Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 6: ME-LE] Bartheld Party Thread! (Open)

+12
Daveth Coldbrook
Dyana Marsten
Theomore Tullison
Dunstan Tullison
Athelstan
Yoren longshore
Kevan Lyras
Loreia
Benedict Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten
Reader
Jon Cobb
16 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

[Day 6: ME-LE] Bartheld Party Thread! (Open) - Page 7 Empty Re: [Day 6: ME-LE] Bartheld Party Thread! (Open)

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat May 30, 2015 8:35 pm

"
Where do you plan to have the wedding?"

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

[Day 6: ME-LE] Bartheld Party Thread! (Open) - Page 7 Empty Re: [Day 6: ME-LE] Bartheld Party Thread! (Open)

Post by Dunstan Tullison Sat May 30, 2015 8:59 pm

Dunstan sipped on wine and listened to the fat septon, a man he found most amusing.

Interjecting he said, "
Well, it is the smallfolk we serve and protect, there is no bigger truth than that. Whose lands do you live on?"

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat May 30, 2015 9:12 pm

Septon Arlyn wrote:"
Aye my lady. But never at a ceremony so large as for two nobles. But I have joined many Small folk and merchants before the seven. A joyous occasion for all parties involved. And I imagine that your party will simply be splendid. Wealth has a tendency to lead to extravagant shows. "
says the septon, gesturing to their surroundings. "
Don't you agree?"

"
That is often the case, though we intend to have a smaller, less extravagant ceremony,"
Corrine replies. "
House Marsten did not achieve its position by throwing money around. Besides, we have clans of mountain-dwelling savages to drive from our lands. That, sadly, will always cost money."

She shrugs off the matter with a smile.

"
But enough of my House's troubles. Tell me of your homeland, Septon. You are in service to House Dulver, are you not?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat May 30, 2015 9:29 pm

Dunstan Tullison wrote:"
Baelon, greetings! Nice work in the joust"
he says out loud and than leans over to his ear, 'too bad some of the fish is rotten here, it seems"
he says in a quiet whisper, so only he can hear.

"
Meele, yes, I'll be glad to join you. Ben said he is with you earlier today, the three of us should show them old geezers a thing or two! But please, let us enjoy now. This is Lady Floreta"
he introduces his date to Baelon, "
My Lady, this is Ser Baelon, a friend of mine."

"
Some, but not all, my friend. Lady Floreta, you have made an excellent choice in your partner this evening. A good and gracious man."

A good and gracious man who's betrothed I stole. I owe him some recompense for that. Is he interested in this Frey woman? Maybe I can help out a little... but one at a time.
"
I was looking for Lady Sofia Blackwood. Would any of you happen to have seen her, or know what she is wearing?"

OOC: I was hoping Dunstan would be confused about who he was being asked by so he would not be sure if he had joined Baelon's or Kevan's team... oh well, comedic opportunity lost, but probably a bit simpler this way - there's enough going on between now and the melee already.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Sat May 30, 2015 9:54 pm

"
Of course, of course"
Dunstan lost himself in thoughts a bit, and after a while explained his relations with Lady Floreta

"
Oh we are simply acquaintances enjoying each other's company. I had a wonderful meeting with Lord Frey and what better situation to further better the relations between our Houses than this splendid ball. My uncle had only the words of praise toward Lady Floreta, and I just had to meet her myself."

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun May 31, 2015 12:16 am

Dunstan Tullison wrote:Dunstan sipped on wine and listened to the fat septon, a man he found most amusing.

Interjecting he said, "
Well, it is the smallfolk we serve and protect, there is no bigger truth than that. Whose lands do you live on?"

I live in the lands of House Dulver and I run a modest sept on the hearth. I have been given leave by my lord to attend this tourney in order to attain assistance for an orphanage that I'm hoping to build for the betterment of the smallfolk that are under my care. I have been blessed to serve the lord as a begging brother and have been amazed at the kindness and generosity of those whom have little and I hope that I may some day repay all of the goodness that they have shown me."
says the Septon with a whimsical look of a man who is traveling into the past. Coming out of his reverie Arlyn inquires "
So what house do you belong to?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun May 31, 2015 12:31 am

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:

"
That is often the case, though we intend to have a smaller, less extravagant ceremony,"
Corrine replies. "
House Marsten did not achieve its position by throwing money around. Besides, we have clans of mountain-dwelling savages to drive from our lands. That, sadly, will always cost money."

