Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House Coldbrook Event - Extinguish the Faith Militant!

+4
Gwyneth Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson
Daveth Coldbrook
Reader
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

House Coldbrook Event - Extinguish the Faith Militant! - Page 4 Empty Re: House Coldbrook Event - Extinguish the Faith Militant!

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:09 pm

Ser Jorah grimaced as the gates were smashed open. If they survived this, then he would be having stern words with the engineers about the strength of the gates. iIf they got inside, the situation would swiftly deteriorate. There was only one thing for it;
prevent the cavalry getting inside and attacking the archers.

"
For House Coldbrook, House Darry and the Seven. Victory or death!"
He cried, as the infantry charged forward with him, smashing into the cavalry at the gates, surprising the Faith Militant.

ooc
Ouch, was hoping the gates would last a bit longer. Oh well, victory or death!

As reorganise is a greater action, the cavalry must still be disorganised and also still low on health as they haven't regrouped.
[url=Darry infantry charge][/url]: 4d6k3 9 - bit poor on the roll, but at least successful
[url=Infantry charge attack][/url]: 4d6k3 16 3 DOS for 18 damage (13 after AR) - Disorganised again as they haven't regained any health?

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

House Coldbrook Event - Extinguish the Faith Militant! - Page 4 Empty Re: House Coldbrook Event - Extinguish the Faith Militant!

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:16 pm

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:
ooc
Ouch, was hoping the gates would last a bit longer. Oh well, victory or death!

As reorganise is a greater action, the cavalry must still be disorganised and also still low on health as they haven't regrouped.
[url=Darry infantry charge][/url]: 4d6k3 9 - bit poor on the roll, but at least successful
[url=Infantry charge attack][/url]: 4d6k3 16 3 DOS for 18 damage (13 after AR) - Disorganised again as they haven't regained any health?

[OOC: Agreed, that seems like a low TN for presumably heavy, reinforced gates. Kind of makes battering rams and siege engines unnecessary.

As for those cavalry, you are correct that they are still disorganized when you attack - it takes either an order or a player greater action during the appropriate battle phase to reorganize.
After your attack, they are routed - any damage done while disorganized is a rout. They flee at sprint speed away from the attacking unit.... which with such a small map means they are off the map now.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:18 pm

[They are actually routed now as they never reorganized. A quickly opened gates was the worst case for you, but there is only 1 order left for the attackers in this round and cavalry is more or less done, so you should not suffer many losses here]

Edit: Ninja'd by Baelon :;
):

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:26 pm

Loreia wrote:
As she continues to beat the life out of him, what follows next is symbolic, at least to any aside from the two of them who might be able to hear. She'd rehearsed it over and over since Joren's death out of petty sentiment and rage, but knowing she'd one day have to say the words. I'd better cut it short, though. "
In the name of our king, Viserys Targaryen, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm, I, Loreia sentence you to die."

She drops her shield, winds up, and swings at the kneeling and breathless Kyle Darry. The hosts of the Faith Militant clamour, their noise a mix between shock and rage, just as his head comes to rest on the ground.

"
SHIELDMAIDEN, SHIELDMAIDEN,"
Ser Jorah led the cries from the battlements.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:04 pm

[OOC: Fair points raised on castle gates. Will raise them to at least 18]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:14 pm

Reader wrote:[OOC: Fair points raised on castle gates. Will raise them to at least 18]

I'm presuming that counts from now on and we're not rebooting the battle.

If so, its the Faith Militant turn and their leader has just been routed

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:18 pm

If we want to be really cocky, we could say that as part of our plan to lure the Faith Militant in, we'd taken down our main door 'for repairs' and put a temporary one in its place. That would explain how it was so much easier to break. Our main defence is the Darry troops. (Yes, it's a bit of a reckless plan, but it does explain what's happened. :;
): )
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:24 pm

The vicious charge of the Darry Infantry succeeds, where the rain of arrows did not. They attack the disorganized riders and kill many of them, who were still working on the breached gate. The few remaining riders turn around and flee from the battlefield, among them their leader Ser Steffon. The infantry stares in disbelief as brave Ser Steffon left the battlefield, like a coward

All units are disorganized

OOC:
I was working on my order, while you Jorah were posting, pointing out that the leader is routed, so for completeness' sake, here is the roll I did, which does not count:
[url=Order FI Infantry][/url]: 3d6 12 )

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:32 pm

Daveth Coldbrook wrote:If we want to be really cocky, we could say that as part of our plan to lure the Faith Militant in, we'd taken down our main door 'for repairs' and put a temporary one in its place. That would explain how it was so much easier to break. Our main defence is the Darry troops. (Yes, it's a bit of a reckless plan, but it does explain what's happened. :;
): )

[OOC: best justification ever.

House Coldbrook earns 2 Glory, one of which you may allocate to House Darry if desired. Please roll for the fate of your units.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:16 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:The vicious charge of the Darry Infantry succeeds, where the rain of arrows did not. They attack the disorganized riders and kill many of them, who were still working on the breached gate. The few remaining riders turn around and flee from the battlefield, among them their leader Ser Steffon. The infantry stares in disbelief as brave Ser Steffon left the battlefield, like a coward

All units are disorganized

OOC:
I was working on my order, while you Jorah were posting, pointing out that the leader is routed, so for completeness' sake, here is the roll I did, which does not count:
[url=Order FI Infantry][/url]: 3d6 12 )

I do have impeccable timing Embarassed

Ser Jorah watched the cavalry flee. He hoped that would be the end for them, but he would have to make sure later. At the moment, there was still another unit that cause problems

"
Finish this,"
he ordered the Pinpointers, who turned and fired at the infantry.

[url=command archers][/url]: 4d6k3 12
[url=Attack on infantry][/url]: 7d6k6 18
3 Dos, so 21 damage. Destroyed

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:34 pm

Archers [url=archers survivor check][/url]: 1d6 2
[url=darry infantry][/url]: 1d6 2
At least I'm consistent

Ser Jorah will take the infantry out and capture the levies. Presuming they are a mix of people from various places in the Riverlands, they will be offered the chance to serve House Darry or for them to join the Nights Watch.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:39 pm

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:Archers [url=archers survivor check][/url]: 1d6 2
[url=darry infantry][/url]: 1d6 2
At least I'm consistent

Ser Jorah will take the infantry out and capture the levies. Presuming they are a mix of people from various places in the Riverlands, they will be offered the chance to serve House Darry or for them to join the Nights Watch.

Lord Joffrey Darry is pleased at the gesture towards his misguided flock. Most are only too happy to return to their families although a few fanatics will not recant and are sent to serve the Kingdom on the wall.

[+1 influence to House Coldbrook. Ser Joffrey Darry's disposition towards Ser Jorah is now amiable.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:45 pm

[url=Caladan Longbows survivors (undamaged)][/url]: 1d6 2 Intact
We are consistent indeed... still, Intact is a perfectly acceptable result.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:08 am

I think their charge that broke the enemy commander, turning what the Faith Militant thought was their moment of triumph into the jaws of the trap closing around them, is worth a glory to House Darry.

Plus, you know, diplomacy. We *are* trying to win them over, after all.

Though I'll take Lord Baelon aside and explain that this is a good opportunity to begin turning a near-enemy into something closer to a friend. Or at least a not-enemy. So, the decision is political, and I'm grateful for his help in this affair. (There may be more to it, but that's for a PM when I'm more awake.)
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4