Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DwD II: The King's Justice - starts 16th of October

+14
Ser Walton Dulver
Septon Arlyn
Athelstan
Benedict Marsten
Daveth Coldbrook
Ser Jorah Holt
Baelon Drakeson
Loreia
Theomore Tullison
Gwyneth Drakeson
Lady Corrine Marsten
Kevan Lyras
Yoren longshore
Reader
18 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

DwD II: The King's Justice - starts 16th of October - Page 4 Empty Re: DwD II: The King's Justice - starts 16th of October

Post by Luecian LongBow Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:34 pm

Haha understood. Very Happy
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

DwD II: The King's Justice - starts 16th of October - Page 4 Empty Re: DwD II: The King's Justice - starts 16th of October

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:07 pm

Reader wrote:First post being updated with this too.

From Day 2 onwards:

- PC or cohort participates in investigations/event, with the other unable to assist. Cohort is bonkers enough already.
- PC or Cohort makes all the rolls, you can't mix and match.
- All houses have the option or bringing along trackers from their own lands to provide 3D survival in investigations (only, not other events). This costs 1 Wealth Point for provisions, wages and sundry other expenses.
- All houses may nominate one NPC to assist them, allowing you to make use of the NPCs you've invested wealth in. [House Bartheld has two NPCs assisting, but one is due to a story 1 intrigue and was therefore earned in-game]. I've got stats for an awful lot of NPCs in my spreadsheet, so don't hesitate to ask.

I hope this strikes a good balance between keeping the focus on PCs and letting you all enjoy the benefits of your rank and the NPCs you've invested in. Smile

Now that I have recovered from this kick to the tenders, I just want to ask a question. What is the difference between our cohort assisting and the one house NPC?
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:33 pm

On reflection, I'll allow PCs and their cohort to mix and match in an investigation but not in official events. Smile

Benedict, I hope this addresses some of your concerns.

As to the difference between an NPC and a cohort assisting, it's chiefly a balance issue.

Happy to take further questions on this, or for those unhappy with it to disinvest from Cohort and reinvest the destiny point.

Hope this strikes a balance between people getting to use their cohorts and people creating super combos between their pairs. Smile
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:11 pm

Rumours - one slot per day to roll Knowledge (Streetwise) against a blind TN.

- You can then PM me a simple question. This will produce FAR less than an investigation, but is handy if you're looking for background info on the area, current local gossip/rumours (that I intend to post soonish) or NPCs you're interested in.
- Some of you have already done this for D1 - PM me with your question.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:15 pm

Alleged Crime timeline
- That overzealous action by House Bracken in an assault on entrenched Blackwood troops permanently damaged iron mines, the bounty on which fills royal coffers and supports brave Prince Daemon's efforts on the Stepstones.
- That forces loyal to House Blackwood did salt lands belonging to House Bracken.
- That soldiers in service to House Bracken did breach the King's peace in their pursuit of Blackwood troops, carrying the fight beyond the perscribed field of honour in to Darry lands.
- That saboteurs acting on behalf on House Blackwood did deploy poison, slaying combatants and non-combatants alike most dishonourably and fouling the well at Blackbuckle for years to come. [the bodies are over a month old by the time you arrive]
- That warriors under the banner of House Bracken did enrich themselves by looting a caravan beneath the neutral flag of Dorne near Pennytree, risking the good name of theTargaryen dynasty for providing safe conduct to merchants.
- That raiders from House Blackwood shattered Battle Valley’s Septry to the Seven that are One, robbing the throne's subjects of its light.
- That agents of House Bracken did infiltrate Raventree Hall, striking against non-combatants and dishonourably slaying the late Lord Blackwood.
- That House Blackwood breached a holy flag of truce for the fallen Lord Blackwood to assault House Bracken troops.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:56 am

Updated the first post with the finalised treaty so people can easily refer back to it.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:23 am

Reader wrote:Updated the first post with the finalised treaty so people can easily refer back to it.

Excellent! I'm so pleased with all we achieved.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:26 am

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:
Reader wrote:Updated the first post with the finalised treaty so people can easily refer back to it.

Excellent! I'm so pleased with all we achieved.

Me too. Smile

Some thing went as I expected, others completely differently. Nice to have the IC document, it was a lot of hard work IC (both at the investigation step and the negotations) and then some fine work by Baelon and Yoren OOC to draft it.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:46 pm

I'm sure even then there are tons of clauses and subsections unaccounted for in that thing, hand-waved away as translated from legalese.

