Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D6,LA] Hunting for answers (openish)

+4
Yoren longshore
Luecian LongBow
Lady Corrine Marsten
Septon Arlyn
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

[D6,LA] Hunting for answers (openish) - Page 4 Empty Re: [D6,LA] Hunting for answers (openish)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:36 pm

[ooc: Guys, seriously. Give Ben a chance to respond.]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D6,LA] Hunting for answers (openish) - Page 4 Empty Re: [D6,LA] Hunting for answers (openish)

Post by Luecian LongBow Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:05 am

(ooc-I think Lord Marsten is welcome and even invited to discuss the intent and other solutions if he likes with House Dulver here or in another thread. We were going to have a later internal thread discussing this and thinking through other offshoot solutions)
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:15 am

[ooc: You guys aren't waiting for him. Not everyone can be on at the same time. He might have walked away with Corrine, but you guys are just laying on the speeches.]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:11 pm

(OOC, I am waiting for him, but you and Terren had already had the conversation and left before I could respond, so I said my peace and am waiting for him)
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:14 am

Terren Dulver wrote:Terrens usual smile turns sour and he answers with a grim expression "
Very well My Lady I will not press this matter more, it simply saddens me that we will make the same mistake as all the others before us and that it is members of my family, even if they only are through marriage, who will suffer for it."
He pauses for a few seconds to let his words sink in and then says: ‘Unless you require my aid on something, I will take my leave."

"
Wards and marriages have been made in the past Terren and still they fight. Your proposal is a good one, but with the winds that are in the air, making the children wards, spells doom for one or the other.

Ben looks over his shoulder at his departing wife and returns to gaze at Terren with a out of place crooked grin. "
I tried to make it clear Lord Benjicott is not just my cousin, but has lived with us, ate with us, slept under our roof for a year. He has played with my own daughter. He is like our son. Your suggestion while merited, seemed threatening to a mother."

With a glance at the bear he continues. "
And we know what a mother bear will do when her cub is threatened. Give her some time she will see you were only trying to help."

Ser Walton Dulver wrote:Garred leaned towards Yoren Longshore and whispered, so no one else could hear him -Why not first off give young Lord Blackwood into guardianship of Brackens?- he shook his head in disgust -Believe me Yoren, I was always thinking that second son of Good Lord Harald was family's disgrace, but since the third born son left his chambers...- massaged his neck for a moment before continuting -Terren was sickly in his childhood, maybe that's the reason... We can't do anything more than giving him a chance, right?-

Ser Walton slowly joined Terren and Benedict left behind by Corrine, with misbelief and disappointment on his young, not shaved for few days face -Please excuse us Benedict, mistakes of being young and inexperienced...- pointed towards his younger brother, who was in fact only 3 years younger than him then lowered his head slightly, but there was none of lowliness in gesture -Lord's place is in his lands, Benjicot's times of paging or being ward outside Raventree Hall are gone. Blackwoods were always strong House and also now they have good men to groom young Lord for a good Lord. Ser Myles, Ser Tyron, Ser Colyn Manderly: they are all valuable men, not easy to replace with their skills and experience. I think that no one expects Lord- he clearly emphasiezed Lord -to still saddle someone's horse or clean someone's armour...- looked at Benedict, but without any accusations. -Young Lord is also our cousin and his well-being is also important to us at heart, Benedict. And I know that Your priorities in that case are the same as ours.- lowered his head with respect and understanding.

Turning to Walton he puts up his hands to wave off the apology. "
No need for an apology, Ser. Like I said in calmer seas this May have been a great solution. We have no wish to bring Lord Benjicott back to Hartshorn. I believe, like you , he needs to be here in his lands."

Ben listens patiently to the septon, going on in a Davethesque monologue. "
As I stated making a ward of Lord Benjicott is not something I agree with. It's not necessarily political lean that worries us it is the outcome of the coming maelstrom.

Marriage is agreeable, but let Lady Kerry mother the hatred out of Lord Benjicott as Myle's wife and Lady regent."

Ben keeps a warm smile but his eyes narrow a bit on the septon. Some of the septon's words not quite sitting well him.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:44 pm

[url=awareness of Ben's expression village of pennytree day 6 LA hunting for answers][/url]: 3d6 14 (finally, an awareness check worth a damn)

Septon Arlyn looks to ben and recognizes an expression of discontent. "
My Lord Ben,"
States Septon Arlyn, "
I get the sense that something I said is troubling you. If I said something that offended you or Lady Marsten then I apologize. Perhaps you could enlighten me as to what you took offense to so that I may not repeat those mistakes later?"
Septon Arlyn asks with genuine curiosity and humility.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:50 am

Septon Arlyn wrote:[url=awareness of Ben's expression village of pennytree day 6 LA hunting for answers][/url]: 3d6 14 (finally, an awareness check worth a damn)

Septon Arlyn looks to ben and recognizes an expression of discontent. "
My Lord Ben,"
States Septon Arlyn, "
I get the sense that something I said is troubling you. If I said something that offended you or Lady Marsten then I apologize. Perhaps you could enlighten me as to what you took offense to so that I may not repeat those mistakes later?"
Septon Arlyn asks with genuine curiosity and humility.

