Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D6:MM]The Storm before the Calm before the Storm (closed)

4 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

[D6:MM]The Storm before the Calm before the Storm (closed) - Page 6 Empty Re: [D6:MM]The Storm before the Calm before the Storm (close

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:00 pm

Corrine restrains herself from rolling her eyes at the continued debate about Athelstan. She chooses not to respond, utterly tired of the incessant circle of the argument. She just rubs her temple wearily, the throbbing in it intensifying.

"
Very well then. I shall let the relevant people know. I expect it won't take long to sort it out. If there is nothing else pressing that needs discussion, we should take our leave."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D6:MM]The Storm before the Calm before the Storm (closed) - Page 6 Empty Re: [D6:MM]The Storm before the Calm before the Storm (close

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:28 pm

Ben remains at his wife's side, listening and watching. His hand calmingly circling on her back. His face continues to appear emotionless.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:53 pm

"
There is...one more thing. Actually,"
Gwyn says heavily.

"
It has no direct bearing on the talks here, but...I don't know when will be a better time to tell you. To warn you."

"
Among the reports we've gotten of Theo's activities are tellings that he's been seen visiting the Tullys...which we now suspect was him colluding with them to plan his actions here...but also with another. Your mother, Isobel."

She holds up a hand.

"
I'm a poor messenger for this, given my history with her, but please just listen. We can't prove anything, but I feel I know Isobel well enough to guess that she doesn't approve of your new direction for House Marsten, and may be working to maneuver you into a situation where you are pressured to change it. I doubt she'd try to actually undermine you, but if you could be convinced or...coerced...into guiding Marsten in a more 'green' direction, then she'd believe it was for your own good. And tell me there's anything she wouldn't do if she could say it was for the good of the House."

"
I am just asking you to be careful with her."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:39 pm

Corrine nods slowly.

"
I have noticed my mother's disapproval, at times. My choice of husband, how I dealt with the clans. I had thought it was just a difference of outlook, and anxiety about the House's legacy, as she seemed to soften somewhat after Bethany was born. I did not know she had been speaking with Ser Theomore. I will take your concern seriously. I'll speak with her when I return to Hartshorn. Your name will not be mentioned, of course."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:54 am

"
Or, you may want to have your man Sam watch after her a bit,"
Gwyn suggested. She'll be more forthcoming if she isn't aware you're aware."

She shrugged. "
I apologize though, you'll handle it as you see fit, of course. I'm sure you'll work things out."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:00 am

"
Thank you for the suggestion. It is a good one. Thank you. I shall have to give him more resources. One set of eyes and ears will likely not be enough to keep House Marsten safe."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:42 pm

Gwyn nods at that, then glances at Baelon for a moment before saying, "
I suppose that concludes our business then. So on a strictly non-business related matter, I will give you a dire warning, cousin."

Her face grew very stern for a moment.

"
Prepare yourselves, O' House Marsten, for a summons you must not ignore."

She couldn't hold it anymore, and dissolved into a grin.

"
Really though, expect an invitation from us to come visit within a few months. One I shall be very cross with you if you don't accept."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:05 pm

Baelon meets his wife's gaze and nods what business could be done, has been done.

He then gets a very befuddled look on his face when she starts speaking of a summons. Then breaks out in a big, almost goofy, grin at the reveal.

"
Yes, and be sure to bring Bethany. She ought to see the sea if she hasn't already, and the view of it from Caladan Hall is spectacular."
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:45 pm

Corrine briefly looks worried by Gwyn's stern words, but her reveal and big smile dissipate the trepidation instantly.

"
I'd be delighted to accept. I'd love for you both to meet Bethany. We're a bit too far inland to see the sea at Hartshorn. I'm not sure how appreciative she'll be of the view, with her being so young, but it would be nice to see your home nonetheless."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D6:MM]The Storm before the Calm before the Storm (closed) - Page 6 Empty Re: [D6:MM]The Storm before the Calm before the Storm (closed)

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6