m'lady? That was surely a fright."
He walks closer to help her up, hoping that her close encounter didn't leave such a beautiful face with the same lasting token that his own did. No lady be deservin a face with such marks as mine, specially not one that seemed so kind. Holding his breath, he tugged the dead beast off Lady Corrine revealing her untouched and regal face, with a few scratches on her arms but little apparent serious damage other than her shaken nerves.

LA-Silver Shadowcat TN 18
[url=LA Lord Bracken Hunt(TN 18) Shadowcat][/url]: 9d6k5+4-2 24 * Spends 1 glory for an extra 1b.
Ser Walton Assist(TN9)-[url=LA Lord Bracken Hunt(TN 18) Shadowcat-Assist to Luecian][/url]: 2d6 3 Assist fail

Last edited by 183 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:19 am

Sidling his horse up next to Lord Haig before the hunt, Baelon tips his head towards Ser Wyll Bracken's hunting party, and in particular it's new one-eyed addition.

"
I'd be wary of that one,"
he says "
I don't trust any of these Ironborn, but that one is far more trouble than he's worth. He's a kinslayer, proven so by the Seven - and my sword - in a trial by combat."

He smirks.

"
The last time we fought it cost him an eye. If he causes me any problems, I'll just have to remove the other one.... or maybe something a bit lower.
Like his throat, which I should have done the last time.

"
Well, I must be off, I'm to hunt for House Coldbrook today. Best of luck to you."

[OOC: I spend my three afternoon slots assisting Loreia]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:10 am

With Baelon earlier mentioning taking his horse out to hunt, Loreia reasons she might as well to use the animal's speed to catch up to prey. At the riding out of various hunting parties, she trots astride Jorah's squire, keeping an eye on the young lad while she can before they set off. She keeps a slow pace to go easy on Badger's, who keeps well out of the way of the powerful land animals.

"
Lord Baelon, there you are,"
she salutes at the head of House Drakeson's approach from Lord Haig's hunting party, with a warm smile.

"
Looks like we're all here. Away from our duty, elsewhere."
She does not look pleased. "
Daveth says I must be present to improve relations with the devout worshipers of the southron houses. I s'pose it helps us currently, in its own way."
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:18 am

"
Finding the truth is only half our task."
Baelon says quietly. "
Convincing the houses to accept our judgement and preventing further bloodshed is also part of our duty... even if it means spending an afternoon hunting instead of investigating more."
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:30 am

Baelon wrote:Sidling his horse up next to Lord Haig before the hunt, Baelon tips his head towards Ser Wyll Bracken's hunting party, and in particular it's new one-eyed addition.

"
I'd be wary of that one,"
he says "
I don't trust any of these Ironborn, but that one is far more trouble than he's worth. He's a kinslayer, proven so by the Seven - and my sword - in a trial by combat."

He smirks.

"
The last time we fought it cost him an eye. If he causes me any problems, I'll just have to remove the other one.... or maybe something a bit lower.
Like his throat, which I should have done the last time.

"
Well, I must be off, I'm to hunt for House Coldbrook today. Best of luck to you."

[OOC: I spend my three afternoon slots assisting Loreia]

Lord Haig nods in grim understanding at Lord Drakeson's words, although Ser Wyll is less familiar with the bastard lord and does not seem as swayed by the warning.

A third Bracken kicks her horse forward from the back of Haigh's party - his beautiful young daughter Kerry.

"
Lord Drakeson, my father tells me you were of great assistance in Riverrun's hunt, and that your expertise with a boar spear is second only to your prowess in the melee."

A dangerous flutter of eye-lashes follows, considering Baelon's role in the investigation and the wider realm's precarious situation.

"
I hope it would not be an imposition for a young woman to ride alongside you. Dangerous men such as the Sea Wyrm you so adroitly defeated lurk in the woods according to Ser Steffon Vance. My lord father would feel safer if your knightly ardour protected me in the hunt."

A hint of a smile creeps to her lips at the play on words in praise of Baelon's ardour...

[OOC:

Lord Haig's Disposition towards Athelstan deteriorates to dislike. Ser Wyll Bracken's disposition is unmoved.

Side thread initiated for Lady Kerry's intrigue:

viewtopic.php?f=173&
t=1841
]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:12 pm

Trelane rode his palfrey alongside Loreia. He seemed completely at ease in the hunt

"
My Lord Drakeson, if I may interject for ..."
Trelane is unsure what to call Loreia, "
the good Lady Loreia, there is never any harm building up good relations with your neighbours, lest there is the chance of a blade in the back."

