Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Day 4, all afternoon) The joust (now complete!)

+12
Kevan Lyras
Theomore Tullison
Dunstan Tullison
Athelstan
Gwyneth Drakeson
Lady Corrine Marsten
Baelon Drakeson
Benedict Marsten
Ser Fendrel Bartheld
Ser Jorah Holt
Dyana Marsten
Reader
16 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

(Day 4, all afternoon) The joust (now complete!) - Page 2 Empty Re: (Day 4, all afternoon) The joust

Post by Reader Sat May 09, 2015 2:46 pm

First post updated - Athelstan gets Lord Tullison's displaced opponent and you draw a knight from the West.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

(Day 4, all afternoon) The joust (now complete!) - Page 2 Empty Re: (Day 4, all afternoon) The joust

Post by Athelstan Sat May 09, 2015 3:02 pm

Can I have a name to the displaced opponent, other than just put Some Tullison as place holder in the thread?

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat May 09, 2015 3:03 pm

First post was updated as it notes above - is it not showing your opponent on your screen?
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat May 09, 2015 3:06 pm

By the seven you lot are bloodthirsy. A broken arm and a maiming already? Shocked
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Sat May 09, 2015 3:08 pm

(See why Gwyn doesn't go to these things? Shocked )
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat May 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Considering how heavy a hit that was, a simple knock down seemed not enough. Least there were no permanent consequences for him.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat May 09, 2015 3:38 pm

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:Considering how heavy a hit that was, a simple knock down seemed not enough. Least there were no permanent consequences for him.
If that arm heals correctly, at least.

Seriously though, someone with only 2 AH and 0 Ride dice has no business being in a joust - he got off easy. :;
):
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat May 09, 2015 3:41 pm

yeah, considering the Coldbrook history, Jorah killing somebody in the joust would have been on the nose though.

That guy should not have been there;
lamb to the slaughter

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat May 09, 2015 3:49 pm

He's only 1B in ride worse than the average knight. Crying or Very sad

High standards here! Stronger NPCs coming in later rounds, but there need to be poor/average riders to reflect the world properly. Many of you lot are "
House Champion"
quality, albeit I don't think we've got any true Tourney Knights (i.e. most of you are very good but will need destiny or very good luck).
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat May 09, 2015 4:01 pm

I see several jousters shorting themselves of bonus dice! They will be especially important in later rounds. Instead of PMing each individually (which is what I started doing, too much work) I'm just going to post it here.
A brief summary of the joust attack roll:
I am assuming a basic [url=Knight of Quality][/url] (Fighting 5, Spears 2B;
Animal Handling 3 Ride 2B):
A normal spear strike would be: 7d6k5
A training lance has a -1B training penalty: 6d6k5
Being mounted, you get bonus dice equal to your Animal Handling: 9d6k5 (note that these are normal bonus dice and thus cannot exceed your Fighting rank)
There is a -1D penalty for charging: 9d6k4

That 9d6k4 would be further modified by maneuvers, benefits, fatigue/injuries/wounds, etc.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat May 09, 2015 4:02 pm

Baelon wrote:I see several jousters shorting themselves of bonus dice! They will be especially important in later rounds. Instead of PMing each individually (which is what I started doing, too much work) I'm just going to post it here.
A brief summary of the joust attack roll:
I am assuming a basic [url=Knight of Quality][/url] (Fighting 5, Spears 2B;
Animal Handling 3 Ride 2B):
A normal spear strike would be: 7d6k5
A training lance has a -1B training penalty: 6d6k5
Being mounted, you get bonus dice equal to your Animal Handling: 9d6k5 (note that these are normal bonus dice and thus cannot exceed your Fighting rank)
There is a -1D penalty for charging: 9d6k4

That 9d6k4 would be further modified by maneuvers, benefits, fatigue/injuries/wounds, etc.