Baelon's manipulations were particularly interesting to watch while the rest of us had no IC knowledge, especially with the bastard son who led the smallfolk rebellion.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:52 pm

Loreia wrote:I'm sure even then there are tons of clauses and subsections unaccounted for in that thing, hand-waved away as translated from legalese.

Baelon's manipulations were particularly interesting to watch while the rest of us had no IC knowledge, especially with the bastard son who led the smallfolk rebellion.

Including his extra-judicial decision to spare him and send him to the wall!

Someone grab Baelon in story three and intrigue/Awareness (empathy) the truth out of him under the guise of reminiscing.

Albeit people might be dubious about the man or woman sitting in a lord's solar/on board one of Ser Tyland Lannister's ships going "
Ah, Lord Drakeson, remember that harrowing night with the Wildfire explosion and vicious fighting in the tunnels? Those were the days, eh?"

Let me know if there's anything missing from the document, think I had a reasonably up to date version. This does indeed exclude plentiful pages of fine detail of border disputes, small fines etc.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:26 pm

Reader wrote:Someone grab Baelon in story three and intrigue/Awareness (empathy) the truth out of him under the guise of reminiscing.

Albeit people might be dubious about the man or woman sitting in a lord's solar/on board one of Ser Tyland Lannister's ships going "
Ah, Lord Drakeson, remember that harrowing night with the Wildfire explosion and vicious fighting in the tunnels? Those were the days, eh?"

With everything that went on in that 48 or so hour stretch, who can remember it all? It's amazing how stress and exhaustion can impair memory formation. Razz
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:32 pm

I'm not even sure how many characters have much of a hunch that maybe they could do intrigue/awareness vs Baelon to dig up some sketchy facts.

Unless someone actively throws a hint his way or it hits the rumor press I'm pretty sure Theo won't have any such suspicions for example.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:50 pm

Same with the Septon, Literally no reason to question Baelon about that Smile
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:24 pm

Septon Arlyn wrote:Same with the Septon, Literally no reason to question Baelon about that Smile

Get reminiscing you lot. :;
):

Maybe drink or women will loosen his tongue after a successful battle in the wars to come. Baelon has quite the reputation from his youth, not all of it undeserved.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:39 pm

Reader wrote:
Septon Arlyn wrote:Same with the Septon, Literally no reason to question Baelon about that Smile

):

Maybe drink or women will loosen his tongue after a successful battle in the wars to come. Baelon has quite the reputation from his youth, not all of it undeserved.

There are some Marstens with suspicions. :;
):
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:51 pm

Reader wrote:

):

Or maybe Baelon was watched by people who maybe would like other people to investigate Twisted Evil

Still, Theo is going to be....meh, whatever, have more important things to do than dig up dirt on Baelon.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:15 pm

Benedict Marsten wrote:There are some Marstens with suspicions. :;
):
*whistles innocently*

Could make a fun scene some time, having those accusations leveled - depending on who was doing the leveling and in what context, of course. The thought process that went into deciding to do it was actually fairly complex, and even Baelon's not 100% sure he made the right choice (though probably 85+ percent).

The real question is, does anyone want to know the truth enough to find out? Or are they happy enough that peace has returned to Battle Valley, and don't want to risk reigniting the conflict?
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:14 am

Baelon wrote:
Benedict Marsten wrote:There are some Marstens with suspicions. :;
):
*whistles innocently*

Could make a fun scene some time, having those accusations leveled - depending on who was doing the leveling and in what context, of course. The thought process that went into deciding to do it was actually fairly complex, and even Baelon's not 100% sure he made the right choice (though probably 85+ percent).

The real question is, does anyone want to know the truth enough to find out? Or are they happy enough that peace has returned to Battle Valley, and don't want to risk reigniting the conflict?

The truth about what? I'm confused now.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:15 am

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:The truth about what? I'm confused now.
The truth about what happened to... *looks up name*... Ser Hugh Rivers.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:34 am

'On the road to a great society, sometimes good people must be sacrificed along the way.'

Not sure who said that. Probably Stalin.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:47 am

Baelon wrote:
Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:The truth about what? I'm confused now.
The truth about what happened to... *looks up name*... Ser Hugh Rivers.

Ben PMed me to that effect. I'd forgotten about Hugh Rivers.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:12 am

Loreia just assumes you killed him, and serves him right as far as she cares.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:25 pm

Jorah remembers some suspicious behaviour, but kinda had other things on his mind

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4