Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D2, All afternoon] - Lord Haig's ill-timed hunt...

+9
Kevan Lyras
Ser Jorah Holt
Loreia
Luecian LongBow
Theomore Tullison
Athelstan
Yoren longshore
Lady Corrine Marsten
Reader
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[D2, All afternoon] - Lord Haig's ill-timed hunt... - Page 2 Empty Re: [D2, All afternoon] - Lord Haig's ill-timed hunt...

Post by Reader Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:51 pm

[OOC: I'll allow earned survival dice to be allocated immediately (well, technically at the start of D3 to avoid disadvantaging those who rolled survival for D2 investigations already), in line with similar spot awards from Story 1]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D2, All afternoon] - Lord Haig's ill-timed hunt... - Page 2 Empty Re: [D2, All afternoon] - Lord Haig's ill-timed hunt...

Post by Loreia Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:15 pm

Mid Afternoon
Coordinate: [url=Coordinate Baelon's assist - Mid Afternoon Hunt][/url]: 4d6 9 +2 to Baelon's assist
Badger: [url=Hunt Stag TN15, Mid Afternoon][/url]: 4d6k3 12
+3 = 15
Trelane: [url=TN9 Hunt MA - proper difficulty and dice][/url]: 3d6 10

* - Flavor roll: [url=Animal Handling TN12 - watch out 4 traps][/url]: 5d6k4 16

Loreia and Baelon borrow some leghold traps from the Coldbrook trappers, who deign to explain how to set them. After half an hour setting the traps, *taking extraordinary care that Badger knows what they are and what they'll do if he steps in them, Loreia and Baelon set them up in a small clearing, bait them and wait. An hour passes before anything is curious enough to approach the obvious danger zone, and with a metal snap, a distressed and agonizing keening of a stag makes everything within a few leagues aware of its presence. Unfortunately, Loreia and Baelon lose sight of the fleeing animal. Loreia puts Badger on the scent, and for roughly a minute or two, they follow the hound as he smells it out. At Loreia's bidding, Badger outruns the stag and, after several attempts, latches onto its neck to bring it down. Its throat rips in his jaws, and it dies quickly but painfully from a combination of strangulation and blood loss. Not how people prefer to hunt, but it worked.

Baelon stays behind to guard the carcass while Loreia returns to the site of their traps to disarm each one - by activating them with sticks. During this, Trelane returns and helps her by disarming them properly. Loreia pats him on the back for his continued success in hunting small game, this time catching some waterfowl. "
Rabbits, duck, well done. If you have the patience for fish, we'll have ourselves a neat little variety for all to choose from."

She seems to enjoy this distraction, when she's with the people actually catching something, and especially when her dog outperforms the trappers from House Coldbrook - whom she's had the opportunity to observe hard at work north around Thenn and the Haunted Forest.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:14 pm

Late Afternoon

Lest he be thought of as a man unable to control his own appetites (though perhaps that ship has sailed), Baelon consents to Lady Kerry Bracken joining the Coldbrook hunting party.

Once they enter the forest, though, he puts some distance between them - for the sake of his marriage and his sanity.
"
Lady Kerry, if you wouldn't mind showing our young companion here..."
he gestures to Trelane "
...where to best place his snares? Loreia and I are after boar, and I could not live with myself if I put you in a position to be gored."

Upon receiving the dangerous Bracken's grudging agreement, Baelon and Loreia proceed deeper into the woods.
A short ways off, Baelon quietly sighs in relief. "
Much more of that and I might have been the one to gore her."
He says, softly.
"
Come, I've got a terrible urge to spear something."

