Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D6,LA] Hunting for answers (openish)

+4
Yoren longshore
Luecian LongBow
Lady Corrine Marsten
Septon Arlyn
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[D6,LA] Hunting for answers (openish) - Page 3 Empty Re: [D6,LA] Hunting for answers (openish)

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:17 pm

Pausing in his walking at Terrens words to Lady Corrine, Septon Arlyn turns around, "
My Lady, Terren Dulver is quite studious. I believe that he has something important to add that may help us bring peace to the region."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[D6,LA] Hunting for answers (openish) - Page 3 Empty Re: [D6,LA] Hunting for answers (openish)

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:10 pm

"
I am sure he does, Septon. It will be nice to hear a fresh prospective on our situation."
Ben moves to Corrine's side giving her a chaste kiss on the cheek.

"
It is good to meet you Master Terren. My first meeting of a member of the Dulver family and it is two in one day! You and Lord Walton keep good company."
Using his head he indicates the round septon and agile huntsman.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:13 pm

-In my times simple exchange of highly born hostages was doing pretty damn good job, if You ask me- Garred obviously couldn't hold himself from commenting in background...
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:21 pm

“And it is good to meet you Lord Benedict. I can only concur, it is wonderful to have such skilled people like the septon and Luecian around, although from what the septon has told me, House Marsten can’t complain about a lack of skilled individuals either.”

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:09 pm

Terren Dulver wrote:Terrens face suddenly becomes serious as he ask Lady Corinne: “My Lady, since you have dealt with the threat at hand, could we speak for a moment, I have a suggestion which could help preserve the peace between House Bracken and House Blackwood.”

When Ben moves to Corrine's side, she leans a little into him as he kisses her cheek, her hand instinctively holding his arm. She gives him a restrained but warm smile as he pulls back.

Corrine is somewhat surprised to be addressed, but gives a polite smile and nod.

"
Certainly. Please excuse us, sers."

She steps away slowly from the group, indicating with her head the direction she wanted him to go with her.

"
What is on your mind?"
she asks, once they have some distance.

Last edited by 151 on Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:17 pm

Terren will follow Lady Corrine and once they are a decent amount of distance away he will say: "
My idea is that we request to have lord Blackwood and the daughter of Lord Bracken become wards to Lord Tully in exchange for the protection of house Blackwood. The consequences of such an arrangement that I could come up with is that it temporarily weakens house Blackwood, which is offset by the fact that house Tully would provide protection, but only defensively. It would strengthen both house Blackwood and house Bracken in the long term, by having them befriend house Tully, but since both have the same opportunity it would even out and not favour one house more than the other. And last and certainly not least it would help ensure the young lord Blackwood does not hate house Bracken himself, which is the main reason we would want this arrangement in the first place.”

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:55 am

Terren Dulver wrote:Terren will follow Lady Corrine and once they are a decent amount of distance away he will say: "
My idea is that we request to have lord Blackwood and the daughter of Lord Bracken become wards to Lord Tully in exchange for the protection of house Blackwood. The consequences of such an arrangement that I could come up with is that it temporarily weakens house Blackwood, which is offset by the fact that house Tully would provide protection, but only defensively. It would strengthen both house Blackwood and house Bracken in the long term, by having them befriend house Tully, but since both have the same opportunity it would even out and not favour one house more than the other. And last and certainly not least it would help ensure the young lord Blackwood does not hate house Bracken himself, which is the main reason we would want this arrangement in the first place.”

"
Benjicot Blackwood is a Lord now. He cannot be a ward,"
Corrine replies. "
He was my husband's page until his father's murder. His as ension to Lordship onviates any other role, I'm afraid. Looking for ways to foster peace and mutual co-operation is desirable though. We should involve Lord Benedict too. Three heads are better than two."

