Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DwD II: The King's Justice - starts 16th of October

+14
Ser Walton Dulver
Septon Arlyn
Athelstan
Benedict Marsten
Daveth Coldbrook
Ser Jorah Holt
Baelon Drakeson
Loreia
Theomore Tullison
Gwyneth Drakeson
Lady Corrine Marsten
Kevan Lyras
Yoren longshore
Reader
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

DwD II: The King's Justice - starts 16th of October Empty DwD II: The King's Justice - starts 16th of October

Post by Reader Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:21 pm

Loyal servants of the crown,

Too long has the conflict between the Houses of Blackwood and Bracken weighed upon the realm. The throne charges its loyal servants to ride forth beneath the royal banner, taking such forces as deemed necessary to quell the conflict.

The throne commands that the noble Houses of Marsten, Bartheld, Coldbrook, Dulver, Kytley, Longshore and Tullison serve as our agents in this endeavour.

Once the King's Peace has been restored to these lands, the throne charges its loyal subjects to bring the King's Justice to the guilty, both those wicked in action and those wicked in commission of the actions of others.

The throne is vexed by reports of the following:
- That forces loyal to House Blackwood did salt lands belonging to House Bracken.
- That agents of House Bracken did infiltrate Raventree Hall, striking against non-combatants and dishonourably slaying the late Lord Blackwood.
- That raiders from House Blackwood shattered Battle Valley’s Septry to the Seven that are One, robbing the throne's subjects of its light.
- That House Blackwood breached a holy flag of truce for the fallen Lord Blackwood to assault House Bracken troops.
- That saboteurs acting on behalf on House Blackwood did deploy poison, slaying combatants and non-combatants alike most dishonourably and fouling the well at Blackbuckle for years to come.
- That overzealous action by House Bracken in an assault on entrenched Blackwood troops permanently damaged iron mines, the bounty on which fills royal coffers and supports brave Prince Daemon's efforts on the Stepstones.
- That soldiers in service to House Bracken did breach the King's peace in their pursuit of Blackwood troops, carrying the fight beyond the perscribed field of honour in to Darry lands.
- That warriors under the banner of House Bracken did enrich themselves by looting a caravan beneath the neutral flag of Dorne near Pennytree, risking the good name of theTargaryen dynasty for providing safe conduct to merchants.

Those charged with restoring the King's Peace are charged to assemble at Market Town, from where they will ride forth beneath the Royal Banner that has been delivered to House Marsten’s fortress of Hartshorn. Let the servants of the king’s peace from there ride on to House Blackwood’s keep at Raventree Hall and House Bracken’s fortress at the Warrior's Seat.

King Viserys Targaryen, First of His Name, King of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Protector of the Realm, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms

[The Royal Seal is affixed to the document]

- OOC: questions are welcome, along with skill checks/quality uses if there are elements of the message you're unsure of.
- Some of you will be receiving minor personal additions to this message.
- Starting on the 16th of October.

How will this work?
- Essentially, you've got seven days to interview NPCs, investigate scenes and defeat "
broken men"
and enforce a peace. Many of these investigations will follow a similar event format to Story 1's official events, but with some differences (you'll still post roleplay, but results delivered via PM. You should reveal these results via roleplay, but are free to mislead/hint at partial truths etc. One investigation scene per PC per day. Generally, the investigations can be attempted on any day, but some may become harder/easier as time passes and others may interfere with evidence/kill/capture sources etc.
- At the halfway point (day 4) there's a scheduled debrief to update each other.
- On the eighth day, no further investigation takes place but the PC houses meet to deliver a peace treaty. Each item must be voted on by a majority of houses (abstention permitted). Disagreement to be solved by lance followed by personal combat (yielding is permitted and indeed encouraged &
honourable - the only blood feud here is between Blackwood and Bracken). This voting system is traditional, as is the dispute resolution. House Marsten leads the peacekeeping and can alter this traditional format unilaterally, but such behaviour would be unconventional and may have severe political ramifications.
- A reminder that Knowledge (streetwise) can be rolled once per day for general rumour investigation.

First post being updated with this too.

From Day 2 onwards:

- PC or cohort participates in investigations/event, with the other unable to assist. Cohort is bonkers enough already.
- PC or Cohort makes all the rolls, you can't mix and match.
- All houses have the option or bringing along trackers from their own lands to provide 3D survival in investigations (only, not other events). This costs 1 Wealth Point for provisions, wages and sundry other expenses.
- All houses may nominate one NPC to assist them, allowing you to make use of the NPCs you've invested wealth in. [House Bartheld has two NPCs assisting, but one is due to a story 1 intrigue and was therefore earned in-game]. I've got stats for an awful lot of NPCs in my spreadsheet, so don't hesitate to ask.

I hope this strikes a good balance between keeping the focus on PCs and letting you all enjoy the benefits of your rank and the NPCs you've invested in. Smile

The final treaty

We the undersigned, acting upon the authority granted unto our represented houses by His Grace, King Viserys Targaryen, First of His Name, King of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Protector of the Realm, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Defender of the Realm, do hereby declare that the following is a true and accurate accounting of crimes committed by Houses Bracken and Blackwood, and a fair and just punishment to be meted out for the same.

