Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(D3 - LM) Search for Iron

+7
Septon Arlyn
Reader
Daveth Coldbrook
Ser Jorah Holt
Baelon Drakeson
Lady Corrine Marsten
Athelstan
11 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

(D3 - LM) Search for Iron - Page 6 Empty Re: (D3 - LM) Search for Iron

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:37 pm

[Yeah wow, that makes it strictly better then Authoritative lol]

[Anyways Yeld counter yield offer]

[You revel all the information that you have uncovered in a show of good faith,

Septon Arlyn will not be mind controlled, if you want to convince me then convince me. Nothing you've said so far makes Septon feel like you have the evidence you speak of

standard charm results]
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:38 pm

[OOC: You are once again getting the IC and the OOC backward.
A yield offer is an OOC thing, just like being defeated in an intrigue is an OOC thing.
What happens IC is determined by the OOC, not the other way around.
If you are defeated, or if you accept a yield, the Arlyn the character would be swayed even if you (the player) are not.

You are correct that intrigue is not mind control. I have argued that point numerous times myself. However, if we could simply choose to ignore it's results, there is no point in having an intrigue system at all. It would be like every combat ending with a burnt DP so that the loser chooses their own fate. We may as well abandon all the mechanics.

Intrigue is not mind control, so Septon Arlyn (the character) could change his mind later - if he had sufficient reason to do so. That an intrigue result that does not suit your player motivations is not, I think, sufficient reason... though that would ultimately be up to Reader.

I reject your counteroffer, and I shall press forward with my action. You always have the option of yielding or quitting on your turn - assuming I don't get a ridiculously lucky roll and defeat you outright.]

"
Septon, I take umbrage that you would accuse me of threatening you. Have I ever taken a single threatening action, spoken a single threatening word to you? Your words are unbecoming for a man of the cloth. I expected better of you."

He shakes his head.

"
Septon, does not the Mother ask us to stop the suffering of innocents before it occurs? Is not the duty of the Warrior to protect, not to seek retribution? Of course what I speak of has not yet come to pass - what foolishness it would be to try to prevent something that has already occurred. I do not know what evidence you want from me - there does not seem to be anything that will satisfy you. There is a large cache of wildfire missing. It could be anywhere, in anyone's hands. Surely you do not assume that whoever has it is a calm and rational person? I am not trying to punish a wrong that has been committed, I am trying to do my duty to stop a wrong that has yet to occur. I for one will not play politics with the lives of innocents. If you continue to do so you will reveal yourself to be the worst of men - a hypocrite, a false Septon not worthy of the title. I beseech you to join us in setting aside Green and Black and help us stop this tragedy before it begins"

Exchange 3 Action:

[url=Ex3 Charm Septon][/url]: 6d6k4+2-2 21 2#1d6 5 6 ->
22 3 DoS, 12 - 5(DR) = 7 - 8(2 Frustration) = 0 Influence
Septon Arlyn is now taking -4D, and cannot even get a single DoS. Godspeed.

Baelon
[url=Intrigue Initiative][/url]: 4d6+2 20
Objective: "
Friendship"
: Believe that Baelon is a true knight, acting righteously for the greater good
Disposition: Dislike (-2 Persuasion, 5DR) [Dislike because of your accusations, and because Baelon feels you are playing politics at the risk of innocent lives - normally would be indifferent]
Intrigue Defense: 9
Composure: 1/9
Frustration: 2

Septon Arlyn
Initiative: (can't beat Baelon's)
Objective: Baelon makes an effort of transparency by revealing what else he knows about various places he has investigated
Disposition: dislike (-2 persuasion, authoritative reduce negative by 2, DR 5)[dislike because of feelings like he mishandled Athelstan situation and have taken too many liberties in not contacting other houses with investigation results]
Intrigue Defense: 9
Composure: 2/12
Frustration: 4
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:44 pm