"
But enough of my House's troubles. Tell me of your homeland, Septon. You are in service to House Dulver, are you not?"

"
Aye my lady I am."
The Septon smiles at being recognized. "
It is a good thing that you are keeping thing reasonable"
The septon mutters to her quietly. "
It shows significant restraint of pride which I think is a noteworthy attribute in itself. Money is not inherently evil, for indeed money does make the world go round as a infamous bandit once told me, However the love of money and its adornments can lead many people down dark paths they may never have imagined themselves going. I'm sorry to hear about the mountain clans being a burden to your family. Oft times they target those smallfolk under your protection, those that can not defend themselves. Have their been any attempts made to treat with them? To allow for them to come under your or another lord or ladies protection if they decided to bend their knee to you or another lord? This might allow them to live with you peacefully as well as strengthening your own lands."
The septon laughs. "
But I know little of warfare and politics, I am just a hopeful man that maybe some of those clans may be interested in joining you in peace rather then being put to the sword, saving you the gold and the blood of the men that would otherwise be shed in conflict."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun May 31, 2015 12:43 am

Septon Arlyn wrote:

"
Corrine replies. "

"

"
Aye my lady I am."
The Septon smiles at being recognized. "
It is a good thing that you are keeping thing reasonable"
The septon mutters to her quietly. "
It shows significant restraint of pride which I think is a noteworthy attribute in itself. Money is not inherently evil, for indeed money does make the world go round as a infamous bandit once told me, However the love of money and its adornments can lead many people down dark paths they may never have imagined themselves going. I'm sorry to hear about the mountain clans being a burden to your family. Oft times they target those smallfolk under your protection, those that can not defend themselves. Have their been any attempts made to treat with them? To allow for them to come under your or another lord or ladies protection if they decided to bend their knee to you or another lord? This might allow them to live with you peacefully as well as strengthening your own lands."
The septon laughs. "
But I know little of warfare and politics, I am just a hopeful man that maybe some of those clans may be interested in joining you in peace rather then being put to the sword, saving you the gold and the blood of the men that would otherwise be shed in conflict."

"
It's quite alright, Septon. I too would prefer a peaceful solution to all problems, including the matter of the mountain clans. I will keep your suggestion in mind, though the struggle with them has gone on for so long that I do not believe that they would ever bend the knee. Stranger things have happened though, I suppose. Nevertheless, until such time as peace reigns, we must fortify our lands. I too care deeply for the smallfolk, and do not wish them to come to harm. To whom have you spoken so far about your plans for an orphanage? Where would it be set up?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun May 31, 2015 3:35 am

"
It's quite alright, Septon. I too would prefer a peaceful solution to all problems, including the matter of the mountain clans. I will keep your suggestion in mind, though the struggle with them has gone on for so long that I do not believe that they would ever bend the knee. Stranger things have happened though, I suppose. Nevertheless, until such time as peace reigns, we must fortify our lands. I too care deeply for the smallfolk, and do not wish them to come to harm. To whom have you spoken so far about your plans for an orphanage? Where would it be set up?"

"
thank you for your consideration. The seven would like for all men to join them from old age and not bloodshed. But sometimes the necessity is there to protect the weak. Thus far I have slittleto ser Jorah and see Jon about the orphanage. And it will be set up in house dulvers lands. Our mines are not as rich as the lanisters but they have accidents all the same. However without the the children that are left behind after such accidents still need to be taken care of and with how little the mines bring in there is little left over for those little children. This is why my lord has graciously allowed for me to come to this tourney to try and raise the additional funds I need to start the orphanage."
The septon smiles at the young women who was listening to him share his tale. "
So that is what brings me to this ball. I was invited here by ser Jon to attend, and although the food has been excellent I have not had much success garnering support yet
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Sun May 31, 2015 3:37 am

Septon Arlyn wrote:
Dunstan Tullison wrote:Dunstan sipped on wine and listened to the fat septon, a man he found most amusing.

