Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D6,LA] Hunting for answers (openish)

+4
Yoren longshore
Luecian LongBow
Lady Corrine Marsten
Septon Arlyn
8 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[D6,LA] Hunting for answers (openish) - Page 2 Empty Re: [D6,LA] Hunting for answers (openish)

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:45 pm

"
So we're looking at several bears? I'd say that we should try to get them out of their caves so that we may simply kill them with arrows."

Yoren does not even look up from the lamb as he talks.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

[D6,LA] Hunting for answers (openish) - Page 2 Empty Re: [D6,LA] Hunting for answers (openish)

Post by Luecian LongBow Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:07 pm

Luecian smiles at Lord Marsten's friendly words."
Lord Marsten I be pleased you are joining us as well and with Lord Yoren as well."
Watching Yoren pet the sheep gently, he adds. "
It do seem you have a way with her m'lord."

Ser Walton Dulver wrote:-Betsy will be even better, with such great warrior as Luecian on it's back. With one hand he could hold the wool, so other one would be free to throw knives at his enemies, am I right, Archer?- Ser Garred Mountfort and Ser Walton Dulver appeared from nowhere, Garred gave friendly pat to archer's back at the end of his words.-
Luecian nods to Master Terren ,Ser Walton and Ser Garred before chuckling at the older knight's jest. He was quite used to the guard captain giving him a hard time about this specific battle..."
Aye Mighty Knight and Great Captain, Betsy and I would surely be striking fear in the hearts of the wicked if you would only be dubbing me thus- Ser Luecian LongWool, Knight of Sheep and Protector of the Flock. Mayhaps me full time job would be trying to keep the Septon away from battles."

Yoren longshore wrote:"
So we're looking at several bears? I'd say that we should try to get them out of their caves so that we may simply kill them with arrows."

Yoren does not even look up from the lamb as he talks.
Luecian gives the heir to House Longshore a surpised look. "
Umm yes m'lord that be me main plan with brave Betsy's help most likes...Stake her a fair distance from the cave and try to tempt whatever beasts be present out to the open. Once they show themselves, Lady Corrine and meself plus any others who wish to toss a spear or draw a bow can take their best shots. If we do our part well, hopefully our brave companion here will come out unharmed. If we do our part poorly, well you may think bad of me to say but I'd rather the lamb be harmed than any of you folks...She seemed destined for a stew pot to be honest, if she makes it through this day I will do me best to find her a home where she be able to live a nice and happy life as any sheep alive."

"
If for some reason that don't be workin, at worst the fallback plan be for at least one of us to brave the cave and draw the beasts out ourselves..."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:41 pm

Septon Arlyn nods at the words. "
Separating the lamb from the ewe will surely cause the bleating of fear and distress to occur. And that would hopefully draw the attention of a predatory beast. Then it would be a simple matter to bring the beast down. If that does not work then I will enter the cave and try and draw the creature out. I trust your and Lady Corinne's aim to be true."
Septon Arlyn tries to speak these words bravely, but there is an undertone of fear in his proclamation.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:54 pm

Walton put hand on Arlyn's shoulder -We don't need brave Septon, You will be more useful, if someone gets hurt. I know You can go into the cave, but let's face the truth: someone more experienced, with iron would be much better choice to lead- pointed suggestively on his brigandine armour and large shield attached to rounsey's saddle. -I will try to not ruin the fur too much, I promise- blinked with smile to Lady Corrine, and followed it with kind bow to Benedecit.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:52 pm

"
Our aims shall be as true as the Crone's light,"
Corrine affirms.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:58 pm

Septon Arlyn nods in tact agreement but his nostrils flare slightly in abject concern for the heir of House Dulver. "
It will be as my Lord commands, however would it not be better for some one not add vital to house folder
Dulver, "
referencing set Walton's status as heir, "
or who does not have a previous injury that limits his mobility?"
The Septon references Ser Garred injury. "
And Lucien is one of the best archers we have, and everyone else is of noble birth from noble houses. I forsook my family name to become a Septon, if injury were to come to me the Faith could send another, we can not afford to lose you or your brother my Lord."

Septon Arlyn does not reference any of the others gathered here as they are all Lord, ladies of houses or heirs. Thus knowing that he is the one who would be most apt to draw the beast out.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:04 am

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:"
Our aims shall be as true as the Crone's light,"
Corrine affirms.