"
I find your lack of faith in house Marsten's influence and status, disturbing. I may not have been born a Marsten, but served the house and the late Lord Marsten himself gave me, my spurs. My children will rule from his seat. Besides the Blackwoods saw fit to allow us to care for Benjicott before his new title. Nothing has changed. That being said I wish for him to remain with his closer kin."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:58 am

(This is me assuming, but Lord blackwood is status 6 while Lady Corinne is only status 5, so the Blackwood's must nearly have the same influence as Lord Tully, as status 7 is the kings family and status 8 is the king himself right?)

"
Lord Ben, I ment no disrespect to house Marsten by my words. But the Blackwood's are an ancient house, predating even the noble House Marsten and the establishing of the Faith in westeros. Lord Ben Blackwood, if he were to be fostered, would need to be fostered by a house of equal or greater status, as he is a Lord, and the fostering of Lord's before they come off age is not a common practice, but it does have prescient as long as the Lord is moved for a good reason."
Septon Arlyn laughs heartily, "
but my Lord Ben, this opportunity to make peace will obviously be objected to by your Lady wife, and as she is the head of this investigation it would be folley to attempt to press this issue. But that is why we came to speak to you two in private, and hope to find a plan that would be palatable to the other houses involved."

Septon Arlyn gestures to where Lady Corinne left, "
however it appears we only succeeded in offending my Lady and cause her to reject any plan we put forth."
Septon Arlyn shakes his head sadly.

"
We just finished speaking to Ser Tyron Blackwood this morning my Lord. I believe that if he is guilty of his crimes, yet he also feels justified in his actions. If he spends too much time around Lord Blackwood he may very well poison him against the Bracken's, and this fued will simply restart before we have even left this valley."

Last edited by 167 on Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:33 am

Ben waves away the septon's apology and further explanations. "
I am aware of the Blackwoods history they are my family as well. I have served the House recently as well. With that said I know full well Tyron's passions."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:01 am

"
Then let us find a way to prevent the uncles, passions, as you eloquently put it from interfering with the raising of the young Lord. We also would prefer to have young Lord Benjicot Blackwood stay with his family. However... If we want meaningful peace, a peace that will last possibly a generation we must find a way to sperate Lord Benjicot Blackwood from those that might wish to continue this fued."
Septon Arlyn looks at Lord Ben. "
The Blackwood's are family of the Dulver's as well, and the Bracken's follow the seven. I will do everything in my power to stop this fighting, that way, when we leave I will leave knowing that my actions made a difference."
He states vehemently.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:01 pm

[ooc: King is Status 10, royal family 9, hand/warden of the North etc. 8, small council/paramount house 7, large noble house 6, medium noble house 5. So the Status gap between Blackwood and Marsten is not that much.]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:49 am

Septon Arlyn wrote:"
Then let us find a way to prevent the uncles, passions, as you eloquently put it from interfering with the raising of the young Lord. We also would prefer to have young Lord Benjicot Blackwood stay with his family. However... If we want meaningful peace, a peace that will last possibly a generation we must find a way to sperate Lord Benjicot Blackwood from those that might wish to continue this fued."
Septon Arlyn looks at Lord Ben. "
The Blackwood's are family of the Dulver's as well, and the Bracken's follow the seven. I will do everything in my power to stop this fighting, that way, when we leave I will leave knowing that my actions made a difference."
He states vehemently.

"
A new position. Perhaps a distant house is looking for a master-of-arms, Prince Damion may be looking for generals in the Stepstones, or the Watch always needs good men. Getting them to one of those places is the trick."
With a stern look at the septon.
"
Every time I left these lands I have made a difference. It may not have been towards peace, but it brought safety for a short time. If you believe it is not my wish or House Marsten's to do the best we can for these Houses you are sadly mistaken."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:37 am

"
The wall would be best, better to keep him from coming back from an exile and poisoning the next generation of Blackwood's"
says Septon out loud, although mostly to himself. "
Lord Ben, your house has our support in advocating removal of Ser Tyron from house Blackwood. As Ser Walton stated, we would prefer to have young Lord Blackwood stay with his family, but our main concern is how Ser Tyron's viewpoints might set the lad against the Bracken's."
He announces this authoritatively but with the respect deeming of Lord marstens higher station.

"
I will go speak tomorrow with Lord Bracken, hopefully my sermon peace will soften his heart"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:59 pm

"
Aye, good luck with that. The man may have some common sense, but compassion is not one of his strenghts."

Ben's countenance eases, one of his charming crooked smiles breaks through.

[scene/ on my part]
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:01 pm

"
I don't need luck, I will have my good friend Luecian,"
Septon Arlyn gives Lord Ben a smile and slight chuckle.

[/Scene on my part,]
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:19 pm

The huntsman returned to his duties, skinning the beast and quartering it as to more easily transport it back to the town. He takes great care with the bear's pelt and packs both it and the meat carefully before he rides with the others back to town.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

[D6,LA] Hunting for answers (openish) - Page 4 Empty Re: [D6,EE] Hunting for answers (openish)

Post by Luecian LongBow Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:49 pm

Back in the Dulver's camp, the huntman works on the hide a bit more. He works to clean the pelt with water doing his best to remove any remaining blood. He continues to wet the pelt before working closely on the underside, removing any remaining flesh, fat or muscle from it. It be slow work but no doubtin it will be worth it in the end. Once finished he wets it once more and takes a look at his handiwork. Satisfied with the work,
he stretches the hide out well and rubs salt into as many cracks and crevices he can find on the pelt's underside. Finally he hands the pelt carefully, making sure to place the fur to the sky and keeping it stretched out as much as possible. Should make a fair rug or wall hanging, would make a fair gift or fetch a few coins at least no doubt.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4