Interjecting he said, "

I live in the lands of House Dulver and I run a modest sept on the hearth. I have been given leave by my lord to attend this tourney in order to attain assistance for an orphanage that I'm hoping to build for the betterment of the smallfolk that are under my care. I have been blessed to serve the lord as a begging brother and have been amazed at the kindness and generosity of those whom have little and I hope that I may some day repay all of the goodness that they have shown me."
says the Septon with a whimsical look of a man who is traveling into the past. Coming out of his reverie Arlyn inquires "
So what house do you belong to?"

"
I serve House Tullison"
Dunstan says with a cheerful tone in his voice.
"
Similar House to the Dulvers, but instead of copper, we mine iron. What is that orphanage you speak of?"

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun May 31, 2015 3:40 am

thank you for your consideration. The seven would like for all men to join them from old age and not bloodshed. But sometimes the necessity is there to protect the weak. Thus far I have slittleto ser Jorah and see Jon about the orphanage. And it will be set up in house dulvers lands. Our mines are not as rich as the lanisters but they have accidents all the same. However without the the children that are left behind after such accidents still need to be taken care of and with how little the mines bring in there is little left over for those little children. This is why my lord has graciously allowed for me to come to this tourney to try and raise the additional funds I need to start the orphanage."
So that is what brings me to this ball. I was invited here by ser Jon to attend, and although the food has been excellent I have not had much success garnering support yet

"
I'm very sorry to hear that,"
Corrine replies, with genuine sympathy. "
If you wish, I can spread word among my contacts, and see if there is anyone who can help. I would like to offer assistance myself, but alas, House Marsten is not so rich that it can aid the smallfolk of other lands, as well as its own."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun May 31, 2015 7:30 pm

"
I'm very sorry to hear that,"
Corrine replies, with genuine sympathy. "
If you wish, I can spread word among my contacts, and see if there is anyone who can help. I would like to offer assistance myself, but alas, House Marsten is not so rich that it can aid the smallfolk of other lands, as well as its own."

"
If you would I would be very grateful,"
stated Septon Arlyn, "
Is there anything I could do to help you and your house?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun May 31, 2015 8:03 pm

If you would I would be very grateful,"
stated Septon Arlyn, "
Is there anything I could do to help you and your house?"

"
That is very kind of you to ask, Septon, but nothing springs to mind at the moment. I will spread word of your noble cause wherever I may. I must take my leave for the time being, but I do very much hope you enjoy the evening."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:00 am

The silver hawks continue to grace the dance floor, taking a peek at their surroundings here and there.

"
Seems we have won"
Elize says looking at the eagle "
I think the eagle found better company in a bear, I dare say who that raven fellow must be, to be so distracted to lose her companion"

Athelstan only smiles, but after a long while they take another break for refreshments.

[ooc]In case someone wishes to talk to Athelstan, which I don't think there is many other than Yoren[/ooc]

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:27 am

Of course, of course"
Dunstan lost himself in thoughts a bit, and after a while explained his relations with Lady Floreta

"
Oh we are simply acquaintances enjoying each other's company. I had a wonderful meeting with Lord Frey and what better situation to further better the relations between our Houses than this splendid ball. My uncle had only the words of praise toward Lady Floreta, and I just had to meet her myself."