[You can operate persuade me that that you as a character are not so bad (charm) as in. "
Baelon is a true knight "
but you can't tell me that (convince) your actions were, as you say "
acted righteously for the good of all, and will share that opinion freely (now and in the future)"
]

I accept the charm defeat
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:55 pm

[I'll let Reader make a ruling on what losing this intrigue means for Septon Arlyn. I've said my piece.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:02 pm

[Moved to iron mines OOC thread.]
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:47 am

(Okay, I realised I never actually formally stated my objective in the intrigue. Sorry about that, my mistake.
Objective: Convince Septon Arlyn that Athelstan confessed, then committed suicide rather than be imprisoned, and that confession of falsifying evidence means that we were right to question him. We were right by virtue of *being right*.

Now, the yield:
Septon Arlyn accepting only that Athelstan committed suicide is pointless, as we have independent witnesses (Lady Corrine and Ser Markus), and there should be 5 previously-unmentioned ironborn witnesses, according to Yoren, who should corroborate that as well. If everyone who was present is saying one thing, and Septon Arlyn, who wasn't, is saying something else, it merely undermines the Septon's authority.

Dulver tracker assistance with the wildfire is again worthless - if the wildfire plot goes ahead, and we tell people we warned house Dulver and they did nothing, that's bad for their house, so if you help or not is entirely your decision.

So, really, you're asking for our information for nothing.

Therefore, yield rejected.

Counter-yield:
The Septon will accept that Athelstan confessed, then committed suicide rather than be imprisoned, and that confession of falsifying evidence means that we were right to question him. We were right by virtue of *being right*.

House Drakeson will accept partial responsibility for not predicting that Athelstan would choose death over a just imprisonment. This matter will be discussed with Yoren, and does not involve House Dulver.

Given the Septon's highly bellicose and accusatory tone throughout, no investigation information will be shared. If later he calms down and asks politely, this may change, but for now he has given us no option other than to view him as hostile to us.

Daveth will write off the Septon's aggression as being said in the heat of grief, and his disposition will *not* drop to Dislike.

If either house locates the missing wildfire, they will share this knowledge with the other, and House Marsten, at a minimum (after securing it, and ensuring its safety, of course).)
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:20 am

PM out to reader
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:22 am

Septon Arlyn quits, Disposition deteriorates to dislike

"
My Lord Daveth, you do yourself a discervice. If you believe that you can threaten House Dulver into assisting you with your plans for searching for this "
wildfyre plot"
Then you are wrong. It was not House Dulver that broke the chain of authority here, We did usurp the rightful place of the head of investigations. Nor did we provoke our only witness needlessly. You had best learn to control that drake before it burns us all to cinders. You are a very wise man Daveth, but even wise men can make foolish decisions. I shall not question you any further, as I see that my questions about the circumstances surrounding the Ironborns death will continue to be obscured by the cloaks and mists that seem to surround this land and any who seek to discover its secrets. I do not know much about the ways of the world My Lord, But Lord Dulver has seen to it that I understand the business of mines, as it seems to be his favorite subject.

In a Gesture of goodwill, I will share what we have learned. My Lady Corrine, I hope that you will take to heart that it is not the Dulvers who seek to hide information from their fellow investigators, but the Coldbrooks. Claiming they have solid evidence of the Athlestans involvement, well In my investigations I did find that these iron mines still have many years of production left, although it will take a year of construction to make them fully operational, and with my assistance, from the knowledge that Lord Dulver has given me, I can reduce that time to possibly six months. However there are others who might take this opportunity to hinder the construction and repair, if they do so it can take up to 2 years.

There is a valuable crystal formation that runs between the bracken and blackwood mine, this could be a potential point of contention for these two houses, so it would be important to establish mineral rights for this vein as part of our treaty.

I also found strange shards of pot, I have seen these before, but only briefly, as they were handled with great care by the alchemists in kings landing. They produce a substance called wildfyre there, Burning hotter then any fire you have ever seen. The flames are also resistant to water, seeming to burn on top like a ghostly menace. Thankfully our Huntsmen Luecian was able to track down some more information.

