Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House Coldbrook Event - Extinguish the Faith Militant!

+4
Gwyneth Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson
Daveth Coldbrook
Reader
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

House Coldbrook Event - Extinguish the Faith Militant! - Page 3 Empty Re: House Coldbrook Event - Extinguish the Faith Militant!

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:12 pm

I already posted for him above and was waiting on Loreia, but hadn't realized she had previously rolled initiative. Sorry.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

House Coldbrook Event - Extinguish the Faith Militant! - Page 3 Empty Re: House Coldbrook Event - Extinguish the Faith Militant!

Post by Loreia Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:15 am

Info: I gained 1B Longblades during my personal story.
Round 1

No objection to fighting a woman, at least these zealots have got one thing right. Kyle closes the gap and welts her. Staggering, Loreia raises her shield, striking wordlessly through a hole in Kyle's defense.

[url=Aim+Attack][/url]: 5d6k4+1 19 2 DoS (Kyle's armor penalty ignored)
10 -8 AR = 2 dmg

CD 11
AR 7
Health 6
F/I/W
Damage 5
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:28 am

Round 2

Ser Kyle's blood boils as the heathen female's blade makes solid contact. He muscles into Loreia' his blood shot eyes and hot breath inches from her face.

His follow up blow is ill timed and placed. It flatters weakly off her armor.

[url=Knockdown Loreia][/url]: 4d6 15-1 fatigue
[url=Attack Loreia +1d Knockdown][/url]: 6d6 15-1fatigue
Result: Knockdown(?);
1 DoS no damage

Ser Kyle Derry
Initiative vs Loreia: 3d6 11
CD 7
AR 8
Health 10/12
F/I/W: 1/0/0
Damage: 6
Spend Fatigue if attacked / knocked down

(whoever is online, when Loreia made her move, feel free to continue piloting Kyle, I don't see a reason, why it has to be just one person playing his side)
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:05 am

Round 3

Loreia catches her balance, seemingly springing up on her feet after Kyle's axe glances off her shield.

"
Kyle Darry, you are guilty of treason, oathbreakin', theft of martial equipment, incitin' rebellion, an' violence against the people of the realm an' her defenders."

actions
[url=Stand for free TN9, Round 2 vs Kyle][/url]: 3d6-1 10
Greater: Pass

CD 11
AR 7
Health 6
Damage 5
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:34 am

Ser Kyle merely growls at Loreia's accusations, opting to reply through his sword. However, with his oponent waiting instead of pressing on, he becomes more cautious as well...

Actions
Aim
[url=Cautious Attack][/url]: 6d6k4-1 14 ->
1 DoS = 0 Damage

Ser Kyle Derry
CD (10) 7
AR 8
Health 10/12

(whoever is online, when Loreia made her move, feel free to continue piloting Kyle, I don't see a reason, why it has to be just one person playing his side)

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:03 am

Battle
[url=Initiative][/url]: 3d6 7

FA - Archers: Marksmanship 4, Agility 3, Discipline 6, AR2, Damage 5, CD6, Health 6
FC - Cavalry w Destriers(?): Athletics 5, Endurance 5, Fighting 4, Animal Handling 3, Discipline 6, AR5, Damage 6, CD6, Health 15
FI - Infantry: Athletics 3, Fighting 3, Endurance 3, Discipline 6, AR3, Damage 4, CD5, Health 9
FL - Peasant Levies: Awareness 3, Discipline 9, AR0, Damage 1, CD7, Health 6

(Maybe we split the battle into a different thread as both fights in parallel makes it quite chaotic?)

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:23 pm

Go for it

[url=Stategy initiative - battle vs Faith Militant][/url]: 4d6k3 13

House Coldbrook goes first

Ser jorah looked over the battlefield at the approaching Faith Militant. They thought Castle Grenward was nearly defenseless, but now they were to elarn just how wrong they were.

"
Fire,"
he commanded the newly created Grenward Pinpointers, as they took aim and unleashed a devestating volley at the opposing archers.

[url=Order 1][/url]: 4d6k3 9 command Grenward pinpointers

Attacking Faith Militant archers - presuming an extra 1D for being high terrain. Even if it isn't, that's still going to be 4DOS

[url=Grenward Pinpointers attack archers][/url]: 7d6k7 29 - 4DOS - so 28 damage, I'm going with destroyed here.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:51 pm

Round 4

Loreia attempts to find advantage in Kyle's attack, but is severely disappointed when he adapts effectively to avoid being taken by surprise. As she makes little headway, her brow tenses from her dignified displeasure. I'd expect nothing less from the famed spearhead of these rebels, but...

