Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Epilogue] They see you(little children) [Open]

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Epilogue] They see you(little children) [Open] Empty [Epilogue] They see you(little children) [Open]

Post by Loreia Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:29 pm

Within the shattered Sept of Battle Valley

Faintly flickering within and beyond the dull mirror of steel, the fire's reflection illuminates and ignites the spark in her eyes as she opens them to gaze upon the shrine her sword leans against. Instead, she finds herself gazing into the fire in the intangible realm beyond. Her attention was not enough for it. Oh how it longed for her touch, that she might part the pathetically thin and feeble veil to step through from her world into the one beyond, to reach out and feel the warmth of its glow, let it kiss her. Let it kiss her all over, again, and again, until there was nothing left of either of them but each other, one with each other in the fumes it expels endlessly throughout the night.

But to her it was little more than a fixed point, something to settle her restful eyes upon, glazing over as her mind wanders and conjures the sound and presence of overlords in the sky, looking down upon her but never seeing, listening but never speaking. Foolish darling, there is only one true god in this world. I am only one of His many avatars.

Her eyes close. A faint sound comes to her now, speaking with a voice without a throat, unseen, unheard.

Why do you listen to sounds that aren't really there? the fire asks. To a wind that does not howl?

The voice comes again, a soft murmuring chanting her name like parents who can say nothing but her name, so great is their pride.

They aren't really there. Your wise men push stones together, mold them into pillars, speaking while holding up musty parchment before them, sparking to life fair-smelling sticks and wicks on pillars of wax, setting my passion for you aflame. Setting me aflame. Apart from you, I am the only living thing in here!

Loreia, Shieldmaiden, beloved daughter, cherished maiden, loyal sister...

The fire hisses, but speaks no more.

Shieldmaiden...Loreia... Loreia!

Loreia lifts her head at the sound of someone calling her name. She is greeted only by the cracked rubble of the shattered shrine to the Warrior, ever vigilant even in ruin.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

[Epilogue] They see you(little children) [Open] Empty Re: [Epilogue] They see you(little children) [Open]

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:01 pm

In silence Yoren enters. Realising the significance of this occasion he does not wish to squander it with unnecessary words. This was the shieldmaidens occasion, he would let her decide if she wished to spend it in silence or in talk.

Yoren simply settles, crosslegged, on the floor next to Loreia.
He meticulously avoids staring into the fire, if the fire wished to speak to Loreia, it would not be seemly for Yoren to pry.

Instead, Yoren tries to just be a part of Loreias surrounding, just someone happy to watch a friend get a bit of good fortune.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

[Epilogue] They see you(little children) [Open] Empty Re: [Epilogue] They see you(little children) [Open]

Post by Loreia Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:39 pm

Within the blade's reflection, the candles' flames flicker at Yoren's passing, from the slight draft created by his motions, the kind small creatures, such as insects, might take notice of. Soft, mindful steps alert her to his presence. Looking sidelong at him as he chooses a relaxed position to sit, she bows her head curtly.

"
Lord Yoren, good ev'ning. 'Ow are you this night?"
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:19 pm

Yoren feels the fires glows enticingly, but he makes sure not to pry on the fires meant for Loreia. As Loreia talks he glances at her. Although it is a strange ritual, he admires her patience to sit through it all.

"
Good evening Loreia... I just came to see how you were doing, it's not everynight one gets knighted."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:31 pm

[The fires are from candles, Yoren.]

She smiles. "
No, it's not. Through patience, deeds, and great faith, I've finally been noticed. I feel...full of hope. My prayers've mostly been of thanks. The gods deserve it a hundred fold."
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:02 pm

"
Remember to thank your gods well, who knows how many times they will be needed in the times to come?"
Yoren warns Loreia mildly.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:18 am

"
True enough. This's been an uphill fight, and it won't end in a sept with someone tappin' my sides with a sword."

"
Speakin' of, people're already spreadin' word of the betrothal between your sister, Lady Alya, an' Lord Redwain. I'm curious what this means for you an' your house."
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:40 am

"
As long as they only tap you with the sword it can't hurt. However, as you gain reknown you'll also gain enemies, and they might want to use their swords in a more savage fashion. Especially in war you will be a prime target, where some might want to kill you for just being yourself."

"
I moved Alya for much the same reason. She needs to get to a new place, see new things, do new things. Her mind is rotting when all she does is spending time in a small keep, surrounded by water on most sides and nitwits on all sides."
Yoren shrugs: "
I figured that house Redwain is as good as any to send her to."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:32 am

Her voice direct, she asks, "
Are you and Lord Redwain to be allies, then? Which way does he lean in the conflict over succession?"
A bold line of questioning, especially for one prone to stumbling in courtly intrigue and propriety.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:22 pm

Baelon made it a point to arrive at the sept after Loreia, and would make it a point to leave before her in the morning.
He had is own sort of vigil to stand, one that he easily could have ordered someone else to perform for him, but he felt compelled to do it himself.

He was in his plate and armed with sword, shield, and valyrian steel dagger - a gift from the very man who would be knighting Loreia - and had positioned himself next to a nearby building, such that he could see people as they entered the sept, but he was hidden to them if they didn't look around too much. They would see him plain on exit, though.
The first female knight would draw a lot of ire, and possibly a lot of violence. Baelon would make sure that did not happen tonight.