"
My Lady Corrine is correct, and there should be little danger as long as My Lady Corinne and Luecian Longbow are there to dispatch the beast as soon as I come running out."
Septon gives a nervous chuckle, "
hopefully the bleating of the Lamb and the ewe will draw the creature out so it will not to even be an issue. Your man Luecian Longbow has come up with a fantastic plan I believe, I trust in his abilities as a hunter my Lord."
states that stepped in giving praise to the originator of the plan.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:39 pm

"
Well let us travel forth, Lord Ben and Luecian will lead the way. Everyone else can fall in as they wish, but I think it best to have the man who knows where we are going, and our hunting guide, leading us, My Lords and Ladies."

Septon Arlyn pauses for any decent from his proposed plan.

(assuming there is none)

Septon Arlyn swings himself up onto the saddle of his Palfrey and verntrures forth
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:01 pm

[OOC: Luecian's plan is enough to lure a bear out and give him and Corrine a shot at it before combat begins. Don't anticipate this being a significant challenge, so feel free to have the players simply roll it out.

When you're ready, please make a survival (track) or awareness (notice) to search the bear's cave.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:29 pm

[url=Awareness][/url]: 3d6 13
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:30 pm

[url=Awareness][/url]: 3d6 10

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:57 pm

(I think 13 would be enough to find it/ plus we have Lord Ben with us who knows where it is at)

The party arrives at the small clearing outside the cave. The clouds had broken up and a patch of blue sky shown through the break in the clouds. The green leaves of the mighty oaks whistles and whipped, causing rustles and shispers of screts kept by the forest in the grove. Over the top of the small cliff a wierwood tree grew out of the rocky face, bloody sticky tears running down its white rippled trunk, a small downward slash of a mouth showing disappointment in those that gathered in its clearing. The roots of the trunk reached out to the small waterfall, greedily grasping at the small drips running down the cliffs face like tears, collecting in a small pool next to the den before tumbling through the rocks in a small brook, water escaping on its way to the many waterways in the Riverlands. The evergreen silent sentinels punctuate the green leafy expance, their nettles providing a pine sent and orange red blanket beneath their boughs, softening the hooves impacts of the gathered parties horses. The sheep and her lamb follow behind Luecians Longbows horse, the lamb attempting to suckle on its mother but was being rebuffed by the Ewe's attempts to ween the lamb.

Septon Arlyn feels a chill move down his spine as he sees the scattered remains of dead animals. A particularly large set of antlers were still attached to a meatless skull, its hollow eyes staring menacingly and definencly at the party, its 14 point rack showing how futile and fearsome the stag once was. Another skull shows the rounded horns of a great sheep, gouges and fractures in the skull showing how even the great skill of the mighty ram were silenced by the creature in the cave. Numerous smaller remains and skeletons of lesser creatures show that this beast was an opportunist, and Also unafraid of any creature in this forest. Setpon Arlyn looks to Luceian and Lady Corrine, who both had dismounted and had their bows pulled out, Luecian with his trusty Lady Lyanna and Lady Corinne with her well made hunting bow. The warrior types where having conversations about fields of fire and the best way to lure out the beast. Septon Arlyn sees Luceian bend down and show tracks to Lady Corrine and sees the great hunter show the huntress marks in the ground. The Septon Sees Luceians lips quietly form the word "
bear"
. A small shiver runs though the Septon as he looks back up into the flowing tears of the Wierwood tree, its face staring accusingly down into the Septons soul.

[size=200:29cygsj8]You are justified My Son. Fear not the power of nature here.

Septon Arlyn starts at the voice, then closes his eyes and grasps the crystal draped around his neck and feels the hardness of the ring mail under his heavy robes. Closing his eyes Septon Arlyn reaches into his body and finds the peace and serenity that lives buried in his chest, Thank you Father Septon Arlyn wordlessly prays. Opening his eyes Septon Arlyn sees Luecain Longbow hammer the stake into the ground and tie the small lamb into middle of the clearing, while the lamb is still suckling on its mother. He sees everyone else take up their position around the clearing, with Luecian waving the big Septon over. Following the Hunters lead he passes by Lady Corrine, giving her a half smile of reassurance. He sees the big Heir to House Dulver crouched ready to spring, with Lord Ben loviningly look at his Lady wife, before focusing on the entrance of the cave. Yoren stands behind the Heir of Dulver and Lord Ben, crouched in preparation for whatever comes out of the cave as well.