[url=Attack+Aim, bonus from Pass][/url]: 7d6k4+1 20 = 2 DoS (Kyle's armor penalty applied)
10 - 8 AR = 2 dmg

CD 11
AR 7
Health 6
F/I/W
Damage 5
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:15 pm

Round 4

Hoping to find an open spot in the bitch's defense he takes aim and attacks squarely. Another strike goes glancing away.

"
Be Damned! The seven will see you burn"

Action
[url=Aim + attack Loreia][/url]: 6d6k5 16-2
Result: 1 DoS no damage

Ser Kyle Derry
CD 7
AR 8
Health 8/12
F/I/W: 2/0/0

Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:00 pm

Round 5, cont. (Kyle's last turn was round 5)

Loreia rams Kyle with her shield, shaking him off balance, and follows up with a series of slashes. Their swords ring against the others' shields as she forces gaps to open up, taking advantage of his newfound immobility.

[url=knockdown vs Kyle][/url]: 4d6 16 success (Kyle's armor penalty ignored)

[url=aim+attack (+1fatigue) vs Kyle][/url]: 6d6k4 22 + [url=1d6][/url]: 1d6 3 = 26 (armor penalty ignored?) 3/4 DoS
If I remember right, +1D from knockdown would make that 7k5, so I rolled another die. It was lower than the 4 in the original roll, so add the 4 = 26.

CD 11
AR 7
Health 6
Damage 5
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:52 pm

Round 6

From his back Kyle tires to knockdown Loreia but only manages to put himself in a more awkward position. This causes his follow up blow to land much as the previous two. His angry is beginning to seethe and erupt from him.

[url=Knockdown][/url]: 4d6-5 7
[url=Attack][/url]: 5d6-5 15

Ser Kyle Derry
CD 7
AR 8
Health 4/12
F/I/W: 3/2/0

(ooc: the seven have no love for this poor bastard.)
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:30 pm

Battle
[With the archers gone, I have some questions:
a) Can I still charge/attack units in the castle as normal (being right next to them on the grid), they just have a bonus to defense? (Probably not, I cannot picture how infantry units would attack a unit on the walls...?)
a) How high is the wall in yards and what is the athletics test difficulty to scale the wall?
b) Breaking the door is the next option: That would be an athletics or a fighting test? At what difficulty? Does the door have healthpoints?)
c) Is there another way to attack any of the units in the caslte?

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:22 am

Not gonna jinx it.
Round 6

Loreia strikes when Kyle tries to catch his breath, aims for the red on his shoulder and flank, projecting her movements enough to let him defend only just, beating him ragged.

[url=Aim+Attack vs Kyle, Round 6][/url]: 7d6k5 14 1 DoS (Kyle's armor penalty ignored)
no dmg

CD 11
AR 7
Health 6
Damage 5
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:55 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:Battle
a) Can I still charge/attack units in the castle as normal (being right next to them on the grid), they just have a bonus to defense? (Probably not, I cannot picture how infantry units would attack a unit on the walls...?)
b) How high is the wall in yards and what is the athletics test difficulty to scale the wall?
c) Breaking the door is the next option: That would be an athletics or a fighting test? At what difficulty? Does the door have healthpoints?)
d) Is there another way to attack any of the units in the caslte?

Evil narrator hat on today even though markets are up. Surprised

A) No.
b) 10 Yards. TN 15 +3 for scale walls order.
c) Athletics
d) Shoot them or attack them indirectly - see below. Twisted Evil

Have them take one movement action away from the castle and instead use the below: Twisted Evil

Slash &
Burn Difficulty: +3
A unit under this order slashes and burns crops, torches buildings, rapes
the smallfolk, and scours the lands. The lord or ruling family of the land
reduces their Population and Wealth resource by 1 each time the order
is given.
Standing Orders: Once the unit slashes and burns, it does nothing
until it receives new orders.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:37 pm

Round 7

Darry tries again to take stock and deal the obviously spell protected witch a solid blow. His position on the ground does not aid his effort.

"
Witch your black heathen magic can not last against the might of the seven."