He had seen Yoren approach and had thought about stopping him, but he did not seem to be the sort that would do violence to Loreia over this.
For that matter, even if he was as crazy as he sometimes seemed, Loreia could probably break him in two bare-handed... he wasn't really much of a threat to her.

Curious about what was being said between them, Baelon resisted the urge to go listen in. He had a mission to fulfill, and eavesdropping wasn't a part of that.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:16 pm

"
I must admit that i know little and less of Ereths political views, it seems to me that he will be wise about it, not disturb his people unless it is needed."
Yoren shrugs: "
Nothing wrong with sitting on the fence, especially before you know what is on either side."

"
You are a knight now, have you taken a stance?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:23 pm

"
I'm still part of House Coldbrook, sworn to the Warden of the North, who bends the knee to King Viserys. Where the Starks lead, House Coldbrook follows, and I follow."
She chuckles. "
I s'pose that's a fancy way of sayin' I haven't taken a side - not 'Green or Black', anyway. I've taken the side of House Coldbrook."

"
And which way does House Longshore lean, m'lord?"
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:04 pm

"
Neutrality, I suppose that is the luxury a knight can afford, though her liege can not."

Pausing, Yoren takes care to formulate himself in a way that would get his point across to the bluntest of people, but still did not incriminate anyone unduly.
"
I support the king and the law, and I find that green fields are what will keep my smallfolk fed and clothed."

Then he indicates towards the picture of the stranger and asks: "
Do you find it to be a calming or a disturbing image? I am not fond of all of these unknowns that surrounds us."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:45 pm

Loreia looks. "
Disturbing. They like to make sure, methinks. It's calm for some, I s'pose;
the old, people who welcome death when they deserve it. The Stranger carries us to our final rest - or to the seven hells. Death comes for all of us. Few live long enough to embrace it. A brown brother told me that."
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:04 pm

"
Death is the only certainty. For many the inevitable end is scary, but I quite like to think that when my body is released from it's earthly duties R'hllor will embrace my spirit. I like to have something that is clear, something that you know will come to pass. I like to think of death as I think of the sunset: Paving way to the glorious dawn the next day."

Yoren looks at Loreia: "
It was good seeing you become a knight. At least some dreams can be fufilled..."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:56 pm

She smiles at him. "
You can paint a pretty picture, at least. What do you dream of, milord?"

Perhaps it was something he dreamed of a long time ago. Perhaps it's not a dream she agrees with. Maybe it's a private dream and he won't tell her - she can't judge him for that. Be it any one of these things, she's walking right into his response without a clue.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:42 pm

"
I'm a dreamer. I dream of many things, and many of my dream will never be fufilled. I think of all that I have to do and I get paralysed in inaction, uncertain of what I should do first."

"
Right now I dream of nothing more complicated than to get home. To fell an oak, to figure out which colts should become geldings, to simply lay in the castle garden, reading some old texts. However, once I get home I will dream of action, of being an heroic knight, of sleeping under the clear sky, of fighting for a just cause."

To explain himself he adds: "
As I said I'm a dreamer, not a doer, I suppose that is what makes us different."
His mind keeps skipping onto different topics, and he suddenly asks: "
How was your childhood up north?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:47 pm

"
My child'ood? Same as other smallfolk."
She hesitates. Why, doesn't he know? Smallfolk starve, get sick, freeze in winter. "
An' boring. I didn' 'ave many friends, but I liked horses, so I took care of 'em to be around 'em often. Didn't know it'd be so messy. Later, I learned to ride. I like that more. Then I learnt to fight, an' I started makin' friends again. An' now, here I am."
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:34 pm

"
And then you had to leave bear island? Must be hard to leave it all behind... Have you ever considered returning?"
Yoren looks at Loreia.

"
It might be good for you to see it again."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:25 pm

There's a pause at the suggestion of returning. "
It wasn't hard to leave. Not at the time."
More pause. "
Mayhaps I will. There's not much there for me, though."
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:52 pm

"
There's always reasons to return, if not for anything else, then just to see how the place can return to normality."
Yoren smilingly adds: "
When I've gotten my own dog, you, me, badger and my dog can all leave to scout things out. Hm?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:29 pm

She chuckles. "
'Scout'? We won't be goin' into the unknown, milord."

"
You still need your own dog. You're the one's got reason to be wary, but don't worry, I'll protect you, on my honor as a knight."
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:10 pm

"
Scouting for landmarks is hardly needed on bear island, they have good maps of that place. However, the reason to go there would be the people, and I know of no map that has drawn them up for us. Such isolated a place is bound to have some interesting personalities, and who knows? You might meet people you know?"

Yoren looks at Loreia expectantly: "
Perhaps someone will even remember you?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:29 pm

"
Mayhaps. No one can know the future."
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:57 pm

"
Are you sure?"
Yoren queries mirthfully.

"
Anyway, I wish you luck in your vigil, let's hope all you will have to face in the future is boredom."
Yoren tells her as he gets to his feet.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next