Ser Raynald will tell you more about the search and tactics used here, as he is more experienced with such matters.

Septon Alryn turned to Daveth, "
I may be a sinner My Lord Daveth, but I am here to seek justice, Although from your actions, orders, and words, I can not say that we have the same objective."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:15 am

Septon Arlyn wrote:Ser Raynald will tell you more about the search and tactics used here, as he is more experienced with such matters.

Red Raynald had his vicious eyes over the Drakeson men, a provocative stare, sometimes even a tiny kiss sent for one or other soldier answering his look, of course followed for a sharp smile tainted by sourleaf. But the Septon's words pulled him from his little piece of joy, and Raynald glared towards the priest with surprise. "
Certainly this Arlyn has the ingenuosity of the gods, I think we can all agree on that."
-Despite the jest, Raynald wasn't smiling when looked to the plump man of faith. After a quick moment of consideration though, the burly knight projected his deep voice to those around him. "
-Very well then. My name is Raynald, from House Dulver, and Harald, Lord of Stony Hearth, is my brother. You don't know me and I know not the name of half of you. But I am a Dulver."
-He paused for a moment. "
-And I find that, even in this moment of conflict and distress, the words of my House are true. The Earth Yields."

He walked towards the members of other houses, looking without a blink to everyone that answered his eyes. "
-And why? Well, it was this very dusty earth that showed us too many truths about what happened here. Truths that I, following our dear Septon's example, will gladly show you."
-He waved his right hand towards a member of his band of warriors, and a gaunt man with rotten teeth came to his reach to pass him the collected evidence. "
-We've found very strong signs that both Blackwoods and Brackens were recently arming and fortifying their mines in prepare for conflict against each other. BUT it was the red horse of Bracken men who attacked the Crows first, taking their entrenched enemies by surprise. Our men could trace the battle accross the tunels, where the Blackwoods, forced back and knowing very well they wouldn't be able to repell the attack, decided to put fire on the tunnel's supports as to bring them down over the Bracken men."
-He smiled towards his own men. "
-Now imagine that. The strength of dirt and rock and stone coming down with unholy determination. Smashing all men alike as if they were insects. Strong, tall, small, weak, armor, no armor, don't matter, all dead under the mighty earth. Equality on death in the purest sense. I believe, right priest?"
-His smile faded though, as he continued.

"
-We have found the brands used to burn away the wooden supports, but what is really intriguing is the presence of the substance known as Wildfire."
-He raised a finger. "
-Not only for it's exotic and expensive nature mind you, but for its purpose. It was only stored, not used on the burning. And more interesting yet, they were present on both Bracken and Blackwood's mines. How could that come?"
-He suddenly raises a hand. "
-Thanks to one of our men, though, this mystery was solved. We have found evidence enough to believe that the wildfire was actually moved from the Bracken mine to the Blackwoods with the objective, we believe, to frame the black House."
-Raynald than approached Lady Corrine, at least until it was possible to see the bright of his eyes. "
-And by threads of garments that we found in the mines, everything suggests that this sabotage was the work of an ironborn. This little shit who lies dead right there, perhaps?[/color] -He pointed towards the Drakeson men bringing Athelstan's corpse. "
-That's all we have on the subject. But what little is ours is now yours as well to do as you please."
-He made a small symbolic bow with open arms.

[OOC: If there is anything wrong then it surely is my fault. This is everything we have on the matter, but as I was not a member of this forum during half these investigations I may recap something wrongly, but if I do please just point to me and I'll correct it imediately. I am also considering that evidence was collected, and so something could be showed to the others. If it was not, then I'll remove it's description.]

Last edited by 187 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:50 am

"
You knew that there was a significant quantity of wildfire here, yet you have no concern that it has gone missing? That tells me that either you already have taken possession of it, so-called 'Septon' Arlyn, or you are a cold and cruel man who places pride and politics over the lives of others. Either way, I'll have no more to do with you - but if there is an incident, you had better pray awfully hard that the Mother has mercy on you, for I will not. Now if you will excuse me, I have lives to save."

