Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Non-game Chat Thread

+27
Ser Walton Dulver
Aerion Storm
Jon Templeton
Tristayne Tullison
Darron Greyjoy
Kayden Douhon
Nathaniel Mason
Lady Vaelia Velaryon
Ser Fendrel Bartheld
Reader
Ayleth Bartheld
Davain Bartheld
Ser Alfred Haigh
Dyana Marsten
Yoren longshore
Kevan Lyras
Benedict Marsten
Ser Jasper Strongarm
Ser Jorah Holt
Ereth Redwain
Daveth Coldbrook
Loreia
Theomore Tullison
Baelon Drakeson
Septon Arlyn
Gwyneth Drakeson
Lady Corrine Marsten
31 posters

Page 23 of 29 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next

Go down

General Non-game Chat Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: General Non-game Chat Thread

Post by Aerion Storm Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:02 pm

Darron Greyjoy wrote:Don't know who he is but I can agree on this year can fuck off to oblivion lol.
He's the guy who did the old Lone Wolf books, like choose-your-own-adventure stuff? And some more recent Kickstarter products (same IP).

Pretty pivotal stuff to a lot of geeks.
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:03 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:I think I need to go check if Tim Curry is ok.

I think he's just a little brought down because, when you knocked, he thought you were the candy man.
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:18 pm

Always sad when the great minds who first spun the great worlds we escape in pass into the great beyond. But no matter what the seasons bring, we will endure them!

...Sorry, the music for the DA:I Trespasser DLC is playing through my headphones, heh.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:00 pm

"Null sweat chummer," Darron says. Heh. Heheh. I wasn't expecting to see that on here.
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:04 pm

I've never played Shadowrun, but I have messed around with creating a character. I'm part of a tight-knit group whom I am involved in a custom DnD campaign with right now, but some day...

I was thinking orc conjurer who had Goblinized later in his life.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:12 pm

Sounds solid. Smile Just be aware that Goblinization doesn't really happen too much by the mid/late 2070s. That was an earlier in the Awakening thing, mostly, when the mana was still spiking and (meta)humanity was still adjusting to it. Nowadays you tend to be born a certain metarace and stay that way; not saying it's impossible, just that it's rarer, so is likely to make you stick out a little bit. You might get some flak from righteous tuskers who have a chip on their shoulder about the smoothskin who's joined 'the family' later in life (and speaking of families, your actual parents and siblings might have some problems, depending on their situation and megacorp).

Is there a reason you're sticking with a conjurer/summoner in particular, instead of going full mage? In earlier editions "aspected magicians" like that were pretty strong -- folks who could only cast spells, or who could only summon spirits -- but SR5's Priority Chart has some wibbly-wobbly issues to it, and for the most part you're better off going full mage (plus, well, you're just so much more versatile, got more stuff to sink Karma into, more skills, and bring a whole lot more utility to a team). You could still cast comparatively subtle spells if you just wanted to be low key about it, and stick with kind of a "support" role, instead of flashy fireballs and stuff.
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Darron Greyjoy Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:23 pm

I think the last bout of goblinization was halley's comet. Sr5 aspected magicians are a complete joke you are just pound for pound better taking full magician and slapping on incompetent in whatever flavour of magic you don't like.
Darron Greyjoy
Darron Greyjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:24 pm

Uh, I like the idea of summoning fuck-off ethereal beasts? Laughing That right there is what I wanna be about. All of that, basically, but also to have a few spells up my sleeve for supporting the party. Maybe a gun too, I don't want to lean on a spirit too much that they break free, so Spirit Control ideally would be high.

See what I'm going with is an orc from an orc-human pairing who was a "human" child who would goblinize later, either the medical technology exists to predict this or it just happened suddenly (but not unexpectedly)?
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:29 pm

Yeah, so you'll want to be a full magician, then (to have access to both spellcasting and spirit manipulation). It's pretty easy to still get a lot of utility out of a character like that (sometimes maybe too much, compared to mundanes), so it's a solid start. And tossing on a little Pistols skill or Automatics or something is never a bad idea. "Geek the mage first" has been a truism for literally decades now, so while a gun is nice to have for back up, too, it's also nice to have some firepower on ya so you don't look like the mage. Wink Combined with a solid Orkish Body stat, you're off to a good start for a nice jack of all trades 'runner.

