Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D3 ME]In the memory of the sea wyrm[Closed]

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[D3 ME]In the memory of the sea wyrm[Closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: [D3 ME]In the memory of the sea wyrm[Closed]

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:38 pm

"
That is a good question"
One Theomore had given a certain amount of thought. "
And not one with an easy answer I fear."

"
There are two branches of the royal family, each positioning themselves for attack, and unless all members of one branch were to suddenly perish before his grace does, there will be a war. And no man alive has seen nothing quite so terrible as what is to come."

"
Ideally, it would not be fought in the Riverlands, that is wishing for too much I fear, but if the riverlords could stand united, then our odds of avoiding the worst of the carnage would improve considerably, I think. If we could keep the infighting to a minimum, we need only fear that which comes from the outside."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

[D3 ME]In the memory of the sea wyrm[Closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: [D3 ME]In the memory of the sea wyrm[Closed]

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:08 pm

Yoren lowers his voice considerably talking of these issues. Although it was a perfectly reasonable conversation to have, you never knew who listened.
"
Uniting the riverlands? You said yourself that a peace between Blackwoods and Brackens wouldn't last. A mysterious perishing of half of the Targaryens would be more likely than that. I cannot see how it would work. Don't get me wrong;
I'd like to keep infighting from happening too, and if you have an idea on how to do so, I'll try to help."

Lowering his voice further he adds: "
Do you see a way to unite the riverlords? Is illicit dealings a part of your plan?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:18 pm

"
There will always be some truculent house that hopes to gain by siding with something else than his liege."
Theomore shrugs. "
Intriguingly, the only way to forge a peace between Blackwood and Bracken that will last for at least a generation is to force both to fight for the same side against an external enemy, though preferably not in the same army."

"
I imagine that for there to be hope of my dreams, his grace needs to outlive Lord Gorman, though both men are of an age where you might as well flip a coin to predict if this will occur."

"
The only thing that is certain is that the armies of the North and the Vale will march through the neck and the bloody gate and through the Riverlands in order to find their opponents. They might find them here, houses that flies the green banner, or they must march to the south or to the west, I would much prefer the latter."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:58 pm

Yoren chuckles at the last comment: "
You can't use that reasoning to win over blacks. That argument could just as easily be turned on its head. Lannisters, crownlanders and reachmen coming through our lands to battle the Starks and Arryns is no less of a threat."

Holding both of his hands with palms towards Theomore in a non-threatening fashion he explains his own house's position..
"
My house has survived through the generations by being studiously neutral. If we shall have any chance of survival we'll need to stay that way. I merely advice you to change that rhetoric slightly."

"
Gormans passing is something a lot of people await, as it will change the affiliation of all of house Tully. If he were to pass, I feel that that may be a pivotal moment for any conflict... Mayhaps weighing the cointoss could be a good idea for a fervent black supporter?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:20 pm

"
The Reach is as divided as the Riverlands are now, only that the Tyrells are so overshadowed by their vassals at Oldtown that there is no uniting power, and who knows where the Stormlands will swing? Not to mention High Tide and Dragonstone"
Theomore doesn't seem to unfazed. "
It is a fool's hope that we might avoid a fight in the Riverlands, though perhaps it might be possible to keep it at our borders if we do not fight one another?"
he sighs. "
Would that they simply lined up their dragons and settled it by one fierce duel in the sky."