[url=Aim + attack Loreia][/url]: 6d6k5 21-6
Result: 1 DoS no damage

Ser Kyle Derry
CD 7
AR 8
Health 4/12
F/I/W: 4/2/0
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:40 pm

Reader wrote:
Kevan Lyras wrote:Battle
b) How high is the wall in yards and what is the athletics test difficulty to scale the wall?
c) Breaking the door is the next option: That would be an athletics or a fighting test? At what difficulty? Does the door have healthpoints?)
d) Is there another way to attack any of the units in the caslte?

Evil narrator hat on today even though markets are up. Surprised

A) No.
b) 10 Yards. TN 15 +3 for scale walls order.
c) Athletics
d) Shoot them or attack them indirectly - see below. Twisted Evil

Have them take one movement action away from the castle and instead use the below: Twisted Evil

Slash &
Burn Difficulty: +3
A unit under this order slashes and burns crops, torches buildings, rapes
the smallfolk, and scours the lands. The lord or ruling family of the land
reduces their Population and Wealth resource by 1 each time the order
is given.
Standing Orders: Once the unit slashes and burns, it does nothing
until it receives new orders.

at the moment, all they know is that there is one unit of archers in there

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:44 pm

Round 7

At this aspersion, a little extra color rushes to Loreia's face. "
I need no protection, blackguard! The Seven are arrayed against you!"
She continues to rain swing after swing. The cold steals away the scent of blood even as it exudes from him, but the shell she sees hollowing in front of her heralds his imminent demise. "
They've measured your heart an' brought you to me, to face judgment."

[url=aim+attack vs Kyle, Round 7][/url]: 7d6k5 21 3 DoS
15-8 = 7 dmg

CD 11
AR 7
Health 6
F/I/W 1/0/0
Damage 5
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:15 pm

Round 8

For a brief second he feels his faith falter. Then strikes out in anger and confusion at Loreia's words.

With the blow solidly landing he feels the Smith's heat grow in him, but a bellowing smoke still clouds his emotions.

[url=Reckless attack][/url]: 6d6-6 18
Results: 2DoS 12-7=5 damage
Ser Kyle Derry
CD 7
AR 8
Health 1/12
F/I/W: 4/3/0
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:51 pm

Battle - Order 1
As the arrows shoot up in the sky killing the bowmen, the attackers are visibly shaken, eventually, Ser Steffon's voice could be heard around the castle. "
I'll be damned, they left some archers to defend the castle! Cavalry, break open that door!"

As if they were one men, the riders turned around and closed the gap between them and the castle, ready to break the castles' gate...

Roll
[url=Command Cavalry][/url]: 3d6 9
Move to K6
(According to reader's pm it is a TN15 Athletics test to crack that gate, just so you can act accordingly.)

Units
FC - Cavalry w Destriers: Athletics 5, Endurance 5, Fighting 4, Animal Handling 3, Discipline 6, AR5, Damage 6, CD6, Health 15
FI - Infantry: Athletics 3, Fighting 3, Endurance 3, Discipline 6, AR3, Damage 4, CD5, Health 9
FL - Peasant Levies: Awareness 3, Discipline 9, AR0, Damage 1, CD7, Health 6

Code:
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N |
---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
1 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
2 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
3 | | | | | | | | | | | DI| | | |
4 |_ _|_ _|_ _|_ _|_ _| | | | | | | | RR| |
---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|WAL|WAL|WAL|
5 | | | |_ _|_ _|_ _|_ _|_ _| | | ||C||| ||| ||
---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|GAT|---|---|
6 | | | | | | |_ _|_ _|_ _|_ _|_FC||P|| | |
---|---|---|---|---|HIL|---|---|---|---|---|---|WAL|WAL|WAL|
7 | | | | ( ( | | FI| | | || ||| ||| ||
---|---|HIL|HIL|HIL|HIL|HIL|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
8 | ( ( ( ( ( ( | | | | PL| | | |
---|---|---|HIL|HIL|HIL|HIL|HIL|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
9 | | ( ( ( ( ( ( | | | | | | |
---|---|---|---|HIL|HIL|HIL|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
10 | | | ( ( ( ( | | | | | | | |
---|---|---|---|---|HIL|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
11 | | | | ( ( | | | | | | | | |
---|---|---|---|---|---|WET|WET|WET|WET|WET|WET|WET|WET|WET|
12 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
---|---|WET|WET|WET|WET|WET|WET|WET|WET|WET|WET|WET|WET|WET|
13 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
---|WET|WET|WET|WET|WET|WET|WET|WET|>
>
>
|>
>
>
|>
>
>
|>
>
>
|>
>
>
|>
>
>
|
14 | | | | | | | | >
>
>
>
>
>
>

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:18 pm

[OOC: Destriers? Really? that's a bit... expensive. I call dibs on any surviving horses!]