Thanks Baelon. Smile

NPCs won't be shorting themselves and neither should you lot! Crush the NPCs in to the dust.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat May 09, 2015 4:03 pm

Reader wrote:He's only 1B in ride worse than the average knight. Crying or Very sad

Huh, yeah, I forget how bad regular knights are.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat May 09, 2015 4:26 pm

Baelon wrote:
Reader wrote:He's only 1B in ride worse than the average knight. Crying or Very sad

Huh, yeah, I forget how bad regular knights are.

Sniff.

If we get in to large scale combat I'll show how dangerous they can be in a pack!

Don't worry average knight minions, we'll show them... We'll show them all! Crying or Very sad

For now, you're just fodder to show how good the PCs and elite NPCs are, but your moment will come....
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Sat May 09, 2015 4:38 pm

Oh! Thanks Balon! I didn't include the AH bonus die, but didn't subtract the training penalty either Embarassed

Had a nice roll however:) Dice seems to like me this tournament!

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Fendrel Bartheld Sat May 09, 2015 5:13 pm

What happens if both jousters are unhorsed?

Ser Fendrel Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat May 09, 2015 5:19 pm

Ouch, massively unlucky. Sad

Still, some good luck - normally it would be another pass or a sword fight, but you dealt such a strong blow that he needs to take injuries and a wound, so you don't have to try again or face him on foot.

Hope you've used up your bad luck.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat May 09, 2015 5:36 pm

Are these even able to take wounds?

Only primary NC's gets that. This rabble looks more like tertiaries that doesn't even get injuries.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat May 09, 2015 5:40 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:Are these even able to take wounds?

Only primary NC's gets that. This rabble looks more like tertiaries that doesn't even get injuries.

He's a primary now. :;
):

Don't you call my minions tertiary!

More seriously - they're all at least secondary as they have names, primary where I fancy it (far more primaries in next few rounds).
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat May 09, 2015 5:48 pm

I'm now imagining you having minions like in Despicable me. Are you Gru? :;
): Razz
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat May 09, 2015 5:50 pm

so who is Dr nefarious?

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat May 09, 2015 5:51 pm

Hmmm, Theo? Jon?
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat May 09, 2015 5:54 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:I'm now imagining you having minions like in Despicable me. Are you Gru? :;

If you look inside the armour, they're all just yellow minions. That's why the attendants rush them away.

Jorah, taking auditions for Dr Nefario - maybe House Tully's maester Medrick? What do you think House Tully needs all that Wealth for? Twisted Evil

Suggestions on a postcard, thanks for initial suggestions Corrine.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat May 09, 2015 5:55 pm

Reader wrote:
Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:I'm now imagining you having minions like in Despicable me. Are you Gru? :;

If you look inside the armour, they're all just yellow minions. That's why the attendants rush them away.

Jorah, taking auditions for Dr Nefario - maybe House Tully's maester Medrick? What do you think House Tully needs all that Wealth for? Twisted Evil

Suggestions on a postcard, thanks for initial suggestions Corrine.

I knew it!

My pleasure. :;
):
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Sat May 09, 2015 5:58 pm

Hm, is there a specific time zone particular people's jousts take place in?

Like, if Gwyn wanted to be sure and see Dunstan's tilt, but wasn't concerned about the others, is that possible? Free up some time slots among other things. Smile
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat May 09, 2015 6:02 pm

Gwyneth Marsten wrote:Hm, is there a specific time zone particular people's jousts take place in?

Like, if Gwyn wanted to be sure and see Dunstan's tilt, but wasn't concerned about the others, is that possible? Free up some time slots among other things. Smile

Deliberately one afternoon for each joust per PC, but vague beyond that. Theoretically this means Dunstan could only have jousted in early &
mid afternoon, and you just watch in late afternoon, yet somehow still see him.

I handwave this away with narrator magic to allow maximum flexibility and reaction.

A PbP time distortion to allow for more fun, essentially.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

(Day 4, all afternoon) The joust (now complete!) - Page 2 Empty Re: (Day 4, all afternoon) The joust (now complete!)

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next