"
She seems to be pleasant though, and very mild mannered, a women of good breeding and station I would say. So tell me have you competed much in the joust? A strapping young man such as your self seems to be poised to do well in a tournament such as this"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:26 pm

Ser Jorah passed the Silver Hawks dancing as he descended on a tray of duck and bacon, taking a few for him and some more for Septon Arlyn. He nodded at the two, not recongising whom was beneath the masks.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:26 pm

"
The bacon is specially delicious"
grabbing some for himself "
Enjoying yourself tonight so far Ser?"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:07 pm

Septon Arlyn wrote:
Of course, of course"

"

"
She seems to be pleasant though, and very mild mannered, a women of good breeding and station I would say. So tell me have you competed much in the joust? A strapping young man such as your self seems to be poised to do well in a tournament such as this"

"
I have, and made it until round 3, where Ser Florian Greysteel bested me. A great warrior, he is, and a great knight too, truly a paragon of virtue. You say you are from House Dulver, do you act as Lord Dulver's emissary on this tourney? If so, it might be wise if have a word about possible arrangements between our noble Houses. I am Lord Tullison, yes, I forgot to mention that"
Dunstan chuckles, it was far easier for him to talk in an unofficial manner than to participate in formal negotiations.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:55 pm

"
Well it is a pleasure to meet you my Lord Tullison,"
Says the Septon, giving a tipsy bow,"
Actually I am working as Lord Dulvers Emissary trying to broker some trade agreements, House Dulver has many goods stored in its sellers and Lord Dulver is looking to develop relationships with the other houses, for the betterment of both."
Giving a warm smile the Septon continues, "
Although what my passion is though, and may the Gods help me complete it, Is building an orphanage for children whom have lost their parents in the mines. House Dulvers mines were not as wealthy as the Lanisters so the small folk receive less so the hardship of losing parents is felt all the more by the small folk. Lord Dulver has seen this need and decided to support my project, however he can not afford to finance it himself and requires my assistance for fundraising of the rest of the project."
Arlyn pauses and waits for the young lords response.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:13 pm

Dunstan observes the tipsy septon speaking of trade agreements and the orphanage.

Of course, words of helping smallfolk alway would get his attention, but this was hardly a place, and both men were drunk.

"
The pleasure is all mine, septon. However it seems to me we are both in the cups a bit too much to talk of such matters. Would you mind if I joined you and Lord Dulver, or any other Dulver who is authorized to talk of formal agreements on the morrow? Maybe we can have a late breakfast."

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:04 pm

Athelstan wrote:"
The bacon is specially delicious"
grabbing some for himself "
Enjoying yourself tonight so far Ser?"

"
I am. I've never been to a Bartheld party before and so it is living up to expectations. How about you?"

He looked at Athelstan, trying to decide who was behind the mask.

ooc
I'm presuming that I can't see the eyepatch

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:45 pm

"
That would be a first for both of us my good man, and they do go all out"
trying to keep him from noticing his left side of his face "
what brings you to this tourney?"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:49 pm

Dunstan Tullison wrote:Dunstan observes the tipsy septon speaking of trade agreements and the orphanage.

Of course, words of helping smallfolk alway would get his attention, but this was hardly a place, and both men were drunk.

"
The pleasure is all mine, septon. However it seems to me we are both in the cups a bit too much to talk of such matters. Would you mind if I joined you and Lord Dulver, or any other Dulver who is authorized to talk of formal agreements on the morrow? Maybe we can have a late breakfast."

"
you are quite correct my lord."
The septon takes a deep draught from his cup, "
Let us then talk of something else, the stars perhaps?"
The septon gestures to the opening at the tent, "
Would you and some of your men care to join me for a stroll? There is something in the stars I would like to show you."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:43 pm

Athelstan wrote:"
That would be a first for both of us my good man, and they do go all out"
trying to keep him from noticing his left side of his face "
what brings you to this tourney?"

"
The jousting, the melee and it seems the politics. Always the politics."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:49 pm

"
That cannot be avoided regretfully, people use anything that happens as a tool for their gain, a very cowardly thing to do some times, but that is the nature of the game they play. We are all pieces in the board at any point in time, the hard part is figuring out why and survive"
Athelstan smiles "
I saw your joust, you acquitted yourself very well, I would have liked to fight you, but I think I ended up beating a favorite for the tourney"
shrugging his shoulders "
More luck than anything that I hit him in the right spot in that last tilt"
taping Ser Jorah's shoulder "
You leading a team in the melee or who are you fighting with?"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next