He turns on his heel and walks over to the Bloodriders, who, demonstrating the perfection of discipline, show no reaction whatsoever to the mad Dulver.

He turns to Njal, the ersatz leader of the Ironborn guards.
"
I see you have prepared the body for transport. Come, let us attend this sad duty. Bloodriders, form up into honor guard formation - fly flags of mourning."

[/exit, pending Daveth &
Jorah]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:49 pm

"
Septon, we need to pull together now. All the houses. Whatever happens next regarding the Wildfire is on our heads for not trying to find it and preventing what tragedy will occur if we don't"

He took a look at the mine and at the body, then joined the procession.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:07 pm

(OOC: To make it easy to follow the conversation between Septon Arlyn and Daveth, here are links. [url=Septon 1][/url], [url=Daveth 1][/url], [url=Septon 2][/url], [url=Daveth 2][/url], [url=Septon 3][/url], [url=Septon 4][/url] (note that Daveth says *nothing* IC between Septon 3 and 4.))

"
Septon,"
Daveth's voice remains cool and calm. "
I have been more than patient with you. I give you information on what happened here, and you react with suspicion and insults. You falsely claim I threatened you. And then you have the audacity to take umbrage that I do not treat you as I would my friends in the mere seconds between when you make an offer, and when you withdraw it with great fury without my having said a word.

"
I would thank you for the information, but we already knew all you said.

"
I have been nothing but polite to you, Septon, but I permit myself a small degree of reciprocity here. These are the actions of an unsound mind. A sound mind would realise that to be given respect, one should show it first.

"
You, Septon, are a disappointment."

[Daveth's disposition drops to dislike towards Septon Arlyn.]

Daveth turns and rides off with Lord Baelon, ignoring any words called after him. Once they are out of hearing, Daveth speaks. "
House Dulver can only be viewed as extremely hostile towards us. There is to be no sharing of any information with them, at the very least until they apologise.

"
Lord Baelon, could I have a quick word in private?"
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:23 pm

Baelon wrote:"
You knew that there was a significant quantity of wildfire here, yet you have no concern that it has gone missing? That tells me that either you already have taken possession of it, so-called 'Septon' Arlyn, or you are a cold and cruel man who places pride and politics over the lives of others. Either way, I'll have no more to do with you - but if there is an incident, you had better pray awfully hard that the Mother has mercy on you, for I will not. Now if you will excuse me, I have lives to save."

He turns on his heel and walks over to the Bloodriders, who, demonstrating the perfection of discipline, show no reaction whatsoever to the mad Dulver.

Septon Arlyn begins a sad chuckle "
Baelon, we had just finished our investigations when we heard the sound of the horse screaming. We had planned to come find Lady Corinne as soon as possible to collaborate what we have learned. Unfortunately we have arrived to late, and your unilateral actions have caused the death of your prime suspect. However I was going to go directly to Yoren, with Lady Corinne, to question him about what he might know. While I was doing that I would have sent members of my guard to all of the houses present here to notify them of the missing wildfyre"

[Quote = "
Baelon "
]

He turns to Njal, the ersatz leader of the Ironborn guards.
"
I see you have prepared the body for transport. Come, let us attend this sad duty. Bloodriders, form up into honor guard formation - fly flags of mourning."

[/exit, pending Daveth &
Jorah][/quote]

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:"
Septon, we need to pull together now. All the houses. Whatever happens next regarding the Wildfire is on our heads for not trying to find it and preventing what tragedy will occur if we don't"

He took a look at the mine and at the body, then joined the procession.