"
Give me a moment to get into position, Septon, an' then when I give the signal, take the ewe and run away, the lamb without the mother should make a horrendous racket, drawing the creature out. As it comes out Lady Corrine and meself will fill it full of arrows, and hopefully that will be the end of that."
He gives a confident chuckle and pats Septon Arlyn on the big hand with his strong one. "
Don't worry Septon, it will turn out fine."
Lithe like a shadowcat Luecian bounds into position next to Lady Corrine, both archers having arrows stuck into the freshly soft earth in groups of three for easy reach, the goose feather fletching grey against the background of green. Knocking a arrow then looking at Septon Arlyn the Archer raises his arm, then swiftly brings it down. With a fluid motion he draws back the arrow along with Lady Corrine. Septon Arlyn grabs the Ewe and throws it over his shoulders, then he begins rushing towards the edge of the clearing. Just as Septon Arlyn clears away he hears the sound of the Lamb distressingly bleating for its mother. A low grumble reaches out from the cave and grips the ears of those in attendance.

The Lamb, hearing the menacing growl, bleating with even more fear, and causing the Ewe the call out to her baby. With a roar the large bear emerges from the cave, bearing down onto the small lamb, seeking for a easy delicious snack. Its Large Shaggy form mildly thinning from its rest, and black beady eyes filled with the hunger of a long sleep.

[per reader Lady Corrine and Luecain both get 1 shot each, then we will move to Initiative]

Bear
CD 9
Health 15/15
AR 2
Movement: 5 yards
Bite 4D 5 Damage Grab
Claws 4D 8 Damage Piercing 1, Powerful,
Slow, Vicious

[url=intatitive][/url]: 3d6k2 10

Septon Arlyn
[url=intatitive day 6 kings justice Vs bear][/url]: 2d6-1 4

Last edited by 167 on Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:03 pm

Garred [url=Track][/url]: 5d6k4 13
Walton [url=Track assist][/url]: 2d6 7 failed

Garred [url=Notice][/url]: 4d6k3 12
Walton [url=Notice][/url]: 3d6 5 failed

EDIT:
Walton [url=initiative][/url]: 3d6-4 10
Garred [url=initiative][/url]: 2d6-2 10
Walton will move before Garred, but I don't think anyone will have chance to move, as Bear may not survive until beginning of combat...
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:11 pm

[ooc: Arlyn, minor detail, but Corrine has a hunting bow, not a longbow.]

[url=Marksmanship (Bows)][/url]: 4d6k3 15
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:18 pm

[url=initiative][/url]: 2d6-2 8

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:23 pm

[url=Survival Roll(Bear Cave)][/url]: 5d6k4 11+4(Great Hunter track bonus for animals)=15

Luecian was quiet and still as he waited for the beast to emerge, his eyes locked in to the cave's opening. Knock, Draw,Release...You done this mor'n a hunnerd times , nothing to worry bout just bigger target practice for ya. Sides if you ain't perfect this time, Lady Marsten do be here to help finish the job.Don't be just you out here today, relax.Lyanna was held lovingly and firmly in front of him, arrow knocked and ready to be drawn at first sight. As the bear's head and torso exit the dark of the cave and into the light, he draws back his longbow as he gauges the animal's pace for the briefest of moments. Taking a quick breath, he exhales and releases the arrow to fly towards the bear whose massive body is now fully visible. The arrow pierces the bear's thick hide just under its shoulder and buries itself rather deep within, only the feathers upon the shaft are left visible to mark it's entrance. Right as the bear staggered from the impact, a second arrow hits the bear not far from the first.

[url=Initiative Roll-Bear][/url]: 4d6-2 18
[url=Marksmanship-Bows Attack on Bear+aim+great hunter bonus][/url]: 8d6k5+4 19 3DoS*6= 18 dmg-0AR(Piercing 2)=18 dmg
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:53 pm

The bear all covered in brown hair roars out in pain and rage at the insult of the arrows slamming into its body, distracted from its quarry it swings his heavy head back in forth, smelling the air and seeking to find where the insult came from. The second arrow pierces deeply into the bears chest just mere seconds after the first, causing the beast to moan in pain and collapse into the earth. Its fur in its chest becomes dark and wet as its life force spurts across the ground, the red river spilling through the grass in rivulets, mixing with the water in the pool, turning the water pink, causing the brook to disperse pink water. The air that had been silenced by the challenging roar of the bear began to pick up again, with bird song breaking the silence of the grove, and chirping of crickets adding to the chorus of the forest.