I. Crimes

Let it be known that these crimes were investigated by representatives of the houses of Marsten, Bartheld, Coldbrook, Dulver, Kytley, Longshore, and Tullison:

Ser Steffon Vance and Ser Rufus Bracken, with the aid of various lesser men, did without the foreknowledge, consent, or authorization of their superiors plot and execute the assassination of Lord Bryan Blackwood and his wife, the Lady Reina.

Maester Arran of House Blackwood, without the foreknowledge, consent, or authorization of his superiors, did poison the well of the village of Blackbuckle, ending countless innocent lives as well as the lives of various Bracken soldiers and torturers, for the purpose of ending the suffering of Blackwood soldiers held captive and tormented there.

Both House Bracken and House Blackwood did fortify their respective iron mines. Upon attack by House Bracken, soldiers of House Blackwood did fire the supports of the Blackwood mines in an attempt to render the Bracken attack profitless. These acts depriving the crown of vital resources for the war in the Stepstones.

House Bracken soldiers, under the command of Ser Humphrey Piper, acting dishonorably without the foreknowledge, consent, or authorization of their superiors, did attack a Dornish merchant caravan for the purpose of personal profit.

Ser Tyron Blackwood, without the foreknowledge, consent, or authorization of his superiors did lead a regiment of Blackwood cavalry in the salting of fields in the vicinity of Warrior’s Seat.

Bandits in the employ of Ser Olyvar Lucas did sack the Septry at Battle Valley, falsely bearing the arms of House Blackwood and thereby did wrong to House Blackwood, House Bracken, and the Faith of the Seven.

Both House Bracken and House Blackwood did violate the borders of their lands with House Darry, with Ser Tyron Blackwood using Darry lands as a point of refuge and staging ground for attacks and Ser Wyll Bracken, pursuing his attackers, did cause damage to Darry lands and holdings.

Lord Benjicot Blackwood, having recently been orphaned, did in his grief and youthful impulsiveness order an attack from under a flag of mourning upon Bracken troops.

II. Punishments

The following have been determined to be appropriate punishments for the aforementioned crimes.

II.A. Punishments levied upon House Bracken and House Blackwood.

For the damage done to the lands and settlements of the region, including but not limited to the attacks at Pennytree and the salting of the fields at Warrior’s Seat, no less than one quarter of each houses’ revenue income shall be spent on reconstruction, repair and maintenance of lands and holdings, for a period of no less than ten years or until the lands and holdings of the house have been restored.

No less that one quarter of each houses’ revenue income, plus any remainder from the previous item after a house’s lands and holdings have been repaired or rebuilt, shall be spent on internal peacekeeping efforts, for a period of no less than ten years.

All revenues from the Bracken iron mine and the adjacent Blackwood iron mine, including the vein of crystal discovered therein during the investigation, shall be granted to the Crown for a period of no less than five years. Ownership of the mines shall continue as determined by previous treaties.

II.B. Punishments levied against individuals

Ser Steffon Vance shall be beheaded.

Maester Arran shall be beheaded. It is the recommendation of the representatives that the Citadel of Oldtown posthumously strip Maester Arran of his chain, and provide a new Maester of good character and peaceful disposition to House Blackwood.

Ser Tyron Blackwood shall be exiled for a period of no less than fifteen years to Essos, to serve the Crown's interests there, and his son, Jojen Blackwood, will be made ward and squire to Lord Haig Bracken. Alternately, if Ser Tyron elects to join the Night's Watch, his son shall remain in the custody of Ser Myles Blackwood.

Ser Olyvar Lucas shall serve as Warden of the Sept at Battle Valley for a period of no less than three years, living among the Brothers and receiving no incomes for his service. Any incomes earned by other means shall be donated to the Sept at Battle Valley to be used as alms for the unfortunate.

Ser Humphrey Piper shall be beheaded.

Lord Benjicot Blackwood, having shown remorse for his crime and on account of his age, shall be forgiven with no further punishments.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

DwD II: The King's Justice - starts 16th of October Empty Re: DwD II: The King's Justice - starts 16th of October

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:34 pm

How many men should we bring? Are we supposed to go in with units or simply be spectators finding out what is true?

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

DwD II: The King's Justice - starts 16th of October Empty Re: DwD II: The King's Justice - starts 16th of October

Post by Reader Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:35 pm

Yoren longshore wrote:How many men should we bring? Are we supposed to go in with units or simply be spectators finding out what is true?

Warfare (Command) or Status (Breeding) roll please.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:38 pm

I'd like to find out whether the text makes one side look worse than the other (e.g. overstressing the wrongdoings of one side etc). What do I have to roll for this? Awareness? Language?

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:43 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:I'd like to find out whether the text makes one side look worse than the other (e.g. overstressing the wrongdoings of one side etc). What do I have to roll for this? Awareness? Language?