She calls to Ben and beckons him over.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:50 am

“Well, I don’t think that’s true, since Lord Blackwood is only six years old, he can’t rule anyway and all actual ruling is done by a regent, which wouldn't change if he becomes a ward to Lord Tully, and although I will agree it is uncommon to make a lord a ward, it certainly is not impossible, so I don’t see why he couldn’t be a ward to Lord Tully.” (ooc: I did find an example where a lord paramount was to be a ward to another lord paramount, after Jon Arryn's death, King Robert wanted to send Robert Arryn as a ward to Tywin Lannister, this of course was hindered by Lysa Tully who ran away to the eyrie with her son, this proves that it is not impossible to make a lord a ward of another lord) Seeing Lady Corinne beckon her husband over, Terren will motion to the Septon to join us as well.

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:35 am

Septon Arlyn waits to see if Lady Corrine waves him over as well, meanwhile watching Luecian while the archer admires the kill.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:47 pm

Ben arrives catching Terren's last bit. He smiles as if told a joke. "
Master Terren, no offense to your family or political coloration, but I do not foresee the houses of this investigation putting the six year old Lord of a black supporting house, in the custody of an avid green supporter. Besides Tully lost his chance to gain anything from these incidents when he failed to deal with them."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:55 pm

Terren will turn to Lord Benedict and say: “I understand you may distrust Lord Tully’s capabilities in such a matter, I only suggested Lord Tully since he is their liege lord and it wouldn’t upset the power balance in the region, if you have a suggestion for another lord I would like to hear it.”

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:43 pm

"
With the storm on the horizon it matters little which Lord you would ward them to. One side will pay dearly. I do not wish it on either family.

Now if it we're to happen this Lord would hold the livelihood of House Blackwood in his hands and what of House Bracken. To the Queen's men a girl holds little value, except marriage. The situation is wanting.

If it were forced to this it must be another Lord who understands woman hold more value than marriage ties."

His words are sincere and his tone friendly.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:17 pm

Terren smiles slightly, noticing the honesty in Lord Benedicts words. “I understand your concern Lord Bendedict, I do and your point should be taken under consideration, but that does not mean we shouldn’t find someone to take Lord Blackwood as a ward, as anyone who has studied history can tell you, you learn the past to understand the present and to learn from their mistakes, the mistake made in the past attempts at reconciliation is that they allowed this mind-set of bilateral hatred to continue, which has caused grief for many generations of Brackens and Blackwoods. I believe that finding the right guardian for Lord Blackwood might be part of the solution to this century-old recurring feud .”

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:26 am

"
As my husband says, you are proposing to put the Lord of a Black House into the hands of a grasping Green House, who have already failed to resolve the current situation, and betrothe him to the daughter of his House's ancestral enemy, also Green, and twelve years his senior."

She folded her arms, her tone becoming colder.

"
Absolutely not. I will not allow that to happen. If Benjicot is to be fostered anywhere, he should return to Hartshorn with us, since he was already being happily fostered there as a page, with people whom he can trust, as was agreed with his father over a year ago. He either stays with his family and rules with his regent, or he comes back to Hartshorn until he comes of age. It is highly suspect that a Green House is trying to take Benjicot away from all the people who care for and protect him, and trying to place him in the most dangerous position possible. It is either idiocy or evil. Which are you two?"
she asks, hotly, glaring at Terren and the Septon.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:11 am

Ben lays a hand gently on Corrine's shoulder and smiles adoringly at his wife. "
Please forgive my Lady wife's ... ferocity. Lord Blackwood has been in out careally for the last year and is much like our own child. Hence our protective nature."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:27 am

"
He is family,"
Corrine states, more calmly. "
What you suggest would put him in a world of unnecessary danger."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:02 am

"
My Lady, with all due respect, what you suggest could bring your house into a lot of problems."
Terren pauses for a moment and then adds:"
It could easily be seen as a brazen power play by your house or as misuse of the kings authority to put yourself ahead, which in a time of high tension, is probably the last impression you want to give. I do agree that we should find someone else then Lord Tully, but preferably someone who is not connected to any of the investigating houses.”

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:34 am

"
Have you not been listening? We were already fostering him. We are not putting ourselves ahead of anything. I already said he should stay with his family. I strongly advise that you abandon this foolishness, before you get yourselves in trouble. If I hear of any Dulvers trying to meddle in Benjicot Blackwood's life, you will answer to both his House and mine. Is that clear?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:52 am

Terrens usual smile turns sour and he answers with a grim expression "
Very well My Lady I will not press this matter more, it simply saddens me that we will make the same mistake as all the others before us and that it is members of my family, even if they only are through marriage, who will suffer for it."
He pauses for a few seconds to let his words sink in and then says: ‘Unless you require my aid on something, I will take my leave."

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:08 am

"
If you truly think that, then you are either a blind fool or a poor politician. No meed to take your leave, I will take care of that for you."

She looks at the Septon with an uncharacteristic coldness.

"
Septon, I had thought you above such transparent grasping. I am deeply disappointed."

She walked towards her horse, looking back after four steps;

"
I shall see you both tomorrow, for the drawing of the treaty. I suggest you both use that time to take a long, hard look at yourselves."

She turned and continued on, not waiting even for Ben.

The nerve of it! The bloody cheek! Send him to the Greens, like a sacrificial lamb?! Over my dead body!
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:19 am

Garred leaned towards Yoren Longshore and whispered, so no one else could hear him -Why not first off give young Lord Blackwood into guardianship of Brackens?- he shook his head in disgust -Believe me Yoren, I was always thinking that second son of Good Lord Harald was family's disgrace, but since the third born son left his chambers...- massaged his neck for a moment before continuting -Terren was sickly in his childhood, maybe that's the reason... We can't do anything more than giving him a chance, right?-

Ser Walton slowly joined Terren and Benedict left behind by Corrine, with misbelief and disappointment on his young, not shaved for few days face -Please excuse us Benedict, mistakes of being young and inexperienced...- pointed towards his younger brother, who was in fact only 3 years younger than him then lowered his head slightly, but there was none of lowliness in gesture -Lord's place is in his lands, Benjicot's times of paging or being ward outside Raventree Hall are gone. Blackwoods were always strong House and also now they have good men to groom young Lord for a good Lord. Ser Myles, Ser Tyron, Ser Colyn Manderly: they are all valuable men, not easy to replace with their skills and experience. I think that no one expects Lord- he clearly emphasiezed Lord -to still saddle someone's horse or clean someone's armour...- looked at Benedict, but without any accusations. -Young Lord is also our cousin and his well-being is also important to us at heart, Benedict. And I know that Your priorities in that case are the same as ours.- lowered his head with respect and understanding.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:09 pm

Terren turns to look at his brother, a hint of sadness in his eyes, as he says: "
It seems that by being not clear in my intentions, I only made matters worse, I will leave matters to you and the septon, if you need me, you know where to find me."
Terren then looks at Lord Benedict and says from the bottom of his heart: "
I simply wanted to ensure that Lord Blackwood would not grow up with hatred towards house Bracken, I simply wanted an end to this feud, and it was never-emphasising never- my intent to make Lord Blackwood change to the greens, as my brother said, it simply was a matter of inexperience, I hope both you and Lady Corinne can find it in your heart to forgive me."
Unless someone says something to Terren to change his mind, he will simply walk away.

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:59 pm

"
Lady Corinne!"
Septon Arlyn calls after her. my gods, that could have gone better. turning to Lord Ben Septon gives a small sheepish grin. "
I guess our words did not fall on such friendly ears. It was not my intent to place him with a green house. In fact, the green and black politics ever crossed my mind, I was merely trying to end this fued. Marriage between the houses in not unheard of. Nay, in fact such weddings are the basis for lasting peace. Peace is what I wish to craft here. I felt that reaffirming blood ties might do more than merely give this fued a pause."
His dad eyes turn to Ben. "
I am sorry for misinterpretation of my actions. I know that young benjicot was a squire for yourself, and you have close ties to him. Unfortunately, as Ser Walton stated, it might be seen as grasping for the treaty to include any of the houses named under the Royal banner. Our thoughts turned to Lord Tully, as he is their Liege, and he should have a vested interest in maintaining the peace in this region. I see now that the green ness of his house is what would be seen by black supporters."
I thought we were above such here, given the desperate climate that we find ourselves in."
Perhaps we can send him and Lady Kerry north, they do not have such embattled political climate yet. The Starks of winter fell are strong Lord's, and they demand much respect from their bannermen. Perhaps the honor and justice up there might make Lord Benji above this petty fued. "