"
Defend the gate!"

[url=Order Caladan Longbows][/url]: 3d6k2 11 TN 3 (with Loreia attached as Hero)
[url=marksmanship attack vs. cavalry (with Hero: Loreia)][/url]: 7d6k6 24, 4 DoS x 7 = 28;
-5AR = 23 damage. More than enough to disorganize.

[OOC: Jorah, it would be +1B for the elevation, not +1D]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:31 pm

[EDIT: REVISED IN THE POST BELOW]
"
More archers! Riders, open that gate!"
but the riders are too busy calming down their horses, as arrows rained down on them...
[url=Command Cavalry][/url]: 3d6 10

[OOC: Well, it's not like it matters at all, but with Endurance 5 I thought maybe the whole battle takes a bit longer than 1 round before all enemies are slaughtered with no chance to even reach one of these pesky archer units :;
): ]

Last edited by 157 on Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:08 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:"
but the riders are too busy calming down their horses, as arrows rained down on them...
[url=Command Cavalry][/url]: 3d6 10

[OOC: Well, it's not like it matters at all, but with Endurance 5 I thought maybe the whole battle takes a bit longer than 1 round before all enemies are slaughtered with no chance to even reach one of these pesky archer units :;
): ]
[I'm afb, but isn't that a success? Trained is base 6, cavalry -3,2nd order +3, disorganized +3, total 9? Or am I misremembering a number?]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:27 pm

OOC: No, you are right, just checked it again with the book. Seems like the Discipline 6 in the unit's discipline in one of the prevous posts was too low.
[url=Destroy the gate][/url]: 5d6k4 17 (Oh!)

"
Despite the heavy attack their faith does not falter. The riders, using the strength of their horses, manage to break open the gate, ready to attack those cowards sending death from above...

[Ehm, I think we need some more guidance here. From which square can a unit attack which defender unit? Do CD boni still apply in a fight one on one? Not that it matters much, as most attackers will be dead before having the chance to strike out (1 order remaining for Ser Steffon in round 1) ]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:41 am

-5 CD... Twisted Evil
Round 8

Feeling vindicated by his blind anger, as if to give further validation, she adds pointedly, "
You're still on your knees, ser."
The fourfold meaning of her words should not be lost on the zealous leading man: He has failed. He is afraid. He is wrong. And the gods have forsaken him.

As she continues to beat the life out of him, she quietly mouths the words spoken to pass judgment. She'd rehearsed them over and over since Joren's death out of petty sentiment and rage, eventually dropping the unhealthy obsession, yet remaining hopeful that one day she'd be in a role granting the opportunity to say the words. I'd better cut it short, though. "
In the name of our king, Viserys Targaryen, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm, I, Loreia sentence you to die."

She drops her shield, winds up, and swings at the kneeling and breathless Kyle Darry. The hosts of the Faith Militant clamour, their noise a mix between shock and rage, just as his head comes to rest on the ground.

[url=aim+attack][/url]: 7d6k5 22 4, yo.

CD 11
AR 7
Health 1
F/I/W 1/0/0
Damage 5

Last edited by 129 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:41 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:OOC: No, you are right, just checked it again with the book. Seems like the Discipline 6 in the unit's discipline in one of the prevous posts was too low.
[url=Destroy the gate][/url]: 5d6k4 17 (Oh!)

"
Despite the heavy attack their faith does not falter. The riders, using the strength of their horses, manage to break open the gate, ready to attack those cowards sending death from above...

[Ehm, I think we need some more guidance here. From which square can a unit attack which defender unit? Do CD boni still apply in a fight one on one? Not that it matters much, as most attackers will be dead before having the chance to strike out (1 order remaining for Ser Steffon in round 1) ]

- Fighting through the gate = can only attack N/S/E/W rather than diagonal.
- CD bonus: if a unit is attacking over an obstacle, apply the bonus, if they're attacking from within the walls, no bonus. Apply narrative judgement/logic here, but feel free to check with me.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next