Well spotted. Amusingly, Ser Kevan, keeper of the Gate, does not reveal which side he believes to be slighted. He's probably biased anyway, Blackwood marrying tree worshipper.

Ahem, roll against:

Language
Status (Breeding)
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:47 pm

: 4d6 13

Also how much confirmation is there of the slights? Any evidence, particularly on the dornish caravan?

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:49 pm

Here we go:
[url=Kings Justice (Status)][/url]: 4d6 9
[url=Kings Justice (Language)][/url]: 3d6 11

And in case, Yoren's results are not public as well, I also want to know, whether we are expected to bring units and how many:
[url=Kings Justice (Status II)][/url]: 4d6 16
[url=Kings Justice (Warfare)][/url]: 4d6k3 16
(Misread, I thought I have to roll both, sorry, but since its the same result anyway...)

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:51 pm

Yoren longshore wrote:: 4d6 13

Also how much confirmation is there of the slights? Any evidence, particularly on the dornish caravan?

This one I'll answer in public:

it's your job to uncover the evidence IC and hold it up to the world or suppress it, depending on what suits you.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:51 pm

Reader wrote:
Yoren longshore wrote:How many men should we bring? Are we supposed to go in with units or simply be spectators finding out what is true?

Warfare (Command) or Status (Breeding) roll please.

To work out how many and what kind of units to bring:
[url=Status - Breeding][/url]: 6d6k5 16

To discern in which direction (if any) the letter is weighted, politically:

[url=Status - Breeding][/url]: 6d6k5 15
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:56 pm

Replies generally via PM for this thread.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:42 am

As a banner House, I am assuming House Coldbrook would be pretty much telling us what to bring? Since we're not specifically invited in and of ourselves. Smile

In fact, do we even know about this thing before Daveth tells us? Smile
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:35 am

Gwyneth Drakeson wrote:As a banner House, I am assuming House Coldbrook would be pretty much telling us what to bring? Since we're not specifically invited in and of ourselves. Smile

In fact, do we even know about this thing before Daveth tells us? Smile

They'll need to inform you.

They can ask you to bring troops but you're free to follow orders or ignore them! Bannerhouse troops count towards parent's allocation.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:18 am

It's extremely optimistic to think that we can get all the battles sorted out by the 16th.

Because the only way that's going to happen is if the same person runs both sides.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:13 am

Theomore Tullison wrote:It's extremely optimistic to think that we can get all the battles sorted out by the 16th.

Because the only way that's going to happen is if the same person runs both sides.

My partner is away on business this Friday/Saturday morning ! I ran a whole round of jousting in a day before...

PCs welcome to run both sides too. Smile

People can volunteer for a fight and let me crunch numbers too if they fancy.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:17 am

I think the most pressing is the two clans battles. Particularly with the Marsten house event: The battle can only start once the duell is over, in which Ben participates, which itself can only start once the clan battle is over so Ben knows whether he is injured...dependencies :?

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:26 am

Both sides look bad enough to me.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:30 am

Kevan Lyras wrote:I think the most pressing is the two clans battles. Particularly with the Marsten house event: The battle can only start once the duell is over, in which Ben participates, which itself can only start once the clan battle is over so Ben knows whether he is injured...dependencies :?

I'd run them in parallel. Hand wave the injury issue - milk of the poppy significantly cuts injury penalties anyway, assume he took some if necessary and just hope he doesn't take a wound.

House event can proceed now too - lots of time for people to heal and same troops can't be reused, so no dependencies.

PCs who want to be in a duel/battle, please post in the appropriate thread by Friday morning.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:34 pm

Not to mention that the likelihood of Ben taking an injury is really quite low - I would wager approximately 0.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:36 pm

Yeah, I think the order of the day is getting on with it before more people drop out.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:51 pm

troops information
Warfare command

[url=warfare][/url]: 4d6k3 9 - typical coldbrook luck returns

slights
Status
[url=status check][/url]: 3d6k3 12

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:08 pm

[url=King's Justice - Status (Breeding) - Troops info][/url]: 5d6k3 16
[url=King's Justice - Language - Read Undercurrents][/url]: 4d6 11

Somehow, Daveth is more in-tune with the military requirements than the political undercurrents. His father must be rubbing off on him.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:44 am

Daveth Coldbrook wrote:[url=King's Justice - Status (Breeding) - Troops info][/url]: 5d6k3 16
[url=King's Justice - Language - Read Undercurrents][/url]: 4d6 11

Somehow, Daveth is more in-tune with the military requirements than the political undercurrents. His father must be rubbing off on him.

You may wish to inform your loyal (?) bannerhouse by Raven to allow them to roll too.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:05 pm

Done via PM, as message contains my interpretation of the message.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:05 pm

Ah ha, we get to roll now? Cool!
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:59 pm

Gwyneth Drakeson wrote:Ah ha, we get to roll now? Cool!

Both you and Baelon can roll away.

I mean, uh, are free to roll the checks.

Don't roll away in to the distance (or down a hill, Princess Bride style). :?
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next