Anyways, don't mean to derail the thread or anything, but the shadow-slang caught me off guard. I thought I may've found a corner of the internet where I could escape the Sixth World, but alas, work will always find me.
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:20 am

Gwyneth Drakeson wrote:
Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:I think I need to go check if Tim Curry is ok.

I think he's just a little brought down because, when you knocked, he thought you were the candy man.

I love you, dear.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Darron Greyjoy Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:34 am

Aerion Storm wrote:Yeah, so you'll want to be a full magician, then (to have access to both spellcasting and spirit manipulation).  It's pretty easy to still get a lot of utility out of a character like that (sometimes maybe too much, compared to mundanes), so it's a solid start.  And tossing on a little Pistols skill or Automatics or something is never a bad idea.  "Geek the mage first" has been a truism for literally decades now, so while a gun is nice to have for back up, too, it's also nice to have some firepower on ya so you don't look like the mage.  Wink  Combined with a solid Orkish Body stat, you're off to a good start for a nice jack of all trades 'runner.

Anyways, don't mean to derail the thread or anything, but the shadow-slang caught me off guard.  I thought I may've found a corner of the internet where I could escape the Sixth World, but alas, work will always find me.  

I seen my chance after reading the intro you put up and I thought it was subtle enough lol.
Darron Greyjoy
Darron Greyjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:15 pm

If anyone is interested, GoG.com currently has Neverwinter Nights Diamond edition available free (DRM free too, I believe).

The offer is only good for another 15 hours or so.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:32 pm

Some accounts get NWN 2 Complete as well, for some reason. I noticed this when one of my accounts got both, but the other only got the first one.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Darron Greyjoy Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:01 pm

I think the only NWN game I played was mask of the betrayer. I enjoyed going around the map fighting random battles but just got bored with it after a couple of hours.
Darron Greyjoy
Darron Greyjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:02 pm

For those that are comfortable with modding, some clever soul used NWN to do a very good reskin of Baldur's Gate 2.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:12 pm

BG2 (and 1) is good as it is in enhanced edition in my opinion. I was little shocked by amount of added stuff, especially after checking some mods, but that's another story.

I've added NWN to my gog library (thanks for posting about that!)- as I'm steam person, I had to create account, but it's worth. I bought box versions of NWN 1 and 2 in past, but as most of my things it's gone... Anyway, in first one I remember that skill for warrior, which after killing opponent was granting you extra attack- fun, when surrounded by MANY weak opponents. One turn and they all are dead, one after another, falling like domino Twisted Evil Don't remember english name of it, though...
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:14 pm

NWN 2 was pretty cool. It might be fun to try it again sometime...though I still have the old CD ROMs somewhere.

NWN 1 I loved back in the day, but I can't see getting back into it now. Smile

Walton, I believe the word you're looking for is Cleave. Smile
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:22 pm

You can add non-Steam games to your Steam library. Wink
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:31 pm

yes, Gwyn- Great Cleave to be specific Very Happy

loved NWN2, finale was great. But when I launched Mask of Betrayer, it pushed me away, that wasn't what I expected and wanted. But I'm generally not fan of planes, implementing gods, demigods and shit like that into games, books and whatever else comes to mind...

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:You can add non-Steam games to your Steam library. Wink

Does it do anything except adding game to list on Steam? I'm rather single player person, so it shouldn't really matter, right?
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:43 pm

It's not essential, but it lets you collate and launch non-Steam games through the Steam client. I like to do it so all my games can be listed in one place and launched from there. It's not for everyone, but I personally find it neater than having 3 separate game clients.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:29 pm

I'm generally a steam guy as well, but launch my GoG games (three of them now, all of which were free or gifted) as stand-alone. I just do it the old-school way and have a folder of games shortcuts on my desktop. Even my steam games have shortcuts in there. Just an old habit, I guess.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:31 pm

I'm way too lazy for that. The only external shortcut I have is my heavily modded Skyrim installation.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:57 am

Hi there, I'm back. Is there a possibility for me to play again? Is Raynald still alive?
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:59 am

Ser Raynald Dulver wrote:Hi there, I'm back. Is there a possibility for me to play again? Is Raynald still alive?

I think he's still alive.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:01 am

Two! TWO psychotic Dulvers!

Ah ah ah!

*thunderclap*

Kidding of course. Smile Welcome back!
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson