Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House Dulver Event - Reap what you Sow

+5
Luecian LongBow
Ser Walton Dulver
Gwyneth Drakeson
Septon Arlyn
Reader
9 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

House Dulver Event - Reap what you Sow - Page 4 Empty Re: House Dulver Event - Reap what you Sow

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:48 pm

[url=Ser Walton's charge against New Hedge Knight][/url]: 9d6k5 21-1-6CD=14= 3DoSx5dmg=15dmg-5AR=10dmg Slain

Ser Walton only for a short moment was surprised by behavior of newly arrived fighter. He quickly shaked off hearing Luecian's yell. Young heir didn't think much and immediately charged new threat. He passed between Archer and Hedge Knight, leaving headless body behind, slowly tilting to the side, to finally collapse to the ground...

[P.S. Shouldn't Hedge Knight make Opportunity Attack against Luecian?xD Luecian was using marksmanship attack being next to him. Or is it wrong system?xD]

After short while of silence, Ser Walton spurred his horse and moved towards newly arrived, drunk fighter. As battle dust was settling down, there was obvious tension hanged in the air, as fighters started to gather around. Most of them were under Dulvers' banner, only few gathered around drunk knight. As Ser Walton started to press on them, with troops starting to circle newly arrived troops, Ser Garred broke the silence -Raynald...- Surprised crowd turned turned to him, awaiting on continuation -Long time no see, Raynald... I see that not much changed with You.- spitted on the ground, tilting from his horse to the side. -What brings You back to Dulver's land, Ser?- Garred seemed relaxed, but put his hand on the sword at his belt.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

House Dulver Event - Reap what you Sow - Page 4 Empty Re: House Dulver Event - Reap what you Sow

Post by Luecian LongBow Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:15 pm

Ser Walton Dulver wrote:[P.S. Shouldn't Hedge Knight make Opportunity Attack against Luecian?xD Luecian was using marksmanship attack being next to him. Or is it wrong system?xD]

(This is only my interpretation but I am not aware of any opportunity attack in that scenario. With him charging me with a lance even though we are in adjacent squares, I doubt he would be able to stop right on top of me but rather his momentum carry him a bit. Each square is 3 yds I believe so there would still likely be multiple yards between use which should be fine for a thrown weapon. Now if I am wrong and there is a penalty than that's something I definitely need to learn but I have just been using a reasonableness test in my head thus far, for example if he had engaged me with a sword I would have either moved(which I believe does draw a opp attack) or fought back melee which is why I saved my 2nd hand axe until my likely last attack. Would love to have any thoughts if I am doing this incorrectly, part of the thought on this encounter was to highlight how much less efficient Luecian is without a bow. All of my attacks would likely have been kills similar to Ser Walton's if I had dismounted and used my longbow or invested in one that can be used on horseback.)
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:32 pm

(Wrong system. That's why reader said that they would attempt to grab Luecian as that's the only way to prevent them from using marksmanship weapons)
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:35 pm

Raynard watched with delightful surprise Ser Walton's perfect strike, beheading the last knight with a clean and lethal cut. The fat warrior licked his blood soaked beard and dismounted his horse, walking towards Walton while cleaning the blood of his sword with his own red cape. He was not smiling now, and as his men gathered around him tension started to rise. The last time the Madman stepped over Dulver lands was ten years ago, Waldon was little more than a child back then, so he knew his own uncle more through stories told by his family than for the merit of his own opinion. And those were frightul stories. About how he killed his brother's dogs after a fight. About how he raped servants in the kitchens. About how he killed on the afternoon men who called him friend on the morning. A madman filled with bloodlust, ambition and lust. A monster.

"
-So you are the Walton boy, heh?"
-He asked with severe eyes, waving his hand as to calm his boys down. They immediatelly started to loot the bodies around, leaving the Dulvers with some privacy, at least from Raynald's side. The Madman removed his helmet, letting his long messy hair, red and grey, wash over his shoulders.

House Dulver Event - Reap what you Sow - Page 4 Badreynaldi.jpg

And there he was, sheathing his blade, walking towards Walton covered in his coined armor, those cold blue stones staring his nephew deeply. He got so close to the Heir that it was possible to smell both his sweat and his sour breath. He was strong and broad shouldered, but was considerably shorter than the young knight, and seemed much shorter when looked over the horse. His silence only made things even more uncomfortable, until finally breaking the silence with a broad smile.

"
-By the gods, you're a giant, boy. Should have just kept my arse in the shadow watching you ride over every single one of this shits. Hah! "

He clapped his hands with a nice laugh, his eyes gleaming with what seemed like genuine pride. His eyes were not scary at all, quite the contrary, they were big and round, kind, innocent even. But his smile faded when he noticed he had to address the question. "
-I'm a Dulver, am I not? I believe I still am, yes. Right or wrong I am a Dulver."
-He glanced towards the battlefield. "
-Trouble was breeding in King's Landing. Figure it could be the same here. I can see I was not wrong."
-He raises his eyes to his nephew. Somehow he doesn't look like the big scary villain Harald talked about all his life. He seemed old. Poor. "
-I want to go home."
-He whispered, licking his dry mouth. As if somehow in an uncomfortable position, he suddenly changes the subject. "
-So tell me, son. What is happening here?"

Last edited by 187 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:48 pm

Ser Walton unsure for a moment, hid his sword, but didn't take hand off the handgrip, obviously not knowing what is happening -Uncle... Uncle Raynald?- He reached out hand to old man, and welcomed him with strong grip and slap to arm. -Where were You for all those years, uncle? Lord Father never mentioned about You and didn't want to hear Your name on the court.- Walton was young boy when knight left Dulver's lands, but never heard much about him. He only remembered loud, quick to laugh and eager to ribald songs warrior. -You would like to return to home, eh? It's decision of Lord Harald, so You will have to talk with him. I have no doubt that something bad has happened, but I'm also not the one to judge, uncle.- young heir looked dejected for a moment, but his face enlighten quickly -We are in need of good men, and I believe that one strong Dulver more will help a bit. Dark days came to us as broken knight, Ser Benjen Frey was rioting across our lands.- showed around with his hand -I've slained him in duel, and this is the end of his rebel, as You can see.- smiled widely and guided Ser Raynald to go with him. -Come with us to Stony Heath, uncle. Tell us what were happening with You during all those years. To be honest, I think that no one was expecting Your return, uncle.-
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:59 pm

"
-Well, what else could I do? I was pissing people all around and getting my arse real drunk, that's what I've been doing."
-Raynald burst a massive laugh as one of his men brought his horse for him to mount. "
-The war is over for a decade now, that means men like me are less useful by each passing day. I changed alliances a few times, fought for a Lord a little bit here, then for the Faith a little bit there. But seems like trouble preceded me this time."
-He then listened carefully to Walton's words, paying attention to his nephew's description of the duel as he rode alongside him. "
-You did well, son. If that's the end of it, then you did it well. Your father must be proud."
-He said, leaving at that, knowing very well his brother was not a man of compliments. "
-So that old fool is still alive, heh. I can't wait to see his face. I bet it is all rugged, withered and soft like an old woman's cunt. HAHAHA!"
-His new laugh was sonorous, like thunder testing the skies before a storm. He produced a flask of wine from his saddlebags, throwing to you. "
-Here boy, it is warm, but every decent man should drink to a dead Frey."

He would take the wine flask again regardless of Walton drinking of it or not, to then take a large gulf on the red liquid. "
-AH. Didn't think I would return either. But here I am. I had to come. It needs to be done. I had a vision, you know."
-He looked with a very serious face to his nephew. The nice old man was not there anymore. Now his eyes were hard pressed, deep and cold [color=red]-A vision from the Gods. They spoke to me."
-He stared is nephew for a long time in silence, as if waiting for some reaction, and then lazily decided to start drinking again.

Last edited by 187 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:21 am

-so boredom was the last thing You could suffer from, uncle- replied Walton listening to story of old knight. Garred throw his thoughts into talk also I hope You didn't forget what blood ties means, Raynald. Fighting as a mercenary and what You were doing as one, doesn't have to interest as much, at least ad long as no dark clouds are coming after You to Dulver's lands., But coming back here and serving House Dulver again... I just remind You, in case You would forget, like ten years ago.-Walton took the wine from Raynald and took big sip: it was the very same, common, sour wine as Garred used to always carry with him. Also now old captain was drinking it from his goatskin. Handed it back to Raynald and asked curious -and what kind of visions could bring lost brother and sellsword back to his home? From what You say, You were rather far from coming back, uncle Raynald, so please tell us more about those visions-
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:48 pm

Raynald's eyes were on Garred now, reading the captain of the guard, the spark of blue fire still there. "
-I understand why you fear me, Garred. And I don't say this disrespectfully, nor mocking you, Ser. There is plenty of reason for fearing me."
-He turned his gaze to the hills and the skies around, but only for a moment, because in a second he was staring Walton. "
-I won't lie to you boy. I am not a good man. I'm cruel. I enjoy killing. I could come here and look to your face and tell you the war changed me, that I saw enough death to be attracted to it. But it would be a lie nonetheless."
-His face was stern, a solid block of stone with two gems as eyes. "
-The pain, the blood, the screams, they always were music for my ears. There is something in the suffering of men that stirrs my heart in a way that no woman could ever hope to compete."
-A tiny smile cuts through his massive beard. "
-But I'm not the only one. I thought I was, but I'm not. I've seen enough of men to understand that every one is like this. Even you Garred. Don't tell me you don't felt the boiling in your veins as you fought for your life. And you boy. That beheading was not a lightning in the clear sky, was it? It was the storm inside you."

-He waved his hand showing the battlefield. "
-The difference is that you're all ashamed of it, while I...well, I embrace it, I savor it."

He showed a gentler smile to his nephew. "
-I cannot show you my vision, boy. Not yet. I believe you will see it too, with your own eyes."
-He took a big breath, his eyes were serious, but sincere. "
-People call me Madman but I'm not random, Walton. I have reason, and every drop of blood I take is taken by a higher purpose. I do what I must. And I'll do everything to prove that not only I'm not a threat for our family but also that right now my presence is invaluable. After that? Well, after that it won't matter. My purpose will be fulfilled, and that is what matters."

Last edited by 187 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:54 pm

Garred waved his hand away -Stop, Raynald. Or I will start thinking You got sentimental on Your old age- snorted and added -what for Seven's sake is the difference do you laugh or not when you skin the man?! Only fool thinks he is better, if he has no joy from killing.- Walton laughed in response -My blow was clean enough to make his head fly for almost ten feet, uncle. That bandit knight should be proud, that was probably the best thing he did in his whole, pathetic life.- showed with finger imaginary flight trajectory of cut head. -And if You don't want... or can't tell us Your vision, until it's right time, let's share Your comeback with Stony Heath!- Walton spurred his horse and galloped ahead.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:29 pm

Raynald watched both Garred and his nephew to ride ahead, only to look over his own shoulder to his men riding behind him. With a quick whistle he summoned Shitmouth, his right-hand. The man was gaunt, his clear-shaved face marked by the rotten teeth. -Tell the men to behave properly under my brother's roof and we'll have plenty to do here. -His warrior agreed, and Red Raynald kicked his horse to a gallop behind his kin.
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:40 pm

Septon Arlyn sees Ser Walton and Ser garred return to the clearing where the prisoners where being held. He gives a sigh of relief at the young large heirs safe return. thank the warrior that he was returned safely. his prayer was cut short as he saw a man with a red and yellow striped bushy beard riding behind the young heir. could that be?... thinks Septon Arlyn. last time he visited he got her Walton into a fist fight with the Millers boy, over that young girl Susan. he thinks disparagingly.

As Ser Walton and Ser Raynald ride up Septon Arlyn calls a greeting to the approaching horsemen. "
Hello Ser's, I hope that the battle was quick and bloodless for our side."
although the bandits where likely not as lucky with Ser Raynald being there.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:28 am

Raynald rode past the Septon, circling him with the horse close enough to make the priest retreat a step to avoid the animal. He was inspecting Arlyn, his eyes hidden behind hard-pressed eyelids. "
-By the gods, you got fat."
-He said with a serious face. "
-Last time I saw you was ten years ago, Arlyn. And you were half the man you are now. But I suppose the same goes for me."
-Red Raynald laughed and leaned his body to the side of the horse, as to see the septon eye to eye. "
-Time cuts men in a sharper way than any blade, doesn't it priest?"
-Last time Raynald and Arlyn saw each other was in the hall of the Lord, with the septon pleading Harald to end his hospitality and send the Madman away. He had tortured a boy from the village in a fight in the night before, to the point of death, and the Septon had found his corpse. The way Raynald looked to Arlyn that day was filled with murder. Now it was filled with joy. "
-The battle was quick, yes. My nephew here saw to that, quite a man he turns out to be. He will be the subject of my prayers tonight."

Last edited by 187 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:47 am

The joy that filled Ser Raynald face when speaking of Ser Dulver's triumph filled Septon Arlyn with dread. I hope that he will not turn Ser Walton into an image of his own madness Septon Arlyn gives a false smile. "
Aye it is good to be over quick Ser Raynald, All the better that are own men are not exposed to the danger's of combat longer then necessary."
He scans the huddled prisoners "
The warrior was with us this day. At least these men decided to give up peacefully rather then risk the holy wrath of our assembled men."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:29 pm

Raynald glanced towards the prisoners as the Septon pointed them, then he lazily adjusted himself in his saddle. "
-Aye, these are the smart ones. But I wouldn't call them safe. Certainly my brother will take a foot or a hand for them to never march or arm themselves against House Dulver."
-The knight smiled with his teeth purple from the wine, and then spurred his horse to help the men to organize the captives.

Last edited by 187 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:22 pm

"
They were offered the option to take the black!"
Yelled Septon Arlyn to the back of the madman knight as he rode away. although the Lord's justice is that of the madman's knowledge. Hopefully the prisoners know to plead for the black when questioned by Ser Raynald. For all the good it will do them
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:44 pm

-And if I'll see You once more throwing axes and knives, boy, You will head to the wall just after them, boy- Garred turned to Luecian Longbow. -What for Seven's sake did You think? That I, Garred, rushed on two opponents, because of what? I will give You a hint, boy: definitely not to let You play games. If I will see You once more- Garred was threatening with a finger close to archer's face -without bow in Your hands, when we engage combat, I swear: I will order to sew it to Your hands...-

Ser Walton was standing with Raynald and Arlyn. He noticed surprise and later little relief on Septon's face and when they mentioned prisoners, he added -I gave my word that all who surrender, will get no harm.- Walton ended subject with voice not accepting opposition.

[OOC;
to be clear- I loved Luecian's action in battle Very Happy that was something unusual and new Very Happy ]
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:37 pm

"
Well had me Longbow with me today as I didn't start the day mounted, and it be tough to be shooting that thing on back of a big horse. So I used me backup weapons to do me best. Woulda brought me hunting bow if I had known we would be riding or you could looking into getting me one of them horse bows the archers talked about from the clan battles. I wouldn't turn down a gift from yourself ser and of course it would be used for House Dulver military type support."

(ooc-yea I did it once before to not kill a guy as my longbow is vicious and can only end in death. Was hoping we would get some possible info but shoulda just killed the dude which would have been easier. It was good practice for me to see how effective I would or wouldn't be without using my bow Smile ...)
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4