"
I could not agree more Ser Jorah, this is why we provided all the information we had gathered, freely. But your Lord and his subordinate have decided that they would rather play politics with people's lives then share information that might be used to more quickly find the wildfyre. I am sad that these mighty Lord's are more concerned about politics and keeping secrets then saving lives."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:31 pm

Daveth Coldbrook wrote:(Okay, I realised I never actually formally stated my objective in the intrigue. Sorry about that, my mistake.
Objective: Convince Septon Arlyn that Athelstan confessed, then committed suicide rather than be imprisoned, and that confession of falsifying evidence means that we were right to question him. We were right by virtue of *being right*.

Now, the yield:
Septon Arlyn accepting only that Athelstan committed suicide is pointless, as we have independent witnesses (Lady Corrine and Ser Markus), and there should be 5 previously-unmentioned ironborn witnesses, according to Yoren, who should corroborate that as well. If everyone who was present is saying one thing, and Septon Arlyn, who wasn't, is saying something else, it merely undermines the Septon's authority.

Dulver tracker assistance with the wildfire is again worthless - if the wildfire plot goes ahead, and we tell people we warned house Dulver and they did nothing, that's bad for their house, so if you help or not is entirely your decision.

So, really, you're asking for our information for nothing.

Therefore, yield rejected.

Counter-yield:
The Septon will accept that Athelstan confessed, then committed suicide rather than be imprisoned, and that confession of falsifying evidence means that we were right to question him. We were right by virtue of *being right*.

House Drakeson will accept partial responsibility for not predicting that Athelstan would choose death over a just imprisonment. This matter will be discussed with Yoren, and does not involve House Dulver.

Given the Septon's highly bellicose and accusatory tone throughout, no investigation information will be shared. If later he calms down and asks politely, this may change, but for now he has given us no option other than to view him as hostile to us.

Daveth will write off the Septon's aggression as being said in the heat of grief, and his disposition will *not* drop to Dislike.

If either house locates the missing wildfire, they will share this knowledge with the other, and House Marsten, at a minimum (after securing it, and ensuring its safety, of course).)

[Would you have to have made this offer IC, handling it OOC does not change that it happened IC, it just changed what is actually said or offered. That's the way I have been playing it, that's the way I would expect it to be played. That's why I make IC statements about what I am offering them clarify it OOC what mechanically it means. Just like combat you are offered two actions a round, one is Yield offering, the other the the actual action. You do not have to take the yield offer, or make one, but it does not change the fact that it *was* offered.]
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:54 pm

Daveth Coldbrook wrote:(OOC: To make it easy to follow the conversation between Septon Arlyn and Daveth, here are links. [url=Septon 1][/url], [url=Daveth 1][/url], [url=Septon 2][/url], [url=Daveth 2][/url], [url=Septon 3][/url], Daveth 3 [url=http://dragonsdance.forumatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=183&
p=56343#p56121[/url]
[url=http://dragonsdance.forumatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=183&
t=1925&
start=130#p56253]Septon 4[/url] (note that Daveth says *nothing* IC between Septon 3 and 4.))

except you did, with an insulting Yield offer, see my previous post

"
Septon,"
Daveth's voice remains cool and calm. "
I have been more than patient with you. I give you information on what happened here, and you react with suspicion and insults. You falsely claim I threatened you. And then you have the audacity to take umbrage that I do not treat you as I would my friends in the mere seconds between when you make an offer, and when you withdraw it with great fury without my having said a word.

"
I would thank you for the information, but we already knew all you said.

"
I have been nothing but polite to you, Septon, but I permit myself a small degree of reciprocity here. These are the actions of an unsound mind. A sound mind would realise that to be given respect, one should show it first.

"
You, Septon, are a disappointment."

[Daveth's disposition drops to dislike towards Septon Arlyn.]

Daveth turns and rides off with Lord Baelon, ignoring any words called after him. Once they are out of hearing, Daveth speaks. "
House Dulver can only be viewed as extremely hostile towards us. There is to be no sharing of any information with them, at the very least until they apologise.

"
Lord Baelon, could I have a quick word in private?"