Support Mechanics:
Baelon's assist: +1 to Badger
Kerry Bracken's assist: +1 to Trelane
Loreia's [url=Coordinate][/url]: 4d6 16 2 DoS, +3 to Badger

Hunting Tests:
Badger: [url=Hunting Late Afternoon, TN15][/url]: 4d6k3 13 +4 = 17
Trelane: [url=survival LA - Hunt rabbit][/url]: 3d6+1 12

Coldbrook Hunt Results
3 x TN9 successes = 3 points
3 x TN15 success = 9 points
Total: 12 points
Rewards:
2 glory (1 each Coldbrook and Drakeson)
+10xp on Survival/specialty (awarded to Badger the superdog for his outstanding performance - far better than his two-legged minions)

OOC: Mea culpa! I forgot that Loreia asked me to do the last hunt summary.
How to get around a writers block on dog-centric hunting scenes? Unsubtle innuendo and barely concealed sexual frustration!
To be clear these rolls were made by the respective players and posted in a private forum some time ago, and Reader was aware of the results. Only the public presentation was delayed.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:53 pm

(OOC- Trying to tally the final take for Luecian but uncertain as this Hunt turned out a bit different from the first one. Is there only winner of the highest score or one for party and one for character? I've got 2 glory and 10xp not certain on the below)
Reader wrote:
Consequences
The highest score character/party = 1 glory, 10 gold dragons and Lord Haig Bracken's disposition improves by one step.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:56 pm

[ooc]House Bracken is still to roll, but you got the highest more than likely as it's your specialty Smile and well earned. I believe it's 2 Glory and 10 gd, but wait for Reader final ruling, he will post the winners and who wins what.[/ooc]

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:57 pm

(ooc-ok no rush, I wasn't certain if we tallied our own as Baelon did above. Smile )
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:41 am

[OOC: I did in part to make Reader's job a bit easier, and also in part because there were no competitive or disputable aspects to our tally - no matter how good anyone else does on the hunt, 12 points yields 2 glory and 10xp, and we had already discussed internally how those would be distributed.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:50 pm

[OOC: anyone who tallies this for me wins a cookie! Please list all the PCs to ensure accuracy.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:06 pm

Reader wrote:An ill-timed hunt...
Lord Haig Bracken is a man with a taste for battle and the hunt. Despite the delicate political situation, he insists on inviting his guests to a hunt…

Participants
Characters can work together or individually.

Challenges:
Survival (Hunt) at a pre-declared TN, note this in Orokos. You may make one roll for each afternoon slot dedicated to hunting.
TN 9 – 1 point: Fish, rabbit or game birds.
TN 12 – 2 points: Deer.
TN 15 – 3 points: Boar or stag.
TN 18 – 5 points: The Silver Shadowcat [only the highest score succeeding at TN 18 can capture the Silver Shadowcat – others are left empty handed]

Consequences
Every six points earned by a house party = 1 Glory
The highest score character/party = 1 glory, 10 gold dragons and Lord Haig Bracken's disposition improves by one step.
The Silver Shadowcat = 1 Glory. House Bracken keeps the meat, bones and head, but the pelt goes to the man or woman who conquers the wily old shadowcat.
Critical failure = injury as you twist an ankle or are hurt by your quarry as it fights back.
Five points or more for a party - 10xp to spend towards survival or a survival speciality

players
Corrine: shadowcat 5pts (one glory+pelt) I Didn't see her other rolls.
Yoren 2 game birds 2 pts
Luceian: stag+boar 6 pts shadowcat (one glory+ pelt) 10 xp towards survival
Trelane: 3 fishes 3 pts
Loreia+Baelon;
3 Boars 9 pts Badger + 10 xp to survival
Kevan: one deer and one Boar 5 pts 10 xp on survival
houses
Marstens 2 glory (1 corrines shadowcat and 1 for 8 pts from Corrine.)
Drakeson/coldbrook 1 glory (9 pts)
Dulvers 2 glory (11 pts for one glory shadowcat for one additional)

Note, some have only used one attempt, is this a concious decision or should we ask them to make more?

Last edited by 145 on Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:05 pm; edited 3 times in total

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:12 pm

[ooc: I only did the one because I thought taking more than the shadowcat would seem greedy.]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:14 pm

Me and Corrine are no party for this event. I aimed for the 10xp which I wouldnt get if we were a party, which is why I entered separately

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:16 pm

[OOC: thanks Yoren. You're MVP so far. I should probably set up a deadman's switch that sends all my word documents and spreadsheet to Yoren if i die.