His eyes danced as he saw Lady Kerry Bracken, noting her form, but also some curiousity at her blatent attempts of flirting with Lord Drakeson.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:33 pm

Luecian LongBow wrote:Luecian prowls around the forest making all efforts to be as silent as possible. Due to his previous hunts, he had gained a measure of familiarity with some of their surroundings. Spotting a cache of shadowcat tracks near an isolated stream bed, he notes the number of tracks plus their condition and direction. Hmmn, strange there be some many tracks for one beast. Either this be an active sucker or we may be dealing with two big cats. He begins to follow the most recent tracks, surely and silently.

Well over an hour passes as he follows the tracks aimlessly with little luck but finally he spots some dark movement to his right. Making sure to stay well hidden, he watches as soon the shadowcat stalks and pounces on a lost fawn. The fawn was easy prey for the beast as would be expected, more unexpectedly soon after an arrow flies fast and strong through the air striking the predator true. A second arrow flies towards the beast and this time Luecian is able to track the arrow's origin and the slight figure holding a bow. He watches surprised and disappointed that another had found the beast but stayed hidden as there was still something about the tracks he found that bothered him.

The victorious hunter approached their kill clearly full of overwhelming pride and begin to triumphantly remove its claws. In that effort their hood fell down, revealing the face of Lady Corrine to Luecian's surprise. Well damn, thats the lady archer from the riverrun tourney. He grudgingly acknowledges her skill to himself. Interrupted from his thoughts by her yelling, Luecian heard a few slight noises indicating movement but he couldn't spot their source. He watched a few moments later in total surprise as a second larger shadowcat ambushed the lady hunter, pouncing on her in a much similar manner as its mate to the fawn. His training overcoming his surprise he knocked an arrow, and let it fly as quickly as he could. Having been the target of a shadowcat attack previously, he knew how much damage they could do in the briefest time. He reached for a second arrow as he watched the first arrow strike the big cat a few moments before it impacted with Lady Corrine, the arrow having changed the angle of its attack enough for the lady hunter to wiggle mostly out of lethal harms way. He watched the cat adjust to his landing and continue towards the lady, before taking careful aim with his second arrow and launching it airborne. It strikes true and deadly,but still the shadowcat takes the remaining steps towards the Lady but finally collapses on top of her, nearly covering her entirely.

Luecian steps into the clearing concerned and calls out 'Be ye okay m'lady? That was surely a fright."
He walks closer to help her up, hoping that her close encounter didn't leave such a beautiful face with the same lasting token that his own did. No lady be deservin a face with such marks as mine, specially not one that seemed so kind. Holding his breath, he tugged the dead beast off Lady Corrine revealing her untouched and regal face, with a few scratches on her arms but little apparent serious damage other than her shaken nerves.

"
Luecian! Thank the Gods you were nearby!"
Corrine exclaims in disbelief, clearly shaken, holding his forearms tightly as he hoists her to her feet. Her arms and face have a few minor briar scratches, and her left shin has a slight scratch from the shadowcat's initial glancing blow, but she is otherwise unharmed.

"
I owe you my life, ser."

She glances at the dead beast, next to it's smaller, lighter-furred counterpart.

"
I thought there was but one of them."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:51 pm

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:Trelane rode his palfrey alongside Loreia. He seemed completely at ease in the hunt

"
My Lord Drakeson, if I may interject for ..."
Trelane is unsure what to call Loreia, "
the good Lady Loreia, there is never any harm building up good relations with your neighbours, lest there is the chance of a blade in the back."

His eyes danced as he saw Lady Kerry Bracken, noting her form, but also some curiousity at her blatent attempts of flirting with Lord Drakeson.
Continued here: viewtopic.php?f=173&
t=1841
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:51 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:
"
Corrine exclaims in disbelief, clearly shaken, holding his forearms tightly as he hoists her to her feet. Her arms and face have a few minor briar scratches, and her left shin has a slight scratch from the shadowcat's initial glancing blow, but she is otherwise unharmed.

"
I owe you my life, ser."

She glances at the dead beast, next to it's smaller, lighter-furred counterpart.

"
After helping her up to her feet, he gives an unpracticed yet graceful bow to her words. He smiles at her wearily.
"
Trust me m'lady I feel quite relieved to have been nearby meself. Me own eyes were uncertain from their tracks if there be one or possibly more lurking about. All things considered you did quite well today m'lady. But the wilds have away of humbling a man, or woman for that matter, just when you feel brimming with such confidence. Lucky you had a mite bit more of the seven's luck today then I had in me own ambush by a shadowcat. No doubt you be noticin these dashing marks of affection the she-cat left me to remember her by, I had them not the last time we spoke. Let me tell you the story as we wait for the others to find us, surely they be on the way from your yell."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:02 am

Luecian LongBow wrote:
Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:
"

"
I owe you my life, ser."