"
Daveth, I had grown to like you at the tournament of river run, but your offer to not share any information, and accusing me of playing politics and being mad are, for a lack of better word, unfounded. You have yet to provide *any* proof or evidence to either Lady Corinne our myself. You and your banner men have acted unilaterally ,with the same evidence that we have apparently, and caused the death of what appears to be the one man who knew where this wildfyre was kept. Now we do not know if he has any accomplices, if he was the master mind of this operation, or if he was threatened to act under punishment. Now we once again have more questions then answers, and your actions saw our best chance for those answers hurl him self into a mine shaft, rather then be taken alive by what he most likely saw as a man who he probably felt took his eye at the tournament last year. He most likely felt that he was guilty until proven innocent anyways, so why not keep what he knew from the man he hated.

This is gross communication layered with lack of cooperation and unilateral action leads me to question of the right man was chosen to lead the house.

Secrets have been killing people her, and if the wildfyre goes off before it is found, it will not be because of lack of cooperation from house Dulver."

Turning to lady Corrine, "
My Lady, I feel like this wildfyre is the most vital issue. If it would please you, I would like to send a messenger to all of the investigating houses to meet at the campsite beneath the kings banner, the houses that are willing to need to pool together our resources to find out what happened to the wildfyre."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:15 pm

Raynald burst into a massive, blunt laughter when asked about doing nothing with the wildfire. "
Hah! We have just learned about it. What? Anyone sensible enough would consider proper to share such formation to other investigators as soon as possible, and that is exactly what we are doing, but somehow you and yours seem malicious about it. About everything."

He then was genuinely surprised when it was suggested that his House was not collaborative. "
I wont hear this kind of insolence!"
-He raises his finger towards Baelon and Daveth respectively. "
-It is your house that was caught red-handed with the accomplice of the suicide of the only man that had vital information to uncover whatever conspiracy that was taken place in the mines, and too quickly react agressively towards the questions of a Holy Man we all know is harmless. Makes me wonder what would happen if me and the Septon where not so close from your little adventure with the ironborn. Would any other House be informed about what happened here? I cant see proof that we would."
-He looked towards Baelon. "
-You, who speak so beautifully about peacemaking. I say it is all shit. You are a lying and deceiving white-haired cunt. I challenge you to a duel to te death for offending me and mine, and not only that, for obstructing the investigation and holding information from other Houses. Face me now, you shit, and let the gods decide who says it true."

Last edited by 187 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:56 pm; edited 5 times in total
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:40 pm

snip

Last edited by 167 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:41 pm

Septon Arlyn wrote:"
Ser Raynald, surely there is a more peaceful solution then a duel to the death."
Exclaims Septon Arlyn.

OOC: might need a mild retcon here - quitting an intrigue should make you exit at the point you state the quit and note the disposition shift. Sorry septon. Sad
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:45 pm

Corrine had drifted far from the squabbling around her, but now she stood up and strode towards the fray;

"
Lord Baelon and Ser Raynald, please stand down. Fighting amongst ourselves will help nothing!"

Last edited by 151 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:50 pm

Reader wrote:
Septon Arlyn wrote:"
Ser Raynald, surely there is a more peaceful solution then a duel to the death."
Exclaims Septon Arlyn.

OOC: might need a mild retcon here - quitting an intrigue should make you exit at the point you state the quit and note the disposition shift. Sorry septon. Sad

[easy enough... Snip Smile ]
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:38 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:Corrine had drifted far from the squabbling around her, but now she stood up and strode towards the fray;

"
Lord Baelon and Ser Raynald, please stand down. Fighting amongst ourselves will help nothing!"