Corrine, you're very welcome to make your remaining rolls if desired using the marksmanship destiny substitution you paid for if you want to show what women can do and earn some glory! You too unlock 10xp for Survival specialities]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:20 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:Me and Corrine are no party for this event. I aimed for the 10xp which I wouldnt get if we were a party, which is why I entered separately
You are noted as separate parties in the pc block. However, you are both Marstens, so i noted you down as the same house. If you wish i may change yours to Lyras? If you want to keep a separate tally?
Reader wrote:[OOC: thanks Yoren. You're MVP so far. I should probably set up a deadman's switch that sends all my word documents and spreadsheet to Yoren if i die.

Corrine, you're very welcome to make your remaining rolls if desired using the marksmanship destiny substitution you paid for if you want to show what women can do and earn some glory! You too unlock 10xp for Survival specialities]
Be carefull, I'm intrigued by the plot, i may just activate the switch myself Twisted Evil

* note: Obviously i do not in any shape size or form endorce GM killing :;
):

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:36 pm

Reader wrote:[OOC: thanks Yoren. You're MVP so far. I should probably set up a deadman's switch that sends all my word documents and spreadsheet to Yoren if i die.

Thanks! Will do a couple more then. I've been overly cautious with my timeslots anyway.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:39 pm

[Beautiful father/son scene as the Brackens hunt, aided by Athelstan thanks to his intrigue/destiny point spend [url=Hunting][/url]: 6#4d6k3+1 14 15 12 14 15 14

- Athelstan earns a posthumous destiny point, claimed by House Longshore]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:41 pm

[ooc: Add another 3 points for Corrine. Narration updated.]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:48 pm

[+1 glory to Corrine plus the 10 bonus survival xp. Glad to see pheasants and a deer join the pot!

This is as much notable for being a second martial exploit by Corrine to follow her tourney showing - this may be useful politically for the Blacks.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:49 pm

Reader wrote:[+1 glory to Corrine plus the 10 bonus survival xp. Glad to see pheasants and a deer join the pot!

This is as much notable for being a second martial exploit by Corrine to follow her tourney showing - this may be useful politically for the Blacks.]

The fair face of the proto-feminist revolution. :;
):
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:57 pm

You are noted as separate parties in the pc block. However, you are both Marstens, so i noted you down as the same house. If you wish i may change yours to Lyras? If you want to keep a separate tally?

My comment was directed at the fact that you wrote +10 points ->
+1 glory to Marsten (for having more than 6 pts) which I would think we would not receive being to different hunting parties? (Correct me if I am wrong)

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:03 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:

My comment was directed at the fact that you wrote +10 points ->
+1 glory to Marsten (for having more than 6 pts) which I would think we would not receive being to different hunting parties? (Correct me if I am wrong)
You are completely correct, I beg you pardon, I read house for some reason not house party Embarassed

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:35 pm

trelane adds to coldbrook total

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:41 pm

Doesn't really matter, as he only got 3 pts.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:20 pm

It does matter, puts us at 12, one point above House Dulver - and thus the recipients of the 1 glory, 10gd, and disposition increase.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:20 am

Baelon wrote:It does matter, puts us at 12, one point above House Dulver - and thus the recipients of the 1 glory, 10gd, and disposition increase.

[OOC: narrator fiat gives it to both of you. I'm in a giving mood - we got a dramatic resolution to a difficult scene and (touch wood) my funds have had a good week]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamys Rivers Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:25 am

Despite having virtually no talent in the area of hunting, Jamys is keen to try his luck, and spends the entire afternoon hunting.

Early Afternoon: [url=Hunting 1][/url]: 2d6 10
Mid Afternoon: [url=Hunt 2][/url]: 2d6 5
Late Afternoon: [url=Hunt 3][/url]: 2d6 8

[OOC - Drat. I just reread the rules and realized we were meant to declare which we were trying to catch for each roll. What would you like me to do? It's not as if I had any chance at anything above the one pointer given I have survival 2, so I would have probably just declared he was going for the TN 9. I leave it to the narrator's discretion.]

Jamys Rivers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next