(since the bear is not ferocious it can not take injuries, causing at least luecians bow shot to outright kill it, unless reader rules that it is a secondary character, then we would have a real fight on our hands. Twisted Evil )
Bear
CD 9
Health 0/15
AR 2
Movement: 5 yards
Bite 4D 5 Damage Grab
Claws 4D 8 Damage Piercing 1, Powerful,
Slow, Vicious
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:04 pm

[url=Initiative][/url]: 4d6k3 12

11 damage

Last edited by 151 on Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:10 pm

[url=Initiative if the Bear is not dead already][/url]: 3d6-3 5
There may be several bears too...

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:27 pm

[url=Coordinate survival hunting for answers day 6][/url]: 4d6 14

[url=Knowledge streetwise who would have healing 5 in the riverlands][/url]: 4d6 12 (possible rumour slot unless I can save my rumour slot to follow up on what I learned about the wildfyre and where it came from/ how it came into possession of some peasants)
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:19 pm

Nope, the bear is simply a result of a botched roll. No prizes for being rubbish.

People can investigate pennytree and roll well/spend destiny for more clues. Smile

(So nothing exciting here, but Davian is going to be joining and we can have a conversation about the bear hunt/use this slot as our rumour rolls ☺️. Also this
Reader wrote:- Confirm this as the truth. Ser Hugh Rivers and his revolutionaries seem to have acquired it without external support, due to their local knowledge (following up on neglected local legends).

As far as it relates to where the wildfyre came come. RP to come )
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:23 pm

After the bear fell still and the lapping upside the pool was noted, Septon Arlyn felt his body relax. He did not even realize that his body was tense until that moment. The adrenaline rushing through his body made him start to laugh wildly at the prospect of having survived to see such a ferocious beast. He stands from where he was crouching and his knees almost give way from the shaking of his legs. The image of the bear charging out from the cave towards the white little lamb burned into his minds eye, he could almost feel the shaggy beasts fur brush past him. He could almost smells the rancid breath as it bellowed its defiant challenge to those gathered in the beast's clearing. He releases the Ewe from his shoulders "
Go comfort your little one,"
the Septon advises the Ewe and watches for a moment as she bounds off towards her lamb.

Walking up to Lady Corrine and Luciean Longbow he pats both of them on the shoulder. "
Well shot My Lady, Luecian. Your plan worked like a charm, and both of your arrows flew true. I had faith that you would find the beast and bring him to the stranger's embrace. With such swiftness and persiosn as well. You two make quite the fine team. My only wish is that I could have seen you as you worked together to bring down those shadowcats. Impressive, that was very Impressive."
With that Septon Arlyn begins to walk towards the bear, still admiring the two archers handiwork and wishing to get a closer inspection.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:13 pm

Terren suddenly tenses as he sees the bear approaching, his eyes anxiously focused on the bear. However, he visibly relaxes and the look of fear turns to excitement as Lady Corinne and Luciean both shoot a single arrow quickly killing the bear. He turns around to them, the look of excitement still on his face, changing into one of respect, as he rides up to them. And says “A masterful show of marksmanship, My Lady, Luciean, it seems your plan went swimmingly.”

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:00 pm

Ser Garred didn't didn't even graced whole action with glance, slowly rubbing side of his bored face. However Walton was standing on the ground, in readiness, but instead, he was focus on cave's entrance, waiting for something more to happen. His face was expressing more and more disapprobation with time, when nothing was happening. And that's how he summed whole happening -That was big nothing...- said it with half-informing and half-asking tone. -Good shooting, anyway, but what should we do know?-
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:17 pm

Terrens face suddenly becomes serious as he ask Lady Corinne: “My Lady, since you have dealt with the threat at hand, could we speak for a moment, I have a suggestion which could help preserve the peace between House Bracken and House Blackwood.”

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next