"
And even if House Longshore wishes to avoid taking sides, does that mean you would be unwilling to assist in the prevention of infighting in the Riverlands? Surely, you might have need of someone to speak up for you the next time House Mallister decides it could improve it's position by driving the last descendants of Black Harren's reign back into the sea, believing that they can get away with it?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:53 pm

"
I'd like to marry into the Mallisters, and end that conflict. Obviously staying neutral has its drawbacks, but by declaring for either party we will open ourselves for strikes. We're surrounded by enemies, unfortunately. Neither me nor Ferris can afford that. My people have higher priority than the colouring of a lady dress in Kings Landing. We cannot try to stifle infighting. We couldn't even bring units here, if people see Longshores in the riverlands they will see red. Bracken and Blackwood will cast aside their enmity just to throw us out into the ocean."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:57 am

"
Marry into the Mallisters?"
Theomore raises an eyebrow. "
Securing such a betrothal sounds like an endeavor as difficult as the one we are facing here."
They were as like to burn Yoren's letter, perhaps the messenger with it, as to actually consider it's contents, that was for sure. But had he found the Longshorian pressure point? At least this had the smell of an opportunity, and there was only one thing to do when an opportunity presents itself "
One, I think, you would be well served in having an ally that Lord Petyr considers to be a friend to broach the idea to him."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:22 am

"
That would be an advantage indeed."
Yoren looks at Theomore expectantly, waiting for him to make the proposal.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:30 pm

"
Well, if I might take the liberty of assumption, I want to reach a settlement here that furthers my hope of minimizing the blood and fire that the Riverlands will see in the times to come, and you are able to assist my efforts in making this happen."
Theomore looks right back, his hands lying open before him on the table. "
While you wish to reach a settlement with the Mallisters that ends the quarrel between you, and I am able to assist your efforts in making this happen."

"
Seems to me that there is fertile soil to work with here."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:42 pm

"
Fertile soil it is. Peace is a good idea and I am more than willing to help you. I think the first order of the day would be the Bpackwood Bracken feud. If they can stop their enmity then all houses can. If you could arrange a marriage between me and a Mallister, I'd be much obliged."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:06 pm

"
Let us not get too carried away."
Theomore stifles a chuckle. "
If we can make the Brackens and Blackwoods to stop their enmity, then I can make myself king of westeros."

"
What we can do is to put an end to this round of fighting and make sure it will stay that way for another generation. I imagine they will find themselves on opposite sides in a large war between certain others, and putting out the fires of that one around these parts is likely to take longer than elsewhere, but otherwise, a generation of tranquility I believe we can manage. This could perhaps be accomplished in full if all the Riverlands were to unite behind Riverrun. They may hate each other, but not suicidal."
Now there's a good idea, and a good argument for marching forward.

"
To make that happen, I believe it would be best if those who wish to follow the expressed will of his grace were to gain a victory here, however small and insignificant as it might be, a victory is still a victory in the minds of men."
Even if it hardly made any difference in the great scheme of things, but where the facts on the ground are that the impact what would happen here is little and less, that may not be quite true as far as the political momentum goes. "
That is what I hope to accomplish here. Aid me in this, and I shall do my very best to aid you in forging the peace with Seagard that you seek."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:03 pm

"
I respect your steadfastness, but I will not sacrifice the safety of my smallfolk for a woman I've never even met. This is no clear cut case, and unless it is resolved by a great council of the lords, I want no part in it. I'd appreciate any help you give me, but the realm should not get torn apart by schemers in kings landing. I am willing to sue for peace, but if war comes I will have to conserve the smallfolk first and foremost."

Yoren gives an apologetic smile to try to soften his words.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:17 pm

"
Oh, I am not asking you to pledge your house to her cause."
Though Theomore has a feeling that the Mallisters very well might do just that if they would put the offer up for consideration at all. "
Only to help further it this particular week."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:37 pm

"
I will obviously stay within the truth, however, peace is a major concern, and a uniform peace treaty would be good for everyone."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:07 pm

"
We have been tasked with finding those who have breached the king's peace, and then to deliver the king's justice to them."
Theomore replies quickly. "
The first requires us to find the truth, the second is to apply our best judgement as to what will best serve the restoration of peace."

"
I see no contradiction between what we want."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:32 pm

"
No contradiction indeed. We just need to find all the truth first. Tomorrow we will present the evidence you found, together with the rest, and after that the justice will start, and here we can help each other."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2