Raynald was energic, it was clear to see. There was a fanaticism in his stare, and joy as well, almost if he had dreams about this moment. He looked like a child wanting for a gift, and that gift is a fight for the honor of his house, right here, right now. But Corrine's voice pulled him from his thoughts, and as a response he turned to the woman, reading her up and down with his histeric eyes. "
You want this to be resolved without MORE blood? -He smiled, changing his glare towards the presents. "
-Hah! Very well then. Show me that this is what you want! Ensure that your friends here WILL show everything they have discovered on this matter, woman! My brother wants to resolve all this madness quickly and he is gladly open to both transparency and cooperation. But why all the secrecy HERE? What do you fear?"
-He pressed his eyes, leaning over her. "
-Or perhaps it is I that should fear having an arrow in my back all of the sudden?"
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:24 am

Raynald's aggressive tone makes Corrine bristle. The cold steeliness of her mother grips her heart as he calls her "
woman"
. But, she knew she must not lose her composure, now that she had it.

You can fall apart when you get back to your room.

"
Indeed. I will not have more blood spilled needlessly. Since we have not met before, I will inform you that the proper mode of address for me is "
Lady Marsten"
, not "
woman"
. I am the chief arbiter of this investigation. I must ask that you adjust your tone. Once you have done that, we shall continue."

She maintained her gaze, being firm, but not forceful.

Don't get your head smashed in, Corrine.

[ooc: For reference, the green is Corrine's inner monologue. It is not audible.]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:24 am

[OOC: Ok, I'll consider that Raynald shouted and cursed as the Coldbrooks and the Drakesons take their leave.]

Visibly furious, Raynald seems a bit lost between answering the woman or continue cursing the men that fade on the horizon. There is a hint of despair in his eyes as he watches Baelon disappearing over his horse. -"
He is not his son."
-He whispered, almost sad. "
-He is not his son at all. Seed from a Lysene, though. It could be."

But when the Red Knight finally turns his attention to Corrine, his face is astonishing recomposed. "
You are Corrine Marsten? Then forgive this old knight, my lady, it's been many years since I've seen a Marsten, and at my advanced age I may act foolish sometimes."
He made a small bow, curving himself forward. "
-Specially when it concerns honor. And while mine was questioned in a very unpleasant way, my lady has all the reason to reprove my reaction and condemn me more a fat pig than a proper knight."
-He waved his men to prepare for leaving, but took the opportunity to get a step closer to the woman. Raynald smells of sweat, leather, and sour wine. But right now his eyes are not wrathful, quite the contrary, they seem docile, pleading even.

"
-I lament for us to meet in such a disastrous moment, and I will take my leave imediately so you may have the proper rest you deserve, but first let me urge you to consider what happened here, my lady. My brother tells me that soon the Crown will come to oversee the investigations, and what our Houses will have to show then? Bickering and Madness, for sure. Fool is the one who thinks it is profitable to hide information from the others, Lady Corrine. And I believe it is the case of your associates. Such scattered pieces of conspiracy will be of little use against the suspicious look of any delegate from King's Landing, considering that our Houses were ordered to act in coordination. So I beg of you, even if I have no right to do so: show me wrong. Show me that you can dissuade the Coldbrooks."
-He starts walking away as he finishes talking.

When one of his men pass him his horse, he mount on it and looks one last time towards Lady Corrine. "
-If happens that I'm right though..."
- He puts on his helmet. "
-...then my House will receive you and yours with open arms so we can all find a way out of this situation. That's Harald wish."
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:14 pm

Corrine's expression softens at his change in tone, relieved by it. She replies in a calm, gentle tone;

"
You are forgiven. We all make mistakes, especially when the blood is up. Rest assured that I will have words with both Coldbrook and Drakeson. But, Ser, before you go. May I know about the evidence you found? You mentioned finding clothing, I believe. I need to know as much as possible about the available evidence to determine if Lord Drakeson's actions were justifiable."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:53 pm

Septon Arlyn rides up Luecian and the small group of trappers, clearly disturbed by the events that had just transpired. The trappers and Luecian were relaxed and Ten Tooth was joking with one of his fellows, clearly relieved that things had not been drawn into bloodshed.

"
Luecian,"
States Septon Arlyn, "
Could you go explain your findings to Lady Corrine. I fear that things got a little heated and I doubt I am the best one to speak with here right now."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next