"
After helping her up to her feet, he gives an unpracticed yet graceful bow to her words. He smiles at her wearily.
"
Trust me m'lady I feel quite relieved to have been nearby meself. Me own eyes were uncertain from their tracks if there be one or possibly more lurking about. All things considered you did quite well today m'lady. But the wilds have away of humbling a man, or woman for that matter, just when you feel brimming with such confidence. Lucky you had a mite bit more of the seven's luck today then I had in me own ambush by a shadowcat. No doubt you be noticin these dashing marks of affection the she-cat left me to remember her by, I had them not the last time we spoke. Let me tell you the story as we wait for the others to find us, surely they be on the way from your yell."

She smiles gratefully;

"
You are indeed an intriguing man, Luecian. Alright. Now that we're safe, I believe, I'll hear your tale while we gut the beasts. It'll help me get my heart out of my mouth,"
she tells him, somewhat confidentially, with a deep breath, her pulse still racing.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:44 am

No more waiting! Hunt, hunt, hunt!

Early Afternoon
Jorah's cohort [url=Trelane hunts, TN9][/url]: 3d6 10
Loreia, Coordinating for Baelon [url=Coordinate for Baelon, Hunting EA][/url]: 4d6 16
Badger, assisted by Baelon [url=Hunting assisted by Baelon, EA][/url]: 4d6k3 11
+4 Baelon&
Loreia = 15!
Damn, I forgot to declare it. We talked about it in our forum though, our plan was to aim for boar. Let us off, just this once?

Before Baelon rides off, he obtains a sample a pelt from Lord Haig to assist him, the pelt of a boar caught by one of their trappers the day before. With Loreia backing him, Baelon relies on her hound to act as a pointer, having him identify the smell of boar hide. Soon they come across one grazing in sparse woods. With a click and a whisper, Loreia orders her hound to circle their prey.

Once opposite them, Badger creeps up on the boar and stares it down. When she's close enough to see her hound, Loreia points aggressively, and Badger startles the boar with aggressive barking and frantic movement. The boar turns and blunders into the two hunters who, equipped with spears on loan from the Coldbrook trappers, skewer it as it attempts to gore them. One spear becomes lodged in the beast, crippling it, and from that point the pair have no trouble giving chase after mounting their steeds. As it tires, they dismount and put an end to the creature with sword and spear.

"
Good boy!"
Loreia bends down to cradle her dog with love and give it a piece of pork. "
Tomorrow you'll be gettin' boar scraps, huh? Don't that sound scrumptious?"

In about as much time, Trelane returns with a sack over his shoulder, containing the rabbits he caught.

Hunting points at: 4
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:55 pm

Trelane was used to hunts like these and was far better than many of his peers and quicker of eye, able to spot fast moving little creatures. As such, he was able to return with a few rabbits looking as poised and well dressed as when he started.

"
Well, this should make a fine accompaniment to dinner. I hope we have a fine cook to prepare them for us."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:37 pm

Kevan had never been a hunter. He had learned how to read tracks, a skill his master insisted he'd learned when he was a squire, although it was a testament to the man's insistence, that Kevan had learned at least that. Though when it came to sneaking, even the old man could not make him at least passable at it and so, Kevan had never bothered much to head out with the Marsten's hunters.

Nevertheless, he took the opportunity to participate in House Bracken's event. Partly, because the stories of Luecian had inspired him, but mainly, because it was the perfect opportunity to spend a couple of hourse by himself, out in the woods, an opportunity to reminisce about all that had happened since the Tourney at the Riverruns, his Lady wife Sofia, his son or only her son?

And so it was, that he was almost as startled as the deer, when he saw it, as he was too lost in thoughts to pay attention. Though his reflexes were as quick as ever, he lifted the bow and thanks to the close proximity of his target, he managed to hit it fatally. It was not a clean kill, Master Luecian would probably have looked at him with disgust, but he wasn't here, no doubt searching the shadow cat that would provide material for further stories...

But the afternoon was not over for Kevan. He was kneeling over his prey, preparing the deer to take it back with him, for the owner of the Green Door Inn would surely appreciate a restocking of his meat supply, when he heard something. It was coming from the clearing behind him. He turned around to locate the source. It was just in time to see a huge boar passing through the clearing. Some other hunters must have already roused the animal as it was clearly in attacking mode. Kevan's hand jerked to his left, where he had leaned his spear on a dead trunk.He stood up as the animal turned around focusing on the movements coming from the knight. The boar charged. Kevan raised his spear and prepared for the impact. A spear, not a bow, hold steady, aim...
Kevan got pushed back several steps, as the animal speared itself on the knight's weapon, but he had aimed perfectly and the boar died instantly...

Rolls
[url=Hunt (TN12)][/url]: 3d6 14: 2 points
[url=Hunt (TN12)][/url]: 3d6 9: 0 points
[url=Hunt (TN15)][/url]: 3d6 17: 3 points
(Wow, Orokos, I'd kiss you if you weren't a website Surprised )
-->
5 Points and 10xp to hunt specialty (can this be invested now, or after Story 2?)

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next