Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 6] Athelstan Pyke vs. Ser Benedict Blackthorne

3 posters

Go down

[Day 6] Athelstan Pyke vs. Ser Benedict Blackthorne Empty [Day 6] Athelstan Pyke vs. Ser Benedict Blackthorne

Post by Athelstan Sun May 24, 2015 4:55 pm

Athelstan makes his appearance noticing a better reaction from the crowd while some are just not able to reconcile an ironborn making it so far, continuing to wear a blueish green scarf on his arm, people still trying to figure out whose favor does he carry.

Maneuver: ??
Passive Ride: 18
Health: 12/12
AR: 7

Last edited by 149 on Sun May 24, 2015 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

[Day 6] Athelstan Pyke vs. Ser Benedict Blackthorne Empty Re: [Day 5] Athelstan Pyke vs. Ser Benedict Blackthorne

Post by Benedict Marsten Sun May 24, 2015 5:26 pm

Ben slowly trots forward. His helm moving side to side. Vance is a crooked man.He looks to the crowd for his family new and old. Check your pride Ben. Ride hard but walk away.Snapping his visor down he picks up his lance from Pudgy, moving towards the start.

Maneuver: pm-ed to Reader
Passive ride: 14
Health: 11/11
AR: 8
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 6] Athelstan Pyke vs. Ser Benedict Blackthorne Empty Re: [Day 5] Athelstan Pyke vs. Ser Benedict Blackthorne

Post by Athelstan Sun May 24, 2015 5:43 pm

Athelstan raises his lance signaling he is ready and once Ser Benedict replies, he spurs his ride as hard as he can.

[url=Fighting][/url]: 16 - 1 DoS
9 Dmg

[ooc]In case you hit[/ooc]
Animal Handling (Ride)
[url=ride][/url]: 15

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun May 24, 2015 6:08 pm

[ooc: It's D6, not D5. Might want to edit the thread title to avoid confusion.]

Corrine sits at the front with Ellie, the two of them holding hands tightly. She anxiously watches Ben, her heart in her mouth.

I don't care if he wins or loses, just please, Gods, keep him safe. I swear, if Athelstan does anything shady, I will make him pay dearly for it.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sun May 24, 2015 6:12 pm

Ben acknowledges he is ready and drives down the list, settling in with a slight canter to his upper body. The canter his undoing. As the twos lances smash against shields, Bens momentum is carried farther in the direction of the canter spinning him from his horse.

[url=Pass1 Defensive][/url]: 9d6k4-2 20
[url=Stay in saddle][/url]: 5d6k3 8

Ooc: next post will have injuries and damage. Guess the gods only have some much love. Congrats!
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 6] Athelstan Pyke vs. Ser Benedict Blackthorne Empty Re: [Day 6] Athelstan Pyke vs. Ser Benedict Blackthorne

Post by Athelstan Sun May 24, 2015 6:39 pm

[ooc]Oops... copy paste issues that got Fix Embarassed That was rather quick...[/ooc]

Athelstan dismounts once he hears his opponent fall, giving his horse to Alfric one of his few trusted men, he nods "
I guess the Drowned God does protect you Athelstan..."

Athelstan can only smile and nod as he moves quickly to help Ser Benedict raise of the floor "
Are you alright Ser Benedict?"
giving him a hand and an honest smile "
I was lucky this time, but I took the harder exchange of those lances"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

[Day 6] Athelstan Pyke vs. Ser Benedict Blackthorne Empty Re: [Day 6] Athelstan Pyke vs. Ser Benedict Blackthorne

Post by Benedict Marsten Sun May 24, 2015 8:36 pm

(Ooc: very anti-climactic! 18damage -8AR =10 damage 11-10=1 health, so no injuries or wounds)

He accepts the proffered hand. Brushing the dust off his pauldron. He unlocks his visor and flips it up. "
Yes I am fine. Sore tomorrow I am sure. Congratulations."
His tone neutral. His disappointment at such a lack luster tilt obvious.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun May 24, 2015 8:42 pm

Corrine breathes a sigh of relief that Ben seems unharmed, though cannot help but feel crestfallen by his swift defeat.

She squeezes Ellie's had and gives her a tight but reassuring smile.

"
There, he's fine. That's the important thing."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sun May 24, 2015 8:53 pm

"
No one would deny your skill after getting this far, rather I was lucky to hit you at the right time and make you fall as I did, so do not worry"
Athelstan is not happy it was done so quickly, but felt some sense of relief for it "
I bear the favor of my god"
showing him the scarf tied around his arm "
So you could say I'm lucky to get this far, but even that can end at any time"
walking away "
Take the applause for me, you deserve them more than I do and we all know someone is waiting for you in the audience"
Athelstan walks of the tourney grounds waving and saluting, but leaving to Ser Benedict as a recognition to his skill to partake on the applause and attention he also merits for getting this far.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sun May 24, 2015 11:10 pm

As Ben turns to leave the field, Pudgy approaches head down in an apologetic stance. Ben pats him on the shoulder. "
Its alright my boy there will be better days. You did well."
He spins him towards the stands and points. "
See there. We still have fans."

Upon seeing Lady Corrine and Ellie seated where Ben was pointing the young boy blushed in an embarrassed smile and gave a halting wave.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun May 24, 2015 11:13 pm

Corrine saw them waving, and waved back with a smile, then blew Ben a kiss.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sun May 24, 2015 11:42 pm

Ellie stood and eagerly waved back then mimicked Corrine's kiss. "
Brave fools. But still fools. You better get a bottle of rum to help the sting he's feeling from pride."
Ellie looks up to Corrine. "
I know he's piss..."
She looks to make sure no one heard. "
upset about how this went, but he won't say anything. Stubborn fool."

Ben clasped Pudgy on the shoulder. "
You see that better all ready. A kiss from a beautiful Lady cure almost anything."
He beams back at the girls, his girls, with his crooked grin.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Mon May 25, 2015 12:02 am

Athelstan watches from far away giving a small bow to Benedict before leaving with the rest of the ironborn Enjoy it while it last, I dodged an arrow to the knee you took it and hopefully won't have to pay for it

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon May 25, 2015 12:05 am

As he leaves the field he turns in time to catch Athlestan's bow. He returns the bow to many of the crowds dismay. Then departs with the round page in tow.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down