Looking at Lord Ben be again emphasises, "
Lord Ben, in not saying that his time squired to you was wasted. In fact, in the process of his time with you I believe that the hatred found in the hearts of most Blackwood's has been lost. Unfortunately, due to some members of the house, I doubt that the good work and solid foundation you have fostered in him will last, and he will be poisoned towards the Bracken's yet again if he shares a roof with Ser Tyron. If your house had not been members of this investigation then I would suggest that he go back with you. Unfortunately not only are you members, but the kings banner was delivered to you, so it could be said that, if Lord benjicot goes back to harts home, that the heads of this investigation used the banner for their own gain, breeding resentment in House Blackwood's and House Bracken and poisoning any peace we might have formed here."

Septon Arlyn rubs his temples and sighs with exhaustion. "
Not only that, but as old and respectable as house Marsten is, they are lower then the Blackwood's, so it could also be taken offence that a Lord of a mighty house was being sent to foster in that of a lesser one. Fostering young Lord's can happen, but to prevent an insult it would be best to foster him in a more influential House, to honor the status of the Lord, even if he still yet is a child."

"
I understand that betrothal's to children are rare, but they do happen, although mostly to going women. So what I am suggesting should be equal, for it is the black saying of why should a man be placed above a women? But if that does not suit then we should see about marrying Lady Kerry to Ser Myles. It does not send the same strong message but it is better then nothing."

Septon Arlyn's shoulders slump as he hears the dejected tone from Terren Dulver, placing a hand comfortingly on his shoulder he tells the young man. "
Do not worry, we did the best we could. We are both naive enough to the politics here that we missed the angle that Lady Corinne brought up."
how v are we ever going to solve this puzzle if the game masters keep fleeing when your having a discussion.

Septon Arlyn looks apologetically at Ben, waiting to see if he will have a response.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:10 pm

When Terren left Walton and Benedict, caught up with Ser Garred, old captain patted him on the back to encourage young man -You still have lot of time to learn about politics, boy. Listen to Septon and Maester what they teach to You, and before You say something, think twice. And before You ask for something, ask our council for an advice, that's all what I can say in that matter.- then looked deeply into Terren eyes -You may be third born son, Terren, but Your Lord Father would not want You to grovel like this in front of others. For Seven's sake, You are Dulver, You don't have to apologize and ask for forgiveness to ANYONE except Your liege.- he jabbed Terren's chest with his pointing finger -And that's the lesson, which can give You old captain.- Garred straightened up and rode in silence for a while, looking far away. -If You would like to learn something also about tactics and warfare boy, do not hesitate to come to me.- pointed with reins on Ser Walton, who was riding in some distance in front of them -Ser Walton can also help You with sword, he exceled old Ser Gambol when he was thirteen. And believe me, Your Lord Father's bastard born brother is skilled and experienced warrior.- Garred put his hand on Terren's shoulder to soften whole speech- You had to spend a lot of time inside, but never forget that You are still learning. Just use Your time, boy.-

Walton was listening whole Septon's speech with little disapprobation, but only summed up at the end -Marriage is in fact one of best options. Lady Kerry is already a woman, Blackwoods have few strong men in family. Rest pieces places together by themselves...- opens hand in gesture of obviousness
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:24 pm

The huntsman watched the Lady's outburst with surprised eyes, his face showing his disappointment slightly. At Lord Benedict's more kind and measured words, he gives a slight nod and a measure of respect for the knight turned lord. Must be I'm a fool, for all her talk this week of wanting so much to create a lasting peace...I had me self convinced it was earnest and important to her but in the end when push comes to shove it seems politics matter more, so much more that the she can't even have a civil conversation with the lad...

(ooc-edited to wait for a response for Ben if he still remains, the rest of Luecian's post will likely move to a discussion thread around this)

